“Expected more” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cabernet Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 418 restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: GA 400
“Expected more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice dinner at Cabernet, but something was missing.... The food was good, but not exceptional. The service was ok, but the people serving were just going through the motions - a little more personalization would have gone a long way.

Not sure Ill be back - the prices are high for the quality. The salad my date has was wilted, my salad was sopping in dressing. Lots of garlic in the food also.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Memphis, Tennessee
“Be Forewarned...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Be forewarned out-of-towners: This place is principally designed for smokers. A large glassed-in bar/lounge encompasses 1/3 of the floor space. An abundant amount of cigar and cigarette smoking by the regular patrons. There is NO non-smoking bar/lounge area. As for the dining room...the acute nose will smell the smoke. The food and wine were good, not Capital Grille good. Service was above par. However, my entire party of five were put off by the smoking. They were not pleased to be traveling in smoke-infused suits for two more days.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Underrated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place for lunch. Quiet and great food. You have to try the shaved prime rib sandwich as it's terrific. Dinner is nice and they have a cigar bar closed off from the restaurant.

Visited July 2013
“General Manager insulted one of my guests. Bad Judgement.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

General Manager made a poor decision and completely ruined our dining experience. I was told the food was good from some members of my party, however I only got a couple of bites before one of my guests were insulted.

I am local and was imbarrested at the way he was treated after we were seated and ordered. I will not be back, there are many other restaurants in Alpharetta that you can get great food, great service and a wonderful dining experience.

I waited 36 hours to make the post because I wanted to calm down before I shared my experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good - steaks cooked very well. The waiter was nice, but didn't listen to our orders very well. He did mix up a bit, but nothing serious. I have a food allergy and he was knowledgable and was able to give me options. He also had a very nice anniversary dessert made for us - a flour less chocolate cake - fantastic!

Visited June 2013