“Great hotel, third stay. Just need to clean better.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
myrtle beach
“Great hotel, third stay. Just need to clean better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel has an awesome front desk staff. I wish I would have written down the young mans name that helped us. ( blonde hair). He was fantastic! The rooms are Great, well appointed. Perfect location! Rooms are quiet and spacious. My only suggestion is that housekeeping check the rooms better. We found candy, a child's book and food under the furniture and along side the baseboards. Also this is the second time I have found used towels hanging behind the bathroom door right when I checked in. Instead of rushing through the rooms, they should have someone fresh inspect them. I also manage vacation rental property and understand the obstacle regarding cleaning, but the way to fix it is to have an inspector address the room before a guest checks in. It works for us! If a guest finds something wrong, then it is human nature to look through the room with a fine tooth comb. Don't give your guests a reason to look for stuff. Take the extra time and care to look at it through the guests eyes. Check behind the bathroom door for dirty towels on the door hook.

Other than the small cleaning issues, this hotel is great!

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are the best!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you had such a good experience over all while staying at our Residence Inn and have passed your praise on to our associates. We are sorry that you had cleaning issues during your stay. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and will address them with the appropriate departments. Our commitment is to exceed your expectations and we are sure that you will see the result of our efforts with your next stay. Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
macon, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife, 2 children and I stayed at this hotel Saturday night and we have stayed once before. The entire staff was incredible...extremely friendly and went above and beyond to provide us with anything we asked for. They even had fresh popcorn popping when we arrived and handed my daughter a ticket to the American Girl movie and she felt so special. The breakfast was excellent, much better than most hotels we stay at, and we travel frequently. The 2 bedroom suite was spacious and extremely clean. We could have stayed there for a week and not felt cramped at all. The hotel is conveniently located on the northside of Atlanta so even though you are in the suburbs, it is a quick trip to the city. I highly recommend staying her whether it is for one night or 2 weeks. Thank you to Don Speegle, General Manager for leading such a great team and taking pride in making your hotel a wonderful experience for all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your awesome review of our Residence Inn Alpharetta North Point! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Alpharetta is a great place to visit, as you mentioned. There is a lot to do here and getting down town to Atlanta is a breeze. We make a great home base for holiday shopping too! We hope you'll come to visit us again soon.
Hueytown, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I took my grandchild for the American Girl experience and it was great. Every person in the hotel made her feel special. The staff was great and the room was great. They made her feel very special. I looked at other places and I am very happy that I chose this one. She loved the movies they played at night. Very pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that you and your grandchild had such a great trip! We appreciate your kind review and hope that you will visit us again soon.
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was our second time at this location. We have friends that we visit in the area and this hotel is a great location. Remodeled 1 bedroom is a bit tight for family of 4 with 2 teen boys. The sectional couch not a good fit for room and need a wall mounted TV to save space. Clean and typical room. The pool here is great as is the basketball court. Hot tub in nice but jets too low. Breakfast is good but crowded room...;Coffee prep area too small, hard to navigate. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are happy to see that this is a second visit for you and hope you will continue to choose our Residence Inn when you are visiting the
Alpharetta area. I can understand that the fit could be a little tight in the one bedroom suite, especially with two teen agers. I'd like to suggest trying our two bedroom suite for your next visit. It would give you a lot much needed space. Thank you again
Cibolo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great place to stay for a week. My wife was on a business trip so I tagged along with our son and I felt very comfortable with our 5 month old here for a week. Full kitchen is so much nicer than the little kitchenettes at other places.

Very close to everything, shopping, mall, food.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here! Our proximity to shopping and restaurants makes it easy for families to have fun without getting into traffic. Our front desk agents can recommend lots of activities that you may enjoy as well as give directions to parks and playgrounds. Thanks again - we hope you'll visit again soon.
Marshallville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

No this is not some great deal, it is pricey, but if you have young girls do it anyway. How often do you get to hear your six year old say that "this is the best day of my life". The rooms are nothing special it is the service that is great. Take your girls and their dolls in at check in they have a great separate area and they give them a few thing and really do a great job of making them feel special, asking dolls names, special room key etc. Let the girls pick out an AG movie then brought pink bean bags up to their room with pop corn to watch it. Pink everywhere. Doll bed that they get to take home. Both girls said can we always stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are happy that your girls had such a great time and enjoyed their American Girl experience here. We hope you'll visit us again when you're in the Alpharetta area!
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Residence Inn at North Point Mall in Alpharetta and it will probably be my last. In the past few years I have stayed here during week long business trips and always found the staff to be professional and the facilities relatively clean. This was not the case with this visit. I was given a room in Bldg A. The condition of the hallway should have given me a clue about the condition of the room, there was a lot of dust and food crumbs on the carpet, especially around a door marked as employee only. The interior of the elevator was smeared with what looked like adhesive residue on every wall and the carpet was just as bad as the hallway. My room looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. Surfaces were either dusty and/or grimy. Toothpaste splatter on the bathroom mirror, hair and mildew in the tub. Fingerprints and smears on the mirrored closet doors. Crumbs in the toaster and unidentified splatter on the table and chairs. There was popcorn and kernels under the sofa. The handle in the bathtub was rusty and the cover had come off. The dishwasher had food grime as did the freezer. I took my bags back to the front desk and let them know about the condition of the room and was given another in the same building, same floor.

This room was worse than the first. Same toothpaste splatter on the mirror. Same dusty furniture (especially the back of the sofa), same crumbs in the toaster. The rails for the closet doors had not been cleaned in some time and had dust and filth clinging to them. The tops of the picture frames were caked in dust as was the wall at the head of the bed. Dishes left in the dishwasher, ice left in the freezer and water left in the iron. The microwave interior had oily residue from someone's meal. (The TV sits on a counter and the chest of drawers sits underneath.) From the bed you could see caked dust on the top of the dresser (in both rooms). Over the dining table is a clear glass pendant, again, in both rooms the pendants had smears and fingerprints clearly visible. The extra blankets for the pullout sofa bed were barely folded and tossed on a shelf, they did not look clean. Overall the room was just dirty and looked uncared for.

Again I dragged my luggage to the front desk and asked for a clean room. This time they gave me a choice of rooms in Bldg B. Overall Bldg B was cleaner, but even those rooms had problems. By this time I am tired from traveling all day, have to get up for an 8 AM meeting so I have them clean up the least dirty room (M&Ms under the sofa this time, and fewer fingerprints on the pendant, the range hood was loose from the cabinet on one side, nails visible).

Clearly they have housekeeping issues and the facility as a whole is not aging well. This is a shame as this is a great location with staff who seem to care.

Room Tip: Choose Building B, rooms facing away from pool area. Very noisy during summer months.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are so sorry that you encountered so many problems during your recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously and will be addressing your concerns with our housekeeping staff. We take cleanliness very seriously and want every guest to be comfortable and satisfied when staying with us.I regret that I was not able to talk with you personally during your stay and I encourage you to contact me directly so that I can assure you of the steps we are taking to make every room exceed our guests' expectations.

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall? Share your experiences!