Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3329 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
East Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The place was dirty needs updating. Dog poop and cigarette butts everywhere. Will never stay there again. The lobby look real nice. But beyond that it was not clean. We had planned on staying a month or so looking for a house. But I didn't want to stay there with all the stuff that was wrong with the place. There was no comfort there. We found another place that we are happy with clean and friendly. The folks there were very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Terry - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our grounds were unclean and your room did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments regarding our facilities with the team, and we are diligently working on improvements as we strive to make a better stay for all of our guests moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aan@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed at previously Extended Stays before, but this place was absolutely disgusting. My husband and I were waiting for our house rental being available (it was about 5 days) and we chose to stay here because we needed something convenient. When we got to our room, there were no towels and they were scrambling to get the kitchen together. The bedding looked like they were not changed from the previous folks. Also, the trash was not taken out by the previous folks. On some Extended Stay properties they do check the trash every 3 days but this place forces you to take it out yourself behind the building. When I had to exchange towels after the 2nd day, they stared at me like I was crazy, but gave me them anyways. With one of the previous reviews, yes you should bring your own paper towels, cleaning supplies, and dishes because you don't know where they have been. I did complete an hotel survey on behalf of the Extended Stay company and gave this property a terrible review. A couple hours after I completed my survey, my husband was called twice by the front desk manager asking if they could speak to me so she can talk to me and "change my opinion" about the property. The front desk manager called our phones again around 6 pm looking to speak with me. I didn't return her call. I felt pretty harassed at this point and was glad we were leaving the next morning.
On the outside it does look like a decent property but when you see people chain smoking outside by the pool, mobile pharmaceuticals in the back parking lot, you may want to reconsider. Just hope their corporate office takes a look at this property and clean it up properly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Kibe - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the condition and cleanliness of your room at check-in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure there is adequate staffing scheduled and daily room inspections are conducted moving forward. As well, I I am very sorry that you did not enjoy receiving calls from our staff in regards to the survey which was filled out. Please know, they were calling to see how they could correct the issues you experienced and assist in making your stay better overall.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at aan@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Hurricane, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was apprehensive about staying at this hotel due to the reviews that it received, but there was not any other rooms available anywhere we checked. When we pulled into the parking lot there were a big pile of trash out by the building next to the trash can. Upon entering the hotel it is very clean and the building is nicely kept. We Checked in on a Sunday, the full room service was scheduled for Thursday. However I was taken back by the suppose to be once a week room cleaning which did not even happen. My husband went on Saturday and told the person at the front desk. The attendant responded by "let me guess your room didn't get cleaned" and said he would put us down for Monday. My husband agreed and yet we waited. On Monday no one showed up, we are on day 8 with nothing done to our room or even an explanation to why housekeeping has not been done. We stayed in room 228 which is next to the stairs on the inside of the building and street view on the other, the door to the stairs slammed shut very often. The street noise is not that loud considering it is a very busy street. I do find it odd that if I want to exchange towels, replenish soap,toilet paper or trash bags I had to make a trip to the front desk to get them myself. Once this week I have exchanged my dirty linen for clean and the clean thatI received was not even folded. The man who gave me clean towels did apologize for them not being folded and I told him that was fine I was just happy to have clean towels. The customers are responsible for taking out their own trash to the out-side of the building. I'm assuming this is the reason for the pile of trash when we arrived. The breakfast that is offered on the web page is nothing more than either an apple or orange, a peanut-butter oatmeal bar, instant oatmeal (no microwave to heat the provided water), a mini-muffin and coffee or tea bag. There is nothing fancy received at this hotel and it is not for someone who would use it as a vacation spot or expect customer service because you will not receive it. I have paid $85 a night and a non-long term hotel and received clean towels, my beds made and toilet paper without having to beg or do it myself. I would suggest if you stay here bring paper towels, basic cleaning supplies, dish soap and air refreshing items. Our bathroom has taken on a musky smell which was not noticed of the first 5 days.
Located right off GA-400
- Clean building (no room service although offered but not received as promised)
- Fitness center which is basic but good
- Grab & go breakfast (packaged oatmeal, cereal bars, muffins, coffee, juice)
- (1) Elevator, 3 floors
- Suites with full kitchen (sink, full size fridge, 2-burner stove, dishwasher)
- 100% non-smoking
- Free parking
- Free Internet with option to upgrade speed for a fee
- Pool is clean

