“no rush to "turn the tables" at this place !” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinny's on Windward is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 418 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Deerfield Parkway/Westside Drive
Fort Lauderdale,Florida
“no rush to "turn the tables" at this place !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I met a friend here for lunch while in town to see some family. We arrived right at noon, and the place was packed. the hostess asks if we had reservations, and we replied no. no problem, she smiled,and said "follow me!" Yes,it is rather loud,as seems to be the trend,and yes, the tables are quite close together. That being said, our server was outstanding.He answered our questions honestly,was super attentive, and handled everything with a totally professional manner. We split the pear and arugula salad, and the prosutto, spinach,and cheese pizza. The salad was split and plated for us...really appreciated the time it took to do that inspite of the fact that the place was so full. The warm goat cheese on top was perfect! Pizza arrived just as we finished the salads...the house Pino was delicious! We split the creme brûlée,which I felt was the weakest of our selections...it was baked, cut in squares,and topped with a brittle thin wafer instead of torched..." cookie" was a tad stale.
What impressed me most, is that we were never rushed, and lingered,catching up, for 1 hr,45 min.I would return here for that fact alone! Well Done!

St. Paul
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loud & Pasta Hard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was extremely loud. Designed that way with no sound muffling. I got the special and I don't think the pasta was cooked completely. Had very hard centers. To get more people in, they place a plant on the table between you and the additional people they add to your table. That was also a bit odd. Was not the great place that was recommended to us.

Visited August 2012
Boston
“I used to love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The first few times I went I loved this place. Interesting food and atmostphere. Recently the quality has not been up to what I've experienced in the past, but still probably the best italian in the immediate area.

Visited June 2012
Canton, Georgia
“Our Favorite Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The food at Vinny's is consistently excellent, and the service is always great. To deal with the noise levels, in our reservation request we always ask for a table in the "wings" (the side sections, which have lower ceilings and are somewhat enclosed). It can sometimes be difficult to hold a conversation, but the food and service always make up for that!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“There's a reason this place is still around...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

consistantly good food! Pretty restaurant with great staff

Visited January 2012