“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Portland, Oregon
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel near my aunt's condo - had everything we needed. Outdoor pool. Free hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, cereal, muffins, bread). Free DVD checkout. Nice rooms with kitchenette.

• Stayed June 2013

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I always wait at least 24 hours before writing a negative review to see if I still f

I arrived at 2:10 pm. I knew they had a 3 pm check in time, but also know that hotels fill the rooms with guest as soon as they become available. 2:10 on a Friday afternoon at a business hotel should have a room ready or near ready.

When I entered the desk person (who's name I cannot remember but it was something like Sharaka) was discussing her lunch with a fellow employee arguing that what she had was not garlic chicken that she had ordered. She first ignored me then when seeing I was not walking away from the desk, she turned. I said hello and handed her my drivers license and credit card telling her I had a reservation. She tossed the two cards back, never looking at my name and said "We don't check in till 3". She had no idea if I had an early check in or not (and I did not). I asked if there were rooms ready and she said "We don't check in till 3" I again asked if she had anything since it was only 45 minutes till check in and she said "No, we don't check in till 3 you can come back then".

I would have been ok if she would have said there no room available just yet, to have a seat in the lobby and she'd let me know when one became available or if she would have just looked to see if any were ready, .But she did neither and turned to pick up her food and leave the desk area. I told her I'd just find another place to stay and she said "Good, let me know".

She did not care one bit about that room sale.

I called the phone number on the website and got a customer service person who was of a little bit of help making sure my card was not charged since I was pass the time for free cancelation. I asked the customer service person ,Natalie, to please call the manager and she reported the manager stated there was nothing available. When I asked who she spoke with she said the Sharaka person's name. I told her that under no stretch of the imagination was this lady a manager and she stated that when asked, Sharaka said she was the manager on duty.

I went somewhere else and had a nice stay will go back to that hotel. The Holiday Inn group who allows private owners to use their name should reconsider allowing this manager and this staff to use their name and reputation. I had stopped using Holiday Inn Properties a few years ago because of the seedy managers some properties had, but it seemed as if they have in recent years cleaned up the hotels and the managers--they apparently missed this one.

Go somewhere else for your stay, there are plenty in the same neighborhood, even on the same road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeSpirit, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the service you received. We were sold out every day last week and the front desk was informed to wait until 3:00 p.m. to check guests in to give housekeeping ample time to concentrate on cleaning rooms. We also just receive a shipment of new bedding and housekeeping was trying to get the new bedding distributed as well. If we are sold out the night prior it is difficult to grant early check ins. However, the manor in which you were informed of our scheduled check in time could have been handled differently. Your review was shared with our entire staff so that we can handle this situation better in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us at a later date.

Al Odell
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I say hardworking because they didn't snub their noses at us when they realized we were walk-ins without an advance reservation (I don't recommend you do this in Alpharetta, Georgia on a Friday afternoon). Even though they were obviously busy, they seemed genuinely concerned and took the time to research their database for us. Bottom line, they gave us a great room at a very good rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I understand from the front desk that this is Staybridge's first location. You can tell it's older; however,key areas like kitchens and baths have been nicely updated. I love that you get a suite for the price of a room. Wonderful, stocked kitchen, sofa and tables, decent closet space, along with nice bed and decent bath. Very friendly staff! Great location, right up the highway from that incredible North Point shopping district and the North Point church pastored by the Christian teaching phenom, Andy Stanley. Not close to downtown Atlanta, but area is self-contained so if you don't need the city, you don't need to leave.

Room Tip: I requested the top (third) floor and got a good location backing to trees.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We chose Staybridge because we were looking for real suites; the kind with a living area and then two bedrooms with bathrooms in each. We were able to put 6 to 8 people in each suite and then have two bathrooms to use for getting ready for the day. The rooms were quiet, comfortable, and well equipped. Other great features included the extremely nice and helpful night clerk, and the wonderful complimentary breakfast. And, also as good, was the hotel's close proximity to NorthPoint Church, pastored by Andy Stanley. While the hotel may be up to 30 minutes away from downtown Atlanta and Six Flags Over Georgia, it is worth the drive and time to have such a great place to stay. This was my second stay at this hotel, and it will not be the last.

Room Tip: If you have several people, be sure to specify you want a suite with as many beds as are available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

5 or us were in town for a family event. Great price (around 100 per night for 2 bedroom/bathroom suite that slept 5). Staff very friendly and helpful. Great suggestions on local options. Plenty of space. Breakfast ample w oatmeal, bananas, yogurt and granola if you are not the waffle and eggs type.

Workout room was closed for remodeling so they had these day passes to this huge fitness center literally 5 mins drive that had enviable facilities including lap pools inside and outside and kid water slides, etc. (Stay bridge think about keeping that)

Downsides - air handling system was so noisy it woke you up/ had to turn TV up and down. Beds were way too hard (spouse didn't sleep). Master toilet was unstable/ rocked (probably due to renovation not punch listing properly). Parts of shower ditto. Took a couple of days for these to be addressed.

Parking was ample during day, but you want to be back before 10pm at night or you may not find a space (the shuttle may be available if you are doing a late return).

This place is about 5 mins from North American Mission Board and Northpoint community church if either of those is on your agenda.

Overall a good value despite downsides (particularly with workout center work-around!).

• Stayed May 2013
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Staying for week on business. Location is close to many corporations as well as main 400 highway. Service was excellent and breakfast every morning was filling including bacon. Wifi speeds were adequate and had no problem sleeping. Very close to Dunkin Donuts. The price was reasonable for room size and morning/evening food buffets. Hotel was doing some improvements during daytime but did not bother us at all. Front desk was very helpful withe directions and places to go. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point? Share your experiences!