“Quick stay but good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Des Moines, Iowa
“Quick stay but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had a really good experience at this hotel.

The gentleman who checked us in was over the top nice and very fast. He explained the layout of the hotel which was nice as it was different from a lot of RI I have been to. The buildings surround he pool and sports court area and there is a nice seating area there as well. It was a beautiful evening when we were there and a lot of people were enjoying the space without it being crowded.

The room was standard for RI but it has recently been refreshed. The trees surrounding the building made not only for a nice view but also a great buffer from the highway noise. We even forgot the road was right there.

Breakfast was a little crowded but it was the weekend so lots of families. They had plenty of food so no big deal. Used the outdoor area to eat which was nice.

Great location, adjacent to the mall and lots of dining choices.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Stallings, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend with our girls for a birthday treat. Upon arrival my girls were greeted by staff and treated wonderful. The staff really went above & beyond just being courteous and helpful.The rooms were clean and spacious the 2 bathrooms were a plus. The American Girl store is in the mall , smaller than I thought it would be however it was our first time visiting an AG store so it was not overwhelming. If you are a light sleeper the air conditioner was loud but other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We couldn't be happier with our stay, the staff and the amenities at the Residence Inn North Point. We recently moved here from Colorado and the weather has definitely been the thing we are still trying to get used to! Imagine my dismay to have the AC at our new house blow up on the hottest day (so far) of the year. I just couldn't keep my family there for fear they could get sick from the heat. A friend of ours put us in touch with Don Speegle (I hope I spelled his last name correctly!), the hotel manager. He was able to accommodate all four of us in a really great room, at the last minute, for a more than reasonable price. His desk staff (especially Peter) were incredibly nice and understanding of our situation, even offering to help me unload my car, dog, and child. By the time my husband got "home", we had already been to the pool (which is very, very clean) and our son had been having a blast exploring his new, shared abode. Complimentary dinner (including red and white wine and beer) was SO needed after our stressful day, and we enjoyed it very much, along with their tasteful new renovations both in the common areas and in our room. Their continental breakfast is absolutely awesome (today included potatoes and veggies, scrambled eggs, fruit, waffle bar with lots of toppings, oatmeal, great coffee, muffins, bagels, and more!)--our son ate them out of hotel and home. :) Since we are staying at least another night, I'm sure we'll be back at the pool plenty or visiting one of the nearby shopping areas--anything you could want is either a short walk or very quick drive away. We will ALWAYS refer our family and friends to this hotel when they come to town to visit--and if the worst happens at our house again, we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is a comfortable place. Spent a night here and will do so again. Had a bit of disappointment with the Front Desk staff. He was very rude. That too when I am a gold member. Bumped into few other and they were all very very professional.
Over all a satisfied customer. I know everyone once in a while has a bad day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took my daughter to this hotel because I read the reviews and because it was so close to the Mall. It was my daughter's 10th birthday and I surprised her with this trip to take her to the American Girl Doll store to shop and dine there.Tatiana was the one who checked us in and immediately I knew she was great! She made my daughter feel great and special. I had gotten the American Girl doll package and it was the best! The beds were great and the rooms were very clean! I would have given the hotel 5 stars but I dont like that you have to park to check in and it was rainy and we got wet :(
Other than that! A+

Room Tip: The rooms away from the mall view would be best. Less noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We checked in after a wedding and couldn't believe how friendly, courteous, and attentive the desk clerks were. They even upgraded our room to a two bedroom suite without us ever asking. (It wasn't even necessary since there were only two of us) It was such a nice, unexpected offer. I was a little nervous after reading previous comments about ants on the property. (Didn't even mention the possibility to my husband) Thankfully, we never saw bugs of any kind! I appreciated that the room was quiet and we didn't over hear any neighbors. The breakfast was fine, nothing special but there was a variety. Nothing compares so far to the unbelievable food served at the Downtown Denver Residence Inn! The beds were too soft for me and my husband but everything was spotless. The friendliness of the staff is enough to make me want to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaukauna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have traveled to the North Atlanta area 3 times over the past 2 months and have stayed at the Residence Inn Alpharetta/North Point Mall each time. Each time I arrive late on a Sunday and have always been greeted with a warm smile and 'welcome to ...'. The people at check-in have gone above and beyond - offering bottled water and fruit as a snack. The breakfast is plentiful and hot. The lady working the buffet is willing to adjust to personal requests. Nice to see this kind of service, warm welcome and relaxing atmosphere in these hectic days of travel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the east building have been the best for me - away from the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business