“Heart Warming food on a Rainy Night” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 414 restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Milton Pkwy & Academy St - One block off Main Street
Nashville
“Heart Warming food on a Rainy Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family ate recently at La Casa, another one of those rainy evenings that we have been having. We were surprised how busy they were with all the rain, but it was well worth the effort. It was our first time to eat there, we were greeted warmly, quickly and served well by Dillon.
I started with the Arancini, which was very tasty but reminded me of Italian hush puppies, very good but maybe not so healthy. However, you can look at me and tell I'm not a picture of food health. I moved on to the Mare Chiaro which was very very good. It was a little overwhelming, but I managed to eat all the sea food. My wife and I split a Spumoni. It was a little unique to us. It was totally coated with harden chocolate, and had strawberry, rather than cherry ice cream, it was very very good, but we prefer the other better, however this was very good. My wife had the margarita pizza and was also very happy. We will go back. For those that don't like loud settings , this dinner was a little noisy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“Nice Place, Rude Waiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was very good, although slightly under salted. We got the calamari for an appetizer, which was nice and crunchy but unfortunately needed more salt. The eggplant Parmesan was good, with the only flaw of not being hot enough. It could have been better with a little more salt in the breading around he eggplant. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice, and people seemed to be having a good time. The big downfall was the impolite waiter we had. My sister and I were debating whether or not to split an eggplant Parmesan or get our own. The waiter's input was that we should split and get a small salad because it would be a too much food if we each got our own. When dinner was over and the check came, we found that they charged us for two eggplant parmesans instead of the one we split. After inquiring to the waiter, he became indignant to admit the mistake. "It was very clear that you ordered two eggplant parmesans, but I guess I'll take that off for you." He acted very stiff the rest of our time there.

Although there were a couple minor flaws in the cooking and an impolite waiter, I would still recommend going to La Casa Italian Grill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great food, waiter overbearing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wonderful food. Always consider the evening's special. Lovely renovation of the quaint old home. Waiter a little too "chatty". I really don't want to hear about life in Mother Russia.

Visited June 2013
Georgia
“Fantastic surprise dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is just off the main downtown area of Alpharetta, we found it literally by accident when the line at Pure was out the door. Greeted by Pasquale the owner who was delighted it was our first time. Very attentive service, the food was fantastic, very cozy atmosphere. Great date night dinner in a cozy setting without the chaos of a chain restaurant. I highly recommend & we will definitely be back. My ONLY downside-wish the wine list were a little more extensive.

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great find, it won't disappoint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great spot, eating outside in Atlanta at dusk. This was a new try, and I'm glad I picked it. Eat the clams appetizer for the sauce alone.....decadent! I didn't have red anything tonite, but the shrimp scampi was nicely prepared even though it was. Little less garlicky than I like. Regardless it was good. I would love personally if they had some basic Italian bread with dinner, even with their choices of cultural breads with the dinner were good. Sometimes plain is welcomed. I'd come back here...if you lived here you should eat here

Visited May 2013