“Great Italian in an Easy Location” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #2 of 412 restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Milton, Georgia
“Great Italian in an Easy Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Visited Zola again since my last review in March. Consistently solid service, atmosphere, and food. Scallops special was great, as was the angel hair and beet salad. Wait staff is attentive and helpful. Easy access on corner of Route 9 and Bethany Bend in Alpharetta. Try it. You'll like it. If this review was helpful to you then please click on the green box below.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Zola is the little place you find that makes you say "wow." Attentive service that is proud of what they do, large portions, but most importantly amazingly flavorful, fresh food. It is a great blend of traditional but with a twist of unusual. Very nice. So far above a chain experience and one of the best Italian places on the far north side.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Big Canoe, Georgia
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to this small Italian Restaurant prior to going to a play in Atlanta. This cozy venue was perfect in every respect. Great service, nice menu, all fresh ingredients and reasonably priced.
Ceasar salad was done nicely with anchovies upon request. Veal piccata was generous and served with great mashed potatoes and perfectly done green beans.My wife had a shrimp and pasta dish that was delicious. It's funny how often we've passed this restaurant on my way into Alpharetta, but no more. We'll be going back soon.

• Visited July 2013
Cumming, Georgia
“great place to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 49th anniversary today. Forty-nine years ago we were married at 4 pm and went to our favorite Italian restaurant in Fort Doge Iowa called Tony's.

Tonight we wanted something just as special. We remembered our trips to Zola's before and realized that it was even better than Tony's had been. We decided to go there tonight to celebrate our anniversary.

From our previous experiences here is what made us decide to chose this Bistro for our celebration this year. First, the staff has always been very friendly and attentive. In fact, it is almost like you are one of the family. The Bistro has a small friendly atmosphere which is punctuated by the way the staff works to make certain that everything is the way you want it. Another aspect of this restaurant that we like is that there are no "out of the box" dishes here. Everything is made from scratch. Need a change, no problem. My wife is gluten and lactose intolerant. They have always worked with her a to make sure everything was just fine. It is clear that they care deeply about the customer's needs and desires. Finally is the food. What can I say. It is always beyond comparison. As we finished our meal tonight I was trying with my wife to think of a word that would describe the quality of the food and all I could think of was elegant. I know that is not a word that would normally be use to describe food, but all of the other words just didn't seem to go far enough in describing it. Tasty - yes, done to perfection - yes quality -yes, fresh - yes but then it went beyond that to be more. The angle hair pasta and meat sauce is like nothing around the area. The salmon my wife had was as she described it, "unbelievable." The way in which the sides are put together with the main dish is incredible. I had the halibut with a side of angle hair and broccoli. the broccoli was also seasoned extremely well and had flavors that merged with the sauce on the fish to make a total dish that had a harmony of taste I have not experienced before.

So you might say that I like this place. Craig has been our waiter several times and he is excellent. However, it is not as if you have a waiter, everyone there is ready to do what is necessary. I highly recommend you try this restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Don't let the size fool you, you will receive some of the best food you can ever find and some of the most friendly staff I have ever had. Thanks to the staff for making our 49th anniversary as special as the wedding day.

• Visited June 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“The best Italian food in Alpharetta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I always come to Zola for special lunch days with my mom and I am never disappointed! This restaurant is always the highlight of my day whenever I go. Zola has a relaxing environment with exciting, flavorful selections! The servers are also welcoming and diligent with their work. Perfect place for any lover of Italian food.

• Visited January 2013