“Perfect for what we needed” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Marietta, GA
“Perfect for what we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our A/C went out on one of the hottest days in Atlanta. We needed 2 rooms and a facility that would take pets. We got a 2 bedroom suite with 2 baths, a living room and a full kitchen. Luckily, my family didn't make me cook, but I could have if needed. The rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and they have free breakfast. And the A/C worked!! If I need a pet-friendly local hotel again, I would definitely stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

After coming back to my room in this non-smoking hotel from being out all day, the person in the room next door was smoking. This was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. When I contacted management, they told me there was nothing they could do. We were forced to leave in the middle of the night and find another hotel. My clothes had to be cleaned to get the smell out and even though we complained and were credited for the night we had to leave, we have still not received the credit. Management was contacted and all they had to say was "sorry", again with the "there's nothing we can do." Very, very poor service and no effort made to compensate us for having to pack, leave, find another hotel, and have our clothes cleaned. I would not even consider staying at this place again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Doubletree!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

The hotel met our expectations and the staff were nice and accomodating. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and felt at home. I had previously checked the reviews on trip advisor and promised myself I'll come back and give my opinion. It is also very central to most places in atlanta. We'd stay there again if we need to

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
WARNER ROBINS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This hotel is absolutely fabulous. Its in a great spot, lots of great restaurants and shopping around. right off the interstate but far enough off that you dont hear the noise. my husband and i had to make several trips to and from flowery branch, ga and duluth, ga...only 20 mins from each city. I was most impressed by how nice the lobby, pool area, and rooms were. The rooms were very clean and the beds and pillows were so comfortable that I'm thinking of purchasing that kind myself. very good nights sleep. The price was very reasonable for such a nice hotel. my husband was most impressed about the friendliness of all the staff. They were exceptionally nice and very helpful. They asked if we needed to know how to get anywhere, showed us the best way to get to our room, and when we needed a taxi...they called the taxi service and asked how much it would be, then called the taxi for us. I cannot say enough about this hotel and I am looking forward to booking my next stay with them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Statesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Much nicer style to this Residence Inn. Rooms seemed far more spacious, with inside access and elevators. Very nice kitchens, single TV CRT style somewhat outmoded. No wireless internet, must use wired LAN. Nice bathrooms to these rooms. Very close to office parks and Northpoint Mall, shopping, and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Good hotel with all basic facility with Daily morning breakfast.
This hotel is near to Shopping mall, which is good for all shopping lovers.
In addition to Good scenic Views hotel also provide with pool and gym facility.
And yes to all Indians here you can view few Indian channels.

Addition to all you get free Shuttle with in 5 miles of distance.

So in all hotel is worth to stay .

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed here last weekend off of a 3 star bid $29 priceline bid. (It was $40 with tax and fees). I suppose it was a decent deal for the price, but it does not change the fact that this place should not be a part of the Marriott family. This felt much more like a comfort inn or Econo Lodge.

This is an old school Rez Inn, probably built in the late 80s or early 90s. The whole place is stark and cheaply built. The lobby is teeny tiny like a Motel 6, as is the breakfast area. Everything is showing it's age here. The place seemed clean and well-maintained, but just old.

The room was just okay. Like I said, clean, but thats it. Bed was probably the best part. Furniture was shabby, old box TV, remote that was falling apart, etc....

The bathroom sucked. The towels were like sandpaper. Horrible dim florescent lights. No hot water when I wanted to take a shower at night. Loud fan, wobbly toilet seat, and vents clogged with dust were nice touches.

I would not return here, much less pay their full rate. Like I said, it was probably a solid deal on Priceline, but it still doesn't change the fact that for a Marriott property it was very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall? Share your experiences!