“New Mexican Restaurant Favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“New Mexican Restaurant Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

They had half of a star for about 10 minutes. When I walked in, it was crowded so I just took a seat at the bar. I actually counted how many minutes it took before I was even greeted (7). I put my phone and hands down on the bar and there was some sort of sticky liquid all over the place.

Finally, the person behind the bar, who had been running around the whole time, greeted me and served me a beverage and hustled out some chips....but she never gave me a napkin which was irritating, especially when trying to haul salsa into my mouth.

After she brought me the menu, things turned around completely. She was super-attentive and friendly without being overbearing. The food was delivered in a timely manner and served piping hot. I had the Brisket Burrito and it was very delicious; and they didn't skimp a bit on the beef. She mentioned that they prepare their brisket in house and don't get it from freaking Sysco.

The price was great, especially considering the quality and quantity of food.

I was literally 30 seconds from walking out..of course I would have called for the manager first to give him/her my feedback. But, I'm glad I waited. I'm just going to chalk it up to a rush and the newness of the staff. I'll definitely be returning!

• Visited December 2013