“Great American Girl Package” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great American Girl Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed one night to make a trip out of a visit to the American Girl store at the mall. The hotel couldn't be more convenient to the store and there is plenty to do all right within a few minutes drive. My daughter loved the "extras" with the package and the special check in for her was so cute, they really did a great job making her feel special. The movie and popcorn for all the girls was great, as well as the pink items in the room. I was also pleasantly surprised with the breakfast since I don't usually expect much from a free breakfast, but it was better than most! Overall, we had a great experience and they did a really nice job catering to all the girls there for the American Girl package. Personally, I loved the firmer pillows, since you don't find those very often in hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your American Girl package experience at our hotel and hope you will visit us again.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I come to Roswell, GA every 3 weeks to see my daughter. So far the residence inn hotels are the best I stayed for the price in this area. Rooms are big for the 2 of us. Right by the mall with all the major stores around us. Lots of things to do. At night they had a movie for the girls with popcorn at no extra charge. I Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to us to hear from returning guests. We're glad to hear that the two of you have been comfortable while staying here and hope we'll see you again on your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good location but really average facility. Room smelled of stale cigarette smoke and Febreeze. I could hear kids running around above me well into the evening. Breakfast bar was average--more like a Motel 6 breakfast bar than a Residence Inn. Hyatt breakfast bars are much better. Coffee was very weak; the Internet was slow, and I lost cable signal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Please accept my apology for the service failures that you encountered during your stay. I can promise you that we will use your feedback to continue to improve your future experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Okay so....the front desk and guy manager made me love the place...so welcoming. Gave me a princess crown and im 28. Love it. I booked with points they gave me a handicapped from...didnt like the bed. Very soft. Im not handicapped. And when we left 3 days later being an elite member wouldnt let late check out be later then 12:30. Okay stay. The front desk at the check in made it 4 stars keep up the good work divas!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. Our front desk staff will be happy to hear that they made your visit so special. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations in other areas and will be sure to do whatever we can to make sure that problem areas are addressed. We hope you'll give us another try if you should be in the Alpharetta area again.
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

For Christmas this year I wanted to do something special for my daughter. She had been asking for an American Girl doll. I did some research on the internet and found out there was an American Girl store not too far away in Alpharetta, Georgia. A friend of mine had taken his daughter there a year ago, and he told me about a nearby hotel that had American Girl packages. I made a reservation for us and we traveled to Alpharetta this past weekend. My daughter got her American Girl doll and some other items, she was very excited. However, her biggest surprise came when we checked into the Residence Inn and they treated her like a royal princess. It was so wonderful! The front desk staff acted so excited and even gave my daughter extra little gifts to make her feel really special. She was so amazed when we got to the room and there was her very own American Girl doll bed. She was thrilled to see pink pillows and blankets on her own bed and the pink towels and other treats that awaited her. That evening we went down to the lobby and got to watch 2 American Girl movies while sitting on pink bean bag chairs, sipping pink lemonade, and eating popcorn. It was a great moment for us both. It rained all weekend, so we were pretty much stuck in the hotel most of our last day there. Even though it was a Sunday, and they didn't have a movie scheduled, Chris, the front desk associate went above and beyond his duties by pulling out a couple of bean bag chairs and letting my daughter pick another movie to watch. It was very apparent to me that the employees at this hotel love their jobs and enjoyed making our visit special as much as we did. The next time we need to visit the American Girl store, we will definitely be staying at the Residence Inn again. I highly recommend this hotel to any parent that really wants to enhance their child's visit and make memories that will last a lifetime!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the awesome review! We are so glad that you and your daughter had such a great experience. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our front desk staff - they truly do enjoy making the American Girl package experience special for each girl who stays here. We hope you'll choose our Residence Inn the next time you visit our area.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This spot is located right by Alpharetta's North Point mall just off the expressway. The studio suites are our favorite rooms. Kitchen and living area are comfortable and practical. There is a good full breakfast and friendly staff. We've come 3 times so far and will be back.

Stayed December 2013
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Residence Inn Alpharetta North Point Mall! It means so much to know that you continue to choose our hotel for your trips to Alpharetta. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice suites, excellent customer service..went out of the way to help me...breakfast could have been better, but no big deal. Across he street from the north point mall, so if you want to indulge in shopping after work or have a bite at the Cheesecake Factory, you just have to cross the street. Shuttle service to nearby areas an added bonus.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of our Residence Inn Alpharetta North Point Mall. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose us when you are in the Alpharetta area in the future. You'll want to check the new restaurants that have opened nearby - they are terrific and so close to the hotel. There is also a new AMC theater at North Point Mall which is a great addition to our neighborhood. We think you'll like all of the new experiences our North Point Mall area can offer!

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall? Share your experiences!