“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
North Carolina
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were in Alpharetta the week of July 4 and enjoyed our stay at Staybridge. From check in to check out, the staff was friendly and helpful. Our suite was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast and evening receptions were great. The food was excellent. We visit the Atlanta area every year and this hotel is where we will be staying on our future trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Our room was nice. It was clean. But they put a $250 hold on my credit card that took DAYS to be released. When I asked specifically at checkout if there was a hold, because my room was paid in full, I was told there was not. I checked my account the next day and there it was. :( I will never stay with this chain again! Ever!!! Poor policy!!!

• Stayed June 2012
StaybridgeSpirit, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. I understand that you were upset about the $250.00 credit card authorization. We do have a sign posted at the front desk regarding our policy. The majority of hotels do an authorization on your credit card but the amount varies per hotel. On a major credit card the authorization typically releases upon check out but on a debit card it depends on your bank on how long they hold the authorization. The main reason we put a $250.00 authorization on your credit card is due to our smoking policy. We charge a $250.00 fee if someone smokes in a guest room. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Anne Pierson
Director of Sales
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We just returned from a six day stay at the Staybridge Suites in Alpharetta and can't say enough nice things about the hotel and the staff. Our son was playng in a baseball tournament in Marietta and the Staybridge was one of the "choice" lodgings that the tournament mandated teams stay. While we were some distance from our park, the hotel accomodations more than made up for the travel inconvenience. The breakfast was a GREAT start for the team- food was delicious and healthy and the area was always well kept. Our room was PERFECT- it was very clean and the hotel was really quiet. Having the kitchen and living area made our off times very relaxing. The kids enjoyed the pool area and definitely enjoyed the afternoon snack times.
The staff, especially Donna and Carrington were so helpful.... from directions to lost lovies, they were always there with a smile!
Thanks for a great stay!! and all the cheering!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Loved Alpharetta, hated this hotel.

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites at 3980 Northpoint Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30005 from 6-17-2012 to 6-23-2012. First, I requested a non-smoking room. When I arrived in the room there had clearly been a smoker there. I told the manager and she said that some rooms had been converted from smoking to non-smoking. She was able to find me another room, however, I had to go through the inconvenience of packing, moving, unpacking and then moving my rental car to the other side of the hotel.

To make matters worse, there was a woman, her child and 3 dogs (2 large, 1 small) located in the room across from me. I always stay on the top floor just to avoid anyone with animals. They are usually on the 1st floor. This woman and her daughter allowed the dogs to bark continuously and even played with the animals in the hall. They were up and down throughout the night taking the dogs out for restroom breaks. I was unable to sleep soundly at all. I politely and discreetly complained to the front desk repeatedly and they assured me that they would do something about it. Nothing happened. I complained the next day and nothing happened. I even called the hotel anonymously to see if there were rooms available on the first floor. The clerk said that there were rooms available. I then went to the front desk to see if they could offer to move the woman and her dogs. They assured me that they would take care of it. NOTHING HAPPENED; same problems. I suffered through the rest of the week and left very upset and dissatisfied with the service and treatment I received. I feel like the management was unwilling to treat me as a valued customer and put the interest of the other guest above mine. I was going to book this week’s stay there, but decided to move to another hotel nearby.

Room Tip: My tip: don't stay here if you don't like animals or you don't smoke.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Splink01,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was at the Staybridge Northpointe for one week on business. I found my room clean and comfortable. The full size refrigerator, microwave, dishes, and dishwasher were wonderful. Wi-fi could be slow at times, but was usually adequate to FaceTime with my family at night. It appears that all the renovations referenced in prior reviews has been completed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Also, a big plus is that the Staybridge is only a 3 minute walk to the Alpharetta Greenway, which is a beautiful, shaded running/walking/cycling path. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

It is a great pleasure for me that the company chooses a hotel with accommodating staffs, clean room, and also shuttle for our transportation. Regarding my breakfast, they already prepared food for us everyday, and also dinner every Tuesday thru Thursday.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

It's my first time here staying in Alpharetta yet it did not took me long to love the place especially in this hotel. The food was great. All staffs were very accommodating. We had our room cleaned every day. We don't worry about our mode of transport co'z the hotel already provided us shuttle on our way to the office and back to the hotel as well. I really felt that I am not away from home since the hotel made me feel as comfortable as my home back on our country.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point? Share your experiences!