“Descent Long Term Lodging for Alpharetta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West

You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3329 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
KY
“Descent Long Term Lodging for Alpharetta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pros:

- Right off GA-400
- Clean throughout
- Fitness center (treadmill, bicycle, climber, w/ some space for plyo)
- Grab & go breakfast (packaged oatmeal, cereal bars, muffins, coffee, juice)
- (1) Elevator
- 3 floors
- Suites with full kitchen (sink, full size fridge, 2-burner stove, dishwasher)
- 100% non-smoking
- Free parking
- Free internet
- Pool
- Right next to a Shell gas station w/ Burger King and Waffle House
- Late check-in
- Right next to another Extended Stay - North Point West (formerly a Studio Plus)
- 3 miles from neighborhood Walmart

Cons:

- No water in fitness center

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your experience at our hotel. I'm pleased to hear we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found this place through Travelocity, buying two nights and finding which hotel it was only after paying. It was a great deal. We were apprehensive after reading some reviews, but our experience was completely satisfactory. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the entire place was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was as good or better than Days Inn or equivalent. The location was convenient to family in the area, to major highways and local shopping. Despite being close to high traffic areas, the room was quiet. No complaints at all - I would stay here again paying a higher rate.

Room Tip: We were overlooking the pool, which is away from the street. That may have helped make it quieter.
Cunning, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week while we were waiting for our temporary housing to be ready. We got there at 5 pm expecting to get checked right in. Wrong. There was another gentleman ahead of us that had been waiting for 2 hours. They told us 20 minutes more at 5:20. We finally got in our room at 6:30. Two other people came in while we were waiting and their rooms weren't ready either. It was obvious they are getting them ready as the people showed up. Totally unacceptable!
We went with this place because it said 1 bedroom. Do not be fooled. There is a small kitchenette, couch, recliner & tv and a bed with 2 night stands. I have always been under the impression that a bedroom meant a wall inbetween the 2 rooms! We also had to get a sheet to put on the couch before sitting on it because it was so nasty. When my husband got the sheet the front desk person said they knew some were pretty bad but hadn't gotten around to replacing them yet!
Shower water backed up to your ankles which is just gross. My husband dug out a handful of hair in order to clean it out. The cleaning staff had to notice this while cleaning the bathtub wouldn't you think?

Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this property through a Priceline Express Deal (which has always done me very well), but this property was definitely a disappointment. The long-term social services residents were no problem at all, quite to the contrary; they were friendly, polite and welcoming. I was, however, taken back by the once a week room cleaning. While interim cleaning is available, there is a fee for it. I thought it odd that if I wanted to exchange towels, replenish soap, supplies, etc., I had to make a trip to the front desk (which was always unattended) to fetch them myself. The "breakfast" is nothing more than either an apple or orange, a peanut-butter oatmeal bar, instant oatmeal (no microwave to heat the provided water that was lukewarm at best), a mini-muffin and coffee/tea. This is also the first property that I have EVER stayed at that did not provide coffee/tea 24 hours a day. Thank God for the Waffle House next door... a definite Godsend for dad and me. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The room was clean when we arrived, except for a leftover slice of pizza that was left in the microwave and had obviously been there for some time. Finally, the saddest thing of all was that the front-desk clerk who checked us in at 2am told us, "this place is a dump." No wonder there are prominently placed "HELP WANTED" signs outside the entryway. I would never recommend a property to anyone where my first contact with property staff includes a, "this place is a dump" comment.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The manner in which you were greeted upon check-in was unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have gone over your comments with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at aan@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I usually stay away from two and a half star hotels but by the time my business connection was finalize all hotel rooms in the area were booked. I stopped into the hotel at 10:30am on my way to a meeting confirming my reservation and informing them of my late, 10pm, arrival. They assured me of no problem and could not check me in at that time since it was 10;30am. I got to the hotel at 10pm and they had given my room away and sent me to another place 28 miles away. I got this hotel because it was around the corner from a 5am meeting the following day. I know these things happen but it will not be to me again at this location or chain.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

Given the nature of our business, oftentimes our guests are not certain of their check-out date when they book their reservation. We work hard to verify whether checked-in guests need to extend their departure date. However, in very rare cases such as yours, an unexpected number of guests extend their stays simultaneously and we are unable to force them to check-out, resulting in an over-booked situation. While our guarantee policy provides for the location of and payment for the first night's stay for a guest whose reservation we cannot honor, I certainly recognize what an inconvenience this can be.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed our stay thanks to desk Eugene and Angle they were sensitive to our needs friendly kind and professional..I recommend this to all travelers...this is a nice clean extended stay..they are a great staff..When staying in ALPHARETTA i will return to this hotel..

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, March 4, 2013

Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I had a long term stay here, THIS IS THE WORST EXTENED STAY I HAVE STAYED, including Chicago! The staff is so unprofessional, they dont speak to customers, because they are always pre occupied in the back room. KC has had numerous complaints from residents, including staff at burger king. I had my room cleaned 1 out of 8 times, the staff do not like to exchange towels, bedding, or give sanitary items without sneaking or having a attitude for asking, the breakfast may or may not be available in the am, but they will not offer your $5 refund, I called corp. and KC told all of the staff, (she wanted us out then after and her real bias self began to show). I own my own business, so I know how important customer service is, especially in a hotel in this area. I will never return to this location. Thanks, Annie, China, & Mr. David.

Room Tip: Try the 3rd floor, if you want sleep, for some reason they put kids whom like to jump on the second...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, January 11, 2013

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West

Address: 3329 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Georgia > Alpharetta
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alpharetta Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alpharetta

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.