“Excellent Seafood and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Excellent Seafood and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

When in the Roswell area, I always go to Pappadeaux in Alpharetta. In fact, during the week we went twice! Had the same server...remembered me from earlier in the week. Amazing since she likely served a couple hundred people over the past 4 days. Catfish Opelousas was fantastic...blackened catfish with shrimp and crab topping. Excellent gulf coast oysters at a very good price. Never dissatisfied at this place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Excellent Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great food...great service! It was so packed on Sunday they ran out of plates and food --but the food is so good I didn't mind waiting! Everything was really fresh and prepared with just the right flavor!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wait, Wait, and Wait Some More”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I called ahead and was told that there was a 20-30 minute wait for a party of 2 to be seated. Five minutes later when we arrived, I checked in and was told that the wait would be 30-40 minutes. Since this is one of my favorite restaurants, I was willing to wait. Unfortunately the entire interior was packed so we had to wait outside in the cold. 65 minutes later, I went to check on the wait and I was quickly told that there were still 10 people ahead of me. Then the staff member, turned from me and walked away. It was frantic in the front of the house, even kitchen staff were trying to handle customer demand in the front of the house. After 95 minutes, my husband and I decided to leave and make reservations at Fleming's in Dunwoody. We had an excellent experience there.

It was clear that the wait staff must have just miscalculated or lied about wait times. When 30-40 minutes turns into 95 (and still waiting), something has gone wrong. Like I said before, this WAS one of my favorite places to eat, but service is important to me. I will not be returning here, They have lost me as a customer.

Massachusetts
“Visited Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen on a recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were visiting Alpharetta Georgia before heading to Florida when the desk clerk at our hotel
recommended Pappadeaux Seafood. After arriving on a Thursday night, we were seated immediately. I had grilled mahi mahi which turned out to be a very tasty huge portion that I couldn't finish because there was so much. My wife had grouper which she enjoyed. The service was excellent with the waiter being very attentive to our needs. The price for the dinner was around $85.00 so with the tip $100.00. I am sure it is very busy on the weekends. We would also recommend this restaurant provided you are not worried about the price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“So good and so much food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The only thing not to like about Pappadeaux is the price -- it is a bit pricey, but, for a special occasion, worth it. We came away with plenty of leftovers. Any shrimp dish is excellent, and, if you like calamari, feta cheese, artichokes and banana peppers, ask for the Mediterranean calamari, which is not on the menu. Beware, however, that it easily serves four. In the past, there has always been an abundance of wait staff, but this time they seemed to be short-handed. We weren't in a hurry, so it was not an issue.

Visited December 2013