“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Marianna, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

The hotel staff were very friendly and personable. Our room was so clean and fresh- bed was very comfortable. They have breakfast each morning which was very tasty. Overall, this is a great hotel- very conveniently located and well worth the money!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St. Marys, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

bad start good ending gave us wrong room, gave us some else's room, one bedspread dirty, slow service to replace bedspread, good location, free breakfast, free morrning newspaper, quiet, inside rooms, spacious rooms with desk and a separate chair, 2 queen beds........would probably stay here again at 50 bucks a night via priceline

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We arrived on 3/27 planning on staying until 3/29. Upon arrival we were told that they did not have the room that we had reserved (a double queen with pullout sofa). The young lady apologized and said that she could put us in a king with rollaway bed. I told her that wouldn't work as because we were a party of five including a 16 yr old, 7 yr old and a 3 yr old. I spent (once I looked at my watch) 25 minutes standing at the front desk with her scrambling to find us a suitable room while my husband, daughter and son were waiting in the car with my screaming 3 yr old. Somewhere out of the blue she said that she now has the room that we reserved. So we get two keys, all of our luggage and all the kids and proceed to the 3rd floor. We get everyone up there to find that the keys do not work. So I have to leave all three kids and my husband just standing in the hallway not able to get in our room. I go back and get the keys corrected and ask where their pool is. Come to find out there is NO pool! We NEVER stay in a hotel without pool. Now this part is part my fault also because I didn't read everything in detail. I did, however explain to the lady that there is clearly a picture of a pool on the top strip on the hotel's own website. She just said "Oh, there is". Becoming very angry at this point I just walk away to explain to my kids that there isn't a pool after all. The instant I get back up to the 3rd floor and open the door you can clearly see from the hallway that there is in fact NO pull out sofa and therefore not enough room for us. So yet again I leave everyone in the hallway and go back downstairs. I explain to her that this is NOT the room we reserved and that there isn't enough room. She said that this is the only double queen that they had available. I ask her for a king room with a pullout sofa plus a rollaway bed. After 10 minutes of telling her that no one had touched their bathroom in the room that my family was still standing in a hallway she finallly gave us a king room on the 4th floor. So I go back to the 3rd floor and help my husband get all the luggage back together and haul it to the 4th floor. Our room is located right by the elevator. Yet again our keys do not work. By this time every one is irritated, hungry and ready for this mess to be over. I go back down stairs and get the keys activated. She said that she would have our rollaway bed waiting for us when we got back from dinner. We get everything in our room and go to dinner. When we get back our rollaway bed is in the lobby where the lady and the man coming on shift (Roy, I think) are talking. She points to it and says here you are. So being that there are two of them there you would think that one would have enough customer service installed in them to volunteer to bring it to the room for us. NOPE, they do not. So my huband is carrying our 7 yr old that is passed out and I am carrying our 3 yr old that is passed and my 16 yr old daughter is carry our to go boxes and we get a "here you go". So I pass our 3 yr old off to my daughter (waking him up and making for a long night) and get the rollaway bed. We get it up to the room and are shocked to see that it is tied together will a plastic grocery store bag. So we finally get that torn apart and pull out the sofa bed. Given that we had a room with a sofa bed you would think that there would be a blanket and a pillow for it, no there wasn't. We have to go back downstairs yet again to get that. We finally get everyone laid down and sleeping and notice it is getting warm in the room. We turn down the air for it to just kick off about two minutes later. It says the fan is on, but it isn't running. I check my account and realize that they have authorized $20.00 more than what the agreed price is. I go downstairs and speak with the guy that is now at the front desk. He said that it is just something they do. That is it. That was my explanation for why there was an additional charge. I tell him that I want to cancel my 2nd night at their hotel and he says okay. He NEVER once asked why, if there was something he do could, nothing. He just said okay. I asked for a receipt showing the cancelation and he said you will get it tomorrow. While I am standing there stunned at his lack of EVERYTHING an older couple probably in their 70's comes to the desk and asks about a restaurant. He says and I quote "never ate there, but you can google it in the business center" and walks to the back. They walk into the business center and just look at the computer as if the poor dears had no clue how to use it. I asked them if they needed help and of course they did. I looked everythign up for them and helped them find a nice restaurant to go to. Well around midnight everyone was awake and having trouble sleeping due to the room being warm and the pull out sofa was extremely uncomfortable. We got up the next morning and went down to eat our warm breakfast. That was a joke. Five people were standing around for about 8 - 10 minutes waiting on sausage and eggs that you can tell were in a covered container. When she brings out the microwaved sausage she says that she will be right back with the eggs. When she brings them out she says you have to microwave them for 45 seconds....so much for warm breakfast. We all did seem to bond over our Wingate experience or lack there of while waiting even longer for waffle batter. By this time all of us a overly ready to get out of that hotel and not look back. I had to wait forever to check out because a lady ahead of me had had an equally bad experience and was demanding to see the general manager. Do NOT waste your money no matter how cheap the rates are.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

This Wingate is a nice hotel, in a location convenient to many stores and restaurants. It is located off a side street, so it's a lot quieter than if located on the main road. The staff were extra friendly and helpful, and our room was great. They have a manager's reception on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. They have a better-than-average breakfast every morning. In the afternoon, they put out fresh baked cookies, although these go pretty fast. I have no complaints about this facility, and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Stone Mountain, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Our room was just beautiful. The bed was so comfortable. The bathroom was as nice as it could be. The towels were plush. The jacuzzi was very nice. The breakfast bar had hot food and do-it-yourself waffles. I just like the waffles. We live in the metro Atlanta area and we just needed a break. We chose this hotel for a one night stay on a Saturday night. We wish we could have stayed longer. My husband said he felt like we went on vacation and we were only gone one night. I will go back again in the future. It is in a great area. It is convenient to many different types of restaurants, shopping and movie theaters.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Algonquin, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

This was a great stay! Our family really enjoyed it. We had smoking room at first, but they quickly changed it to non-smoking, and the rooms were nice and spacious. The service was great, and the continental breakfast went above and beyond what they usually serve at them.
Highly recommend it here!

• Liked — Cleanliness, spacious, service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

This hotel provided us with the most unique experience we have ever had. We booked two rooms at the hotel for one night and got an excellent rate of $99.per room. Upon check-in, a rather unpleasant clerk attempted to charge $199 per night for each room. Not being able to locate a copy of the reservation, we went back and forth about the price until he actually charged us $90 per room for the night. However, during the time it took to get this surly man to listen to any explanation, a number of guests and employees walked through the lobby and visited the check in area. It was quite embarrassing as this man did his absolute best to embarrass us and make us feel that we were attemping to "get something over on him" as well as the hotel. We also could not understand why the hotel refused to honor their own on line rate. He claimed the hotel never had such a low rate on line or elsewhere. Finally, finally we received our keys and within ten minutes we located our copy of the reservation and brought it down to the unpleasant clerk, who upon being confronted suddenly changed his attitude and demeanor saying, "see you got the rooms even cheaper." Nice attitude, particularly when we asked to have one of the rooms changed because the carpeting was absolutely filthy and there was no chairs in the room. He said the hotel was renovating rooms and many of the chairs were being reupholistered. He gave us a key to another room and told us to see if we liked that one. Upon inspection, that room was in no better condition nor were there any chairs. A truly sad situation all the way around and definitely not an experience we wish to repeat. The only think worth discussing is the hotel's accessibility to the interstate which is excellent.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta? Share your experiences!