“Close to everything” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Melbourne, Florida
“Close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very nice hotel right next to the North Point Mall and just about any other store or restaurant you could possibly want. The two room suite was perfect for us as we were in town for a wedding so getting ready was easier with the extra space and two bathrooms. A full kitchen and living room area, with a fire place, was very nice also. The down side was the family of elephants in the room directly above us on our first night. Thump, thump, thump any time they moved. The second night was much better as they had checked out.
The beds were ok and the pillows just so-so. We always bring our own pillows, so that wasn't too much an issue for us. The shower had good pressure and the water temp was really hot.
The breakfast was pretty good, well stocked and decent variety for a hotel breakfast buffet.
Overall, we liked this Residence Inn and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor. No one above you to walk around loudly.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Athens, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I cannot thank the staff of this Residence Inn enough for their quick attention and care when I had a medical crisis last Saturday morning. My 7-year-old granddaughter and I were there celebrating our shared birthdate and enjoying the American Girl package that the hotel offers. After breakfast, we went to the front desk to ask for some directions, and the room started spinning, and I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunately, I was able to stay conscious by finding a way to sit down. Several staff members rushed to my side, asking questions, offering to call 911, etc. Because of my granddaughter, I wanted to stay calm and "on the premises" if at all possible. One staff member called my husband back in Alabama, because it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to drive home, while 3 others helped me back to the room. They got me settled in the bed, showed my granddaughter how to call for help, brought me some ginger ale, and came back and checked on us every 30 minutes or so. My husband arrived 5 hours later. They said we could have stayed another night at no charge -- even though this was IN NO WAY their fault. We chose to head back to Alabama so I could see my doctor. It turned out to be vertigo and inner ear infection, but I am sure this staff would have helped no matter what my problem might have been.
In terms of the hotel itself, my granddaughter was thrilled with the special American Girl treatment and treats, and our room was very comfortable and clean. Thank goodness for The Disney Channel during those hours we were waiting. :)
To the staff -- I say thank you again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you are feeling much better! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff members and let them know how proud we are of their cool heads in a crisis. Thank you again.
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel with the America Girl Package! Our daughters really enjoyed the extra amenities related to their AG's. From the moment we walked in they felt like VIG's (Very Important Girls) as THEIR own room keys showed... The location is great because it is right next to the mall with the AG store and bistro!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our stay this past weekend was wonderful. The staff did a great job at making us feel welcome. We booked the American Girl package for my nieces birthday and they made her feel like a princess. Yvonne was wonderful checking us in and making a big deal about her birthday. They were very helpful is getting more milk and cookies for the extra girls that came with us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had such a good time with our American Girl experience and hope you will visit again soon. I'll make sure to commend Yvonne and the rest of the team for their exceptional customer service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I absolutely love this place. They treat you like family here. The rooms are great and the bed is like a cloud! Extremely clean and the staff if wonderful. I have to be away from home from work, at least I get to spend it here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy that you enjoy staying with us and hope to see you again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here and did the American Girl Doll package for my daughters birthday. The rooms and lobby were very clean, the breakfast was on par with most hotels and the location was perfect. The girl at the front desk (I can't remember her name but we checked in on Apr 12th @ 6pm.) was absolutely awesome. She was very engaging to talk to and definitely enhanced the experience for my 8 year old. I would highly recomend this experience if you are talking your kid to the American Girl doll store.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are so glad you enjoyed your American Girl stay with us. We do hope to see you when in Alpharetta in the future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to attend a wedding in Atlanta and couldn't have been more satisfied with the location and staff. Despite the ridiculous Atlanta traffic, the Residence Inn is easily accessible via GA 400, Roswell Road and many other "back streets". Yvonne and Raul at the front desk were so pleasant and helpful in switching my room, resolving a question about a free night e-certificate and even checking on local road construction and traffic back to the airport. Furnishings are clean and new and A/C works great even though it is a little noisy being behind a door at the foot of the bed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall? Share your experiences!