“Pretty good but not the best” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Chicago
“Pretty good but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel is descent. Upgraded but not too recently. Courtyard is bigger. Conveniently located next to the mall. Good rooms, with fireplace. The bathroom has same switch for light and fan, which I dislike.

Room Tip: There are two building. Elevator is in the middle. Laundry is on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review.We always appreciate feed back from our guests so that we can identify areas needing improvement. We hope you will give us another try the next time you find yourself in the Alpharetta area - we'd love the chance to exceed your expectations next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you are traveling to Atlanta this is your MUST STAY hotel in the city of Atlanta! While 20 minutes from Midtown, this hotel is perfectly situated near all the shopping you could ask for and delicious restaurants to fit any taste bud.
Upon check-in, I was greeted by some of the most friendly staff I have experienced in my travels. Guests receive a complimentary water and chocolates. Popcorn is popping and movies are playing free of charge as well. I have never experienced a more helpful staff. My room was being freshened by an ionizer. When I called the front desk, a staff member came running (literally running) to remove it and make sure that my room was perfect.
The rooms are spacious. The bedding is more comfortable than what I have at home. I even looked online about purchasing the pillows (a must have). Having an appointed kitchen is very helpful, perfect for heating up those leftovers. The furnishings in the living area were comfortable for napping and work.
I can't tell you how awesome the staff at this hotel was when I needed them! When my cell phone was dropped in the hall, a member of the cleaning staff came rushing after me to return it. I walked in last minute to the complimentary breakfast and was greeted with smiles and told to take my time. The assistant manager made more than one little girls evening by placing a tiara on their newly purchased American Girl doll. He seemed to enjoy doling out the "extras" as much as the little girls enjoyed receiving them. It was so cute. Staff members greet you as you pass them on the grounds. Everyone was very friendly and helpful!
The Residence Inn in Alpharetta is simply a must stay desination!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are so happy that you had such a great experience and will be sure to pass the praise along to our employees; they do try to go the extra mile for all of our guests. We hope you will think of us the next time you are in the Alpharetta area.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

After being kicked out of The Cheesecake Factory at midnight in the middle of Atlanta's Perfect Storm, we heard Residence Inn of North Point Parkway in Alpharetta, GA was letting people sleep in the lobby. We loaded everyone into three cars and crawled onto the side streets that were covered in a sheet of ice. The Residence Inn’s employees that were on duty were very gracious and made us all feel welcome. They let us sleep on the conference room floor or hang out in the lobby. We watched the news on their big screen TV all night. The Inn furnished us with blankets for warmth, bean bags for sleeping, and fresh coffee to drink. There were about twenty stranded motorist there at first, but more kept coming in all night.

Then precisely at 6:00 am, the hotel employees served everyone breakfast: We had eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, juice, fresh fruit and much more. Residence Inn fed everyone and never asked for any payment of any kind. Then amazingly, the employees picked up our empty plates as if we were their guests. No one was ever asked to leave and many spend a second night there. Thank you Residence Inn!

Brenda Lee Conrad

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
It was quite a storm, wasn't it? We are so glad that you made it safely to our Residence Inn! Snow storms are so rare here in Georgia; when they happen, we all have to work together to make sure everyone is well taken care of. Thank you for the kind review. We hope you will visit us again under more ideal circumstances!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed one night to make a trip out of a visit to the American Girl store at the mall. The hotel couldn't be more convenient to the store and there is plenty to do all right within a few minutes drive. My daughter loved the "extras" with the package and the special check in for her was so cute, they really did a great job making her feel special. The movie and popcorn for all the girls was great, as well as the pink items in the room. I was also pleasantly surprised with the breakfast since I don't usually expect much from a free breakfast, but it was better than most! Overall, we had a great experience and they did a really nice job catering to all the girls there for the American Girl package. Personally, I loved the firmer pillows, since you don't find those very often in hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your American Girl package experience at our hotel and hope you will visit us again.
Maumelle, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I come to Roswell, GA every 3 weeks to see my daughter. So far the residence inn hotels are the best I stayed for the price in this area. Rooms are big for the 2 of us. Right by the mall with all the major stores around us. Lots of things to do. At night they had a movie for the girls with popcorn at no extra charge. I Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to us to hear from returning guests. We're glad to hear that the two of you have been comfortable while staying here and hope we'll see you again on your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good location but really average facility. Room smelled of stale cigarette smoke and Febreeze. I could hear kids running around above me well into the evening. Breakfast bar was average--more like a Motel 6 breakfast bar than a Residence Inn. Hyatt breakfast bars are much better. Coffee was very weak; the Internet was slow, and I lost cable signal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Please accept my apology for the service failures that you encountered during your stay. I can promise you that we will use your feedback to continue to improve your future experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Okay so....the front desk and guy manager made me love the place...so welcoming. Gave me a princess crown and im 28. Love it. I booked with points they gave me a handicapped from...didnt like the bed. Very soft. Im not handicapped. And when we left 3 days later being an elite member wouldnt let late check out be later then 12:30. Okay stay. The front desk at the check in made it 4 stars keep up the good work divas!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. Our front desk staff will be happy to hear that they made your visit so special. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations in other areas and will be sure to do whatever we can to make sure that problem areas are addressed. We hope you'll give us another try if you should be in the Alpharetta area again.