“I enjoy this place.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Atlanta, Georgia
“I enjoy this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This was my third time here and customer service is their strong point. The food is good and the presentation is nice. Family friendly environment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

26% Recommend
Marietta, Georgia
“Subpar Buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went for lunch today, and the buffet looked good. However, when I began to eat it, I tasted poor quality. The steamed rice tasted funny. The watermelon was not sweet. Some of the food was not very hot. Everything was subpar. I decided to stop eating before I got sick. The price was too expensive for what was offered. $10.59 for lunch buffet (including tax). Ridiculous and not worth it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Not a sushi buffet I'd recommend first to a friend as it was decent, not amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I love sushi. Absolutely love sushi. I've been to several sushi places, including the Nori Nori buffet at Sandy Springs. Lobster house has a crab leg buffet for $27, which I thought was pricey considering the size of the buffet area. One area is sushi/dessert, another area has chinese dishes (stir fry, rangoons, soup - miso and hot and sour, etc), the adjacent area has a salad bar, and they have Breyer's ice cream (although I'm not certain if it's TRUE Breyer's because it only says Breyer's on the outside of the freezer box).

My first plate I got the crab legs, rangoons, and crawfish. Crawfish was decent, crab legs were great (they were nice and warm), and the rangoon was good. So all in all, first plate was good!

My second plate I decided to try the sushi since they had quite a variety. It just wasn't high quality. Presentation was great, the sushi looked appetizing, but the sushi rice on the rolls was slightly hard. I ended up not finishing the rest of the sushi that were on my plate.

Hibachi is also available upon ordering. You can choose from chicken, steak, shrimp, vegetables, and calamari. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't have scallops for hibachi, but the hibachi was tasty. The hibachi comes out with two different sauces (a mayo based sauce and a darker sauce).

At the price of $27, it just really depends on what you are looking for. If you're strictly going all out on crab legs and hibachi, then hey it's probably worth it to you. If you are expecting quality sushi from the place, your best bet is to go to Nori Nori and pay a couple extra bucks for a high quality sushi buffet with even a larger variety of food.

Oh and as far as service goes, service was great. Absolutely no complaints there.

Hope this helps.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, SC
“The best sushi deal I've ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This unassuming restaurant caught my eye as we were staying 2 doors down at the La Quinta. I walked in expecting a run-of-the mill buffet with some decent, low-priced options. WRONG! The sushi buffet (lunch under 10$, dinner @ 13$ with a $3 add for the hibachi) was unreal. They had 15 different roll selections, most the high end specialty type not to mention nigiri in 8 different varieties (salmon, yellow-fin, squid, tempura eel, regular eel, crab, shrimp, whitefish, mackerel, smoked salmon). They had 4 sushi chefs throwing out these items non-stop. Then there was the dessert bar (tasty) and the "warm bar" (excellent pork dumplings). If you want sushi and value, this is it. After 15 pieces of nigiri and sampling every roll (2 pieces each), I was stuffed. My bill would have easily topped $40 from the ala-carte menu at any other sushi house. My daughter and I ate until full, drank (non-alcoholic, although they have a full, and rather nice, bar), and with tip, we were under $25. Excellent service, and a must eat for good, inexpensive (not cheap) sushi.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Lobster House Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My family really loves going here. OK, so it's not the killer sushi at some fancy schmancy places, but it's very good sushi at a price that can't be beat. It's a sushi buffet, but so much more. Even my son who won't eat fish likes eating here. They not only have about 20 different types of sushi to choose from, but also a good hot bar with a few Chinese type stir-fry. They have a great selection of salads, soups and desserts as well as fruit. They have a hibachi also that you can add to your sushi buffet. You can also add all you can eat crab legs. And of course, the name sake item, all you can eat lobster.

Our last visit was Mother's Day. But we visit about once a month.

• Visited May 2012