“My home for 2+ months!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Roswell, Georgia
“My home for 2+ months!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here while my house was being completed and they did a great job. Not only stayed there but because I home-office, worked there too. Pets (6) were welcome, we enjoyed the evening gatherings and breakfasts. IHG is my preferred brand for accommodations and this property delivered beyond expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
nunya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We arrived at 3:45, check in began at 3:00. Our room wasn't ready. We were told it would be about 20 minutes. After 30 minutes my husband checked back. Our room STILL wasn't ready. Then the clerk told us there was a room ready for someone that was supposed to stay eight days but hadn't showed yet, so they would move us to that room. And acted like she was doing US a favor. Needless to say I was ill about it.
The suite was really spacious. We had a two bedroom(one with a queen and one with 2 doubles) with separate living space and two bathrooms. The bathroom was clean and fairly spacious, it had a curved shower curtain so you didn't feel cramped in the shower. .There was also a real thermostat, just set the temperature.
The décor was nice, if a little drab. It was heavy on the browns. We were in the center on the second floor and it was really quiet overnight. Our mattress was too soft for my taste. My husband I shared a double and it seemed to sag a bit in the middle, making us roll that way. The other couple didn't have the same problem, maybe it was just ours?
The breakfast was great, only missing bacon :) They offered fruit, bagels, eggs, sausage, muffins, cereals, and bread that I can remember. They also had a toaster available. Our favorite part was the Make-your-own-waffle, but with only one waffle iron available, that could get to be a long line if it were busy(a waffle took 2 minutes). Juices, 2% and skim milk and coffee were also offered.
Check out was fast, and the morning clerk was much friendlier.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
North Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is by far my favorite hotel near Atlanta. The staff here is absolutely amazing, and the hotel is very well kept up. When we checked in, we were able to get an upgrade (subject to availability, of course), and I even got to keep my cat with me! They had a social hour with Nachos when we arrived, which was perfect because I was able to eat a little something at the hotel instead of traveling back out (although many great restaurants are very nearby). Housekeeping refreshed our towels and made beds every day. Each morning, they had their standard breakfast: muffins, bagels, breads, waffle maker, cereals, boiled eggs, milk, and usually one meat (sausage/ham) with eggs. We had the same lady for breakfast every morning (pardon me for not remembering her name, but it was a unique name!). She goes above and beyond for her job. Everything is well stocked, fresh, and she is always eager to get something if you need it. Despite my hatred for early mornings, she always brightens my day.
The exercise room is stocked with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, bike, and weight equipment. It is located right next to the complimentary laundry facilities, so while you wait on your laundry, you can work out if you would like. (Although, I have used their facilities frequently and never had a problem leaving my clothes there unsupervised, I just make sure to return before the cycle finishes.)
As for location, it is fairly close to Atlanta, but if you are working in Atlanta for the day, make sure you schedule in delays for traffic. Our travel was about 22 miles into Atlanta every day which took anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I would STILL rather stay here if I am visiting Atlanta. As for locations of things nearby, the North Point Mall is down the road which you can find many things to do because it is a very large mall. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at near the hotel and closer to the mall, so you can find anything you might be hungry for. The grocery is close by (Publix is my favorite, but a Neighborhood Market Walmart is next to it), and other normal retail locations are in close distance.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through Atlanta. The rooms are spacious, the staff is awesome, and the location is perfect. We will be here again whether for business or pleasure!!

Room Tip: If you are disappointed with your room location for ANY reason, do not hesitate to inform the staff...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Staybridge was a great place to stay. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that housekeeping was very slow. The only thing they do during the week is give you new towels and make your bed. No wiping down of anything or cleaning of any type. They offer free laundry services which is great, but most of their washers are moldy from the front loaders not airing out properly. One of the dryers "ate" one of my shirts, but the sign states they aren't responsible. I would stay here again however.

Room Tip: We had a queen suite which included a refrigerator, stove top, and dishwasher.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The room was spacious and attractive as well as spotlessly clean. It was a delight and as an added bonus they were having a happy hour with hot dogs and hamburgers!! How perfect not to have to trudge out for dinner after a long trip. Breakfast was very good, The staff was friendly and very helpful.but should be a bit quieter since the walls are very thin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great. As a business travel who spends 2/3+ of the year on the road I'm always looking for an extended stay hotel type that is comfortable, friendly, and feels like home. This one does not disappoint.
The staff was very friendly and genuine. The decor was recently updated as well as the furnishings. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I'll stay here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and well supplied with flat screen televisions, DVD players etc. Breakfast is ok but the only healthy option is porridge if you like it. Gym looks well stocked and the laundry room is handy too. Only issues for me were the thin walls. You can hear noises and there are some busy roads nearby. Try to get a room round the back of the hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point? Share your experiences!