“Very good environment” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Hyderabad, India
“Very good environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Hotel is in an excellent location with a mall and restaurant joints very close by. Extremely friendly staff - James, Mona, Chris and other members as well. The environment around is quite homely.
The kitchen can be mentioned Good. But I would say it could be better. Breakfast menu is good but I would have loved more if omelette is added. I refer it to my colleagues who to travel to Alpharetta as its one of best around.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Issaquah, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a work trip to Alpharetta, spent 3 nights. Nice breakfast, and evening happy hour, with heavy appetizers ( could be a meal for most). With wine and beer for free.

Fitness room was good, had it all to myself, good equipment, and it all worked!

Rooms were very small for a studio suite, as I have stayed at Residence Inns before, but not with this small of a footprint. Very basic accommodations, with the usual full kitchen, living rooms, dining, etc.

Daily shuttle to office wad very reliable, apwith a very friendly guy (James) doing the duty. Always available, and within a couple minutes of asking.

Planning another trip to Alpharetta in July, and staying here again, as I a creature of habit, and know the distance to my companies office. There is a Townplace Suites right by the office, but it never available at the price I need to lock is down.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay. Please contact me regarding your upcoming reservation and if available I will upgrade you to a larger one bedroom suite.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We just returned from a one night stay with the American Girl Package in one of the 2 bedroom units. We were celebrating our daughter's 7th birthday. We received a very nice call a few days before check in to confirm our package and we let them know that we would be arriving between 1 and 2 (Check in is at 3). We know that early check in cannot be guaranteed. We arrived at 2:40 and the room was not ready. The check-in clerk told me she could not tell me when the room would be ready and when asked if it would be by 3:00, normal check-in time, I was told no guarantees. I explained we had an appointment at 3:30 at the AG store for my daughter's birthday and would need to change clothes. She then tried to call housekeeping and told me it wouldn't be ready until 3:30 or later. She did not offer us a place to wait for the room, water, a place to change, or an attempt to help make the situation better for my 2 young daughters. As we sat in the breakfast area waiting, we watched two families with the same package come in and check-in to ready rooms for similar one night stays. Their daughter's were gushed over and the American Girl check-in was done as well as gifts given etc. Our birthday girl had to sit and watch all of this. We finally changed clothes in the bathroom and headed to the AG store after waiting until 3:25 with no updates. We felt completely ignored. When we returned at 5:30 our room was ready and we checked in, with no apologies by the staff for waiting earlier. The room was not very clean and the dishwasher was left running and full which was annoying since we waited for our room. The AG package was cute and our daughter enjoyed everything that was presented to her by the hotel. I understand rooms cannot be guaranteed early check in, however it should be ready by check-in time, especially when other people are allowed to check-in. Overall this Residence Inn is a good hotel because of the location and if you have a daughter to take to the AG store they do have a budget-friendly package. We, however, will not return because the service was lacking at check-in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. Our goal is for all of our guest to have an enjoyable problem free stay and we have certainly failed that with you. If possible please reach out to me so I can personally apologize and offer a resolution for the issues with your stay. Again I appreciate your feedback it allows us to get better at serving our guest.

Don
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very nice hotel right next to the North Point Mall and just about any other store or restaurant you could possibly want. The two room suite was perfect for us as we were in town for a wedding so getting ready was easier with the extra space and two bathrooms. A full kitchen and living room area, with a fire place, was very nice also. The down side was the family of elephants in the room directly above us on our first night. Thump, thump, thump any time they moved. The second night was much better as they had checked out.
The beds were ok and the pillows just so-so. We always bring our own pillows, so that wasn't too much an issue for us. The shower had good pressure and the water temp was really hot.
The breakfast was pretty good, well stocked and decent variety for a hotel breakfast buffet.
Overall, we liked this Residence Inn and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor. No one above you to walk around loudly.
Athens, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I cannot thank the staff of this Residence Inn enough for their quick attention and care when I had a medical crisis last Saturday morning. My 7-year-old granddaughter and I were there celebrating our shared birthdate and enjoying the American Girl package that the hotel offers. After breakfast, we went to the front desk to ask for some directions, and the room started spinning, and I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunately, I was able to stay conscious by finding a way to sit down. Several staff members rushed to my side, asking questions, offering to call 911, etc. Because of my granddaughter, I wanted to stay calm and "on the premises" if at all possible. One staff member called my husband back in Alabama, because it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to drive home, while 3 others helped me back to the room. They got me settled in the bed, showed my granddaughter how to call for help, brought me some ginger ale, and came back and checked on us every 30 minutes or so. My husband arrived 5 hours later. They said we could have stayed another night at no charge -- even though this was IN NO WAY their fault. We chose to head back to Alabama so I could see my doctor. It turned out to be vertigo and inner ear infection, but I am sure this staff would have helped no matter what my problem might have been.
In terms of the hotel itself, my granddaughter was thrilled with the special American Girl treatment and treats, and our room was very comfortable and clean. Thank goodness for The Disney Channel during those hours we were waiting. :)
To the staff -- I say thank you again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you are feeling much better! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff members and let them know how proud we are of their cool heads in a crisis. Thank you again.
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel with the America Girl Package! Our daughters really enjoyed the extra amenities related to their AG's. From the moment we walked in they felt like VIG's (Very Important Girls) as THEIR own room keys showed... The location is great because it is right next to the mall with the AG store and bistro!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our stay this past weekend was wonderful. The staff did a great job at making us feel welcome. We booked the American Girl package for my nieces birthday and they made her feel like a princess. Yvonne was wonderful checking us in and making a big deal about her birthday. They were very helpful is getting more milk and cookies for the extra girls that came with us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had such a good time with our American Girl experience and hope you will visit again soon. I'll make sure to commend Yvonne and the rest of the team for their exceptional customer service.

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall? Share your experiences!