“Best Hotel on our Road Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 Kingswood Place, Alpharetta, GA 30004   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Houston, Texas
“Best Hotel on our Road Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were able to get a very good rate for a three night stay at the Wingate. It turned out that this was a very nice place to stay. It met our basic criteria of refrigerator, microwave, free in room WiFi and free breakfast. To start with there was a very good breakfast that included hot items like waffles, omelets and bacon or sausage. Although the omelets were of the mass produced and frozen variety, they were quite good. Our room was of a good size and the sleeping was great. I think this place caters to business travelers, so you have to be careful about rates. My wife is a good negotiator, so we got the cheap rate even for a Sunday night which is normally quite expensive. If we can get a good rate again in the future, we would surely stay here again. It was very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lineberry, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
It is so much fun to get to travel over the holidays, and we here at the Wingate are proud that we were your favorite hotel on your road trip. We do our best to provide our guests with all the complimentary amenities that travelers have come to expect at a great price. Rest assured that if you are going to be returning to Alpharetta we will do the same for you again and again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for a youth ministry conference held nearby. They gave attendees an outstanding rate, and the hotel was wonderful. Rooms had a refrigerator. Very clean, very comfortable. Check in was simple, and splitting room costs was no problem. Free wi-fi, too.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be okay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
All of our staff really enjoyed having your group here for the youth minestry conference. What an outstanding group of young people! We are pleased to hear that you all had a great stay with us. I hope the next conference sends you back our way so we can give you another great rate and superior customer service.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I typically stay at the Wingate in Buckhead/Atlanta, but needed to stay at this location for a client visit. I was greeted by an extremely friendly employee. I will say their attitude is fabulous. The hotel seems a little older than other Wingates I am familiar with and I was told they are each independenty operated. While the guest rooms didn't have hardwood floors (I love that!!), the room was clean and the bed was comfy. The breakfast is a nice touch! The location is easily accessible to many highways, and there are quite a few dining options (for every budget) nearby. If I need to stay in the area again, I wouldn't hesistate to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad that your travel plans brought you to our Alpharetta Wingate. I would like to thank you for being loyal to the Wingate brand. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are very fortunate to have a really great staff and I will share your review with the entire team. I hope to get to come to Alpharetta again soon so we can provide you with another execllent stay.
Allegan, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was great! I was a little wary because we got such a great rate on it...but you shouldnt be! It was very clean and very nice! The hotel staff were all very great and nice. There was one night staff member who talked on her cell phone alot but oh well, I guess thats what you do when you're on the night shift! Cady was very nice and welcoming also full of info! The location is nice, it is not in the prime of everything but thats nice not to have to deal with all the traffic,etc. Is only like 15 mins away from ATL if you're there visiting its a quick drive to anywhere. Doesnt have a pool, but we wouldnt have had the time to enjoy it anyways! The breakfast every morning is a nice perk! I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again!!!!

We actually were there in April of 2011 but it wouldnt let me select back that far!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I like to print our reviews and post them in the staff break room so that everyone can see what our guests think about our property. This will be a great one and I'm sure Cady will really enjoy the special recognition. If you ever get the chance to stay with us again we do have an agreement with the local Fairfied inn so that our guests may use their pool. We also provide transportation during the week. We hope to see you again soon.
South Haven, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Spent three nights here and it was very good. King bed suite - which gave lots of room. Fair amount of furniture, but plenty of room. Lots of lighting.

Bed was very comfortable, mid size pillows, but nice. Sofa and soft chair - sofa was a bit hard, but chair was nice for reading. Computer desk and comfy chair - outlet on desk lamp which was nice. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, large closet, dresser, nice size television.

Switch by bed to turn off two lights, a very nice touch!

Bath was good size and shower good and hot. Towels were nicer than some other chains, softer.

A pole lamp was not working when I arrived - maintenance had it fixed quickly - very pleased by that.

The breakfast room was busy, not too large. Juice and pastries as usual. Nice selection of fruit, yogurts and bottled water. Make your own waffles. An egg omelet (cheese inside) - but you needed to warm them up in the microwave. Not great. Sausage patties 2 of the mornings were over cooked. The bacon on Sunday was good.

Small indoor spa - nice, but often crowded at night.

Good location - price was a fair deal.

Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are on the back - a bit quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lineberry, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed review. I hope that the information you provided will assist other guests in making their hotel choice. We will work to make some of the small improvements to make each guest's stay even more enjoyable. I hope you get the opportunity to stay with us agin soon.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta? Share your experiences!