Room Tip: room 228 is good for kids on an end wing. bring cleaning supplies, you have to get your own clean to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Danyail - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our services and amenities were not clearly described to you during the time of your reservation or at check-in. In response to your feedback, I am working with the front desk team do make sure each guest and reservation call received have a more clear understanding on all that we have to offer and how our services are scheduled. Still, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room overall with the fully-equipped kitchen as well as our free WiFi, free parking and the pool.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at aan@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pros:

- Right off GA-400
- Clean throughout
- Fitness center (treadmill, bicycle, climber, w/ some space for plyo)
- Grab & go breakfast (packaged oatmeal, cereal bars, muffins, coffee, juice)
- (1) Elevator
- 3 floors
- Suites with full kitchen (sink, full size fridge, 2-burner stove, dishwasher)
- 100% non-smoking
- Free parking
- Free internet
- Pool
- Right next to a Shell gas station w/ Burger King and Waffle House
- Late check-in
- Right next to another Extended Stay - North Point West (formerly a Studio Plus)
- 3 miles from neighborhood Walmart

Cons:

- No water in fitness center

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your experience at our hotel. I'm pleased to hear we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area! Thanks again!
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found this place through Travelocity, buying two nights and finding which hotel it was only after paying. It was a great deal. We were apprehensive after reading some reviews, but our experience was completely satisfactory. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the entire place was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was as good or better than Days Inn or equivalent. The location was convenient to family in the area, to major highways and local shopping. Despite being close to high traffic areas, the room was quiet. No complaints at all - I would stay here again paying a higher rate.

Room Tip: We were overlooking the pool, which is away from the street. That may have helped make it quieter.
Cunning, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week while we were waiting for our temporary housing to be ready. We got there at 5 pm expecting to get checked right in. Wrong. There was another gentleman ahead of us that had been waiting for 2 hours. They told us 20 minutes more at 5:20. We finally got in our room at 6:30. Two other people came in while we were waiting and their rooms weren't ready either. It was obvious they are getting them ready as the people showed up. Totally unacceptable!
We went with this place because it said 1 bedroom. Do not be fooled. There is a small kitchenette, couch, recliner & tv and a bed with 2 night stands. I have always been under the impression that a bedroom meant a wall inbetween the 2 rooms! We also had to get a sheet to put on the couch before sitting on it because it was so nasty. When my husband got the sheet the front desk person said they knew some were pretty bad but hadn't gotten around to replacing them yet!
Shower water backed up to your ankles which is just gross. My husband dug out a handful of hair in order to clean it out. The cleaning staff had to notice this while cleaning the bathtub wouldn't you think?

Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this property through a Priceline Express Deal (which has always done me very well), but this property was definitely a disappointment. The long-term social services residents were no problem at all, quite to the contrary; they were friendly, polite and welcoming. I was, however, taken back by the once a week room cleaning. While interim cleaning is available, there is a fee for it. I thought it odd that if I wanted to exchange towels, replenish soap, supplies, etc., I had to make a trip to the front desk (which was always unattended) to fetch them myself. The "breakfast" is nothing more than either an apple or orange, a peanut-butter oatmeal bar, instant oatmeal (no microwave to heat the provided water that was lukewarm at best), a mini-muffin and coffee/tea. This is also the first property that I have EVER stayed at that did not provide coffee/tea 24 hours a day. Thank God for the Waffle House next door... a definite Godsend for dad and me. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The room was clean when we arrived, except for a leftover slice of pizza that was left in the microwave and had obviously been there for some time. Finally, the saddest thing of all was that the front-desk clerk who checked us in at 2am told us, "this place is a dump." No wonder there are prominently placed "HELP WANTED" signs outside the entryway. I would never recommend a property to anyone where my first contact with property staff includes a, "this place is a dump" comment.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The manner in which you were greeted upon check-in was unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have gone over your comments with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at aan@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West

Address: 3329 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Georgia > Alpharetta
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #26 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alpharetta Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alpharetta

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.