“Good Option for Southern Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Milton's Cuisine & Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 413 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Birmingham Hwy
“Good Option for Southern Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Milton's on a Saturday night with friends. I used Open Table to secure reservations and we were seated promptly upon arriving. The setting is neat--an old farm house. The staff was knowledgable about the history of the house. We ate in the farmer's bedroom and there was a lovely fire in the fireplace.

The food was very good. My husband and I shared two appetizers--the friend green tomatoes and the goat cheese fritters. Both were excellent. My husband had a steak and I had the vegetable plate. Both were good choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guido P, Director of Operations at Milton's Cuisine & Cocktails, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Read your great review of Milton's and we're counting on you to come back again soon!
Thank you for the positive feedback.
I enjoy reading each and every review, and particularly appreciate the ones that are as kind as your's!

Guido Piccinni, Director of Operations

Canton
“Incredible food but be wallet prepared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are some truly outstanding eateries on the north side of Atlanta and Miltons is one of them. I, my wife and two friends ate there for New Years Eve and we all had different meals. Each was spot on from seasoning to preparation to service in a nice, casual atmosphere. No negatives with the product, but, the other restaurants within their category charge maybe 40 to 50 percent less for the same fare. As I said, it was great. But how could it be otherwise when paying $110 each including tip?

• Visited December 2012
Hoschton, Georgia
“High Quality Food and Professional Wait Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We met friends for dinner on a Saturday night...early dining...and were seated promptly. The restaurant is in an older house and the tables are spread through several rooms in the sprawling design. Near the entrance was a lively little bar with live music. We ordered sides and entrees, including a couple of dishes from the daily special menu. The menu was big and diverse with plenty of options for all types of eaters. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive, but not intrusive as we dined at a leisurely pace. The food was tasty, though not bold. Overall, this was a super choice for dinner...sort of comfortable feeling, not exciting. Great choice for the area!

Big Canoe
“Great Place for our Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wife and I went last night for our Anniversary last night. This was our 2nd visit, so we knew it would be good - and it was great! I mentioned in Open Table that it was our anniversary, and our waiter (Brian) acknowledged it when he greated us. Nothing special on our table - which was fine - but we did get a free dessert to share. Good drink selection and excellent food choices. We both ordered items from the special menu, and both entrees were great.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We dined at Milton's to Celebrate my husband's birthday. What a great experience! We were greeted with a smile when we entered and the hostess immediately acknolwedged that it was my husband's birthday. (I had let them know when making the reservation) she also honored our request for a more private table and seated us in a separate room by the fireplace which we had all to ourselves for 90% of our meal. We had a very quiet meal and the food was excellent. We chose to drink beer and did not try any of the cocktails but for reference, many of them contain bourbon and gin. They are also fairly pricey at $12 a cocktail. Our server was quiet at first but warmed up as the meal progressed. I had the crab bisque as my appetizer and it was VERY good. It was some of the best that I have had. My husband had the beet salad and he enjoyed it. For dinner, I had the fried chicken breast. The chicken and green beans were excellent. The mashed potatoes were not the best that I have had, but they were tasty. My husband had the espresso crusted pork and was very pleased with his meal. They brought out a piece of amazing carrot cake with a candle to celebrate my husband's birthday. It is aways a nice touch when a restaurant will do this. All in all, it was a great expereince and we will definitely be going back!