“Excellent Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went for a late dinner with my husband. We were given the option of sitting at a table or a booth at the bar. We chose to sit at the bar. Our drink order was taken quickly. Our appetizers came quickly also. I had the seafood gumbo (delicious) and my husband had shrimp cocktail (fresh). Our entrees shrimp and grits and fillet with Caribbean lobster tail. Well it was a late and there was no Caribbean lobster tails prepped, but it was no problem. They substituted a rock lobster tail until the Caribbean could be prepped and served. Both were fresh, meaty, and perfectly prepared! We ended the night with a banana pudding. Everything was great from service to food to atmosphere. The leftovers were great the day after.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Nice and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I really enjoyed eating here with my colleagues! We had such a great time and we got a great deal on Oyster appetizers and our drinks felt like they were of decent pour. The food was really nice and we walked out with a $250 bill including tip for four men with cocktails! Not too shabby! Our server was great and took terrific care of us. So fun!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, TN
“Scallops!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been fans of all of the Pappas restaurants since we lived in Houston years ago and are very glad to have a Pappadeaux in the Atlanta area. We recently dined there and I had some of the most perfectly seared scallops I've ever had. Scallops are easy to overcook and once they are overcooked they are tough. These had good color and were tender and succulent. I was in scallop heaven. They were also pretty small and a bit pricey but they were really delicious.

I also enjoyed the crab fingers which is something I always get at Pappadeaux. They were NOT on the menu but I mentioned it to our server and he said that they were still available so I ordered them. They are always good!

Pappadeaux and Pappasitos (same exit) are always busy and this particular evening was no different. We did have a short wait for a table and then the service was a little slow but to be fair, our server had 2 large tables that were seated at the same time. We've been going to these to restaurants often enough that we know that the meal is going to take a little longer than at the average franchise type of restaurant so we just plan for it and enjoy our meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Georgia
“Slow Service, luke warm food, not so good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pappadeux missed the mark in Alpharetta. Took wife for birthday dinner Feb 20. Service was very slow. Food was good, but not up to par with other Pappadeux restaurants we have visited. Food was not as spicey and was warm, not hot. Don't know what happened to this one....

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Great Variety of Seafood Favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to this location of Pappadeaux's since they opened about 10 years ago. We have been here over 50 times and they never disappoint. Great food, decent prices and fun atmosphere. We like the variety of seafood items on both the lunch and dinner menus and it has one of the best oyster bars in the area. Around February they have specials on boiled crawfish with corn and potatoes.

Visited February 2013