“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta)

You added Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta) to your Saves list
Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta)
860 McFarland Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004   |
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Dallas, Texas
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

I've been here for a month now and would list the pros and cons. First, for the price it's not a bad deal compared to other extended stay hotels. It's in sort od a rural location so there's no pedestrian traffic that can sometimes include some bad elements. The hotel staff is, in general, nice. The cons though, and why I give only three stars, is that they charge extra for everything. Also, in my basic agreement I was supposed to have my room cleaned every other week, which they have NOT done at ALL! I'm basically on my own in that respect. That does bother me. I guess it's about taking the good with the bad. I complained about this and the response was that their was broke, although I see the cleaning person working every day, just not my room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta), responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly; however, we are sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned as often as you would have liked. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Value Place location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Alpharetta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

Our experience at the Value Place Alpharetta was outstanding. Velma at the front desk was remarkable. Our room was clean, and the sense of safety was invaluable considering I had to leave my wife there daily during our two-week business visit. If you are looking for fluff, this is not the place for you. But if it's simple value, with cleanliness and safety, then Value Place Alpharetta is where you want to stay when visiting North Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Value Place

Thank you for your feedback! We really try to provide a clean, safe and friendly environment for all of our guests and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct - we are a no frills hotel, but most of our guests find that we offer just what they need at a price they can afford. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have given it a 5 star. I think it is good value for the money.302 a week and 10 for the internet and it works very good.If you are looking for fancy well this is not it. If you are looking for a clean place and a place to sleep this is it for a very fair price. Try getting on closer to Atlanta and pay 1800 a month or more. I have had no noise problems but that just depends on many things. Three complaints and you are removed by the police according to managers. I plan n staying here 3 months.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta), responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to provide the best experience possible for our guests at the most reasonable rate. I hope that you will continue to think of Value Place on your travels.
Cumming, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

$289 a week. But then after tax and everything else it is $330. Oh wait but you don't have internet. Tack on another $10.
$340 for a week? Value Place my a...

The front desk person is usually not there. Every door has a lock on it. Good luck if you lose a key.

The room was clean. That is a plus for extended stay places in the Atlanta area. Everyone that I met that was staying here was nice, polite, and professional. The employees were nice too.

My biggest complaints other than the price was the walls are paper thin. For a new, nicer place why did they skimp on the walls? Then there is the bed. It is 4 legs with a metal grate and then they slap a mattress on that. It is uncomfortable, it squeaks, and moves around too easily.

Room Tip: Don't lose your card. Make sure to bring your own cooking utensils unless you want to buy theirs...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta), responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and our kind staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that you experienced some noise disturbance during your stay and were not satisfied with the overall quality of your mattress. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I travel to Alpharetta frequently and wish I had found this hotel earlier. Three words; clean, safe and comfortable. Is an excellent choice for business travel. The internet speed is very fast. I was on the second floor and had very little noise from upstairs. No kids running up and down the halls screaming. Didn't see any of the "rif-raf" I've come to expect at extended stay's as I got the impression from the manager he doesn't put up with it. Very close to a vast variety of restaurants your palate desires, from McDonalds to high-end Italian and steak-houses. Room didn't smell like smoke, very helpful, friendly staff. Save yourself a few dollars, you'll be surprised.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta), responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We always strive to provide an excellent stay for all our guests. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This Value Place is recently built and as you would expect is clean and modern. Rooms feature laminate flooring, full sized refrigerator, flat screen TV, 2 burner range cooktop. The laundry facility on site in also a nice amenity. The major drawback is the "residents". After 11 PM the place comes alive....arguments, yelling, door slamming and just a general disregard for common guest to guest courtesy. As a whole couldn't ask for a cleaner nicer hotel, just a select few guests/riff-raff spoil it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta), responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and the cleanliness of the room. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with your overall stay. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
na
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

It's impossible to catalog the issues with this place. A sampling:

-When we arrived, the front desk had a literal line of people making complaints about their room, including plumbing issues, non-working telephones, billing issues, and housekeeping complaints.
-The hotel refused to honor the rates quoted in their reservation despite being shown their own confirmation email.
-They were reluctant to show the room. When we got there, the room was cramped and poorly done.
- They said they were being more careful about security due to a recent 'incident.'
-The desk staff was mixed, one helpful and the other openly saying she was more focused on leaving for the day than dealing with guests.

Bottom line: don't do it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta), responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We appreciate your feedback. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; we extend our sincerest apologies. We strive to ensure every guest stay is satisfying. We take your feedback to heart and would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com? This will allow us to take the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Been to Value Place Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta)? Share your experiences!