“Great Value, Well Maintained” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3329 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Statesboro, Georgia
“Great Value, Well Maintained”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

For a "sleep cheap" extended stay this is a great place. You can get great values on it on Priceline if you know how to narrow the bid down to zero in on this property. The rooms are okay; Could use some new desks and chairs, but overall comfortable and workable. Front desk staff is pretty good and responsive. Breakfast is muffins, bagels, coffee. No complaints.

Room Tip: The rooms are pre-assigned. The elevator is in the front, so back wing, unless you're on ground...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had horrible experience with this hotel last week. The staff are so arrogant and non responsive.

1. They will do room service only once in a week. If you request again they will charge for it

2. They will not supply Towels properly. You have to go to frontdesk to get them. Not even Dishwashing liquids. Which is Terrible.

3. I was in a hurry to goto office and start ironing my clothes. The Iron is rusted and damaged my new shirt completely. When i report the management they replied saying "IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES". I never heard any RUDE explanation as this one.

4. All the amenities,beds,Chair ...etc are cheap ones. They say they have kitchen and utensils. The Utensils mean two cups two plates and one container if you would like to cook any thing.

5. The most Horrible thing is WIFI. I never faced this anywhere in US. It takes atleast 4 minutes to load a home page of CNN. They say free WIFI....but it will not load even google home page in 2 mins. When I complained about this they replied " This is very busy time and lot of people outside and inside are using Wifi"...What a dumb explanation.

Guys I had horrible experience with this hotel. Try to avoid this hotel. It gives you nightmares.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, July 19, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely unsuccessful in several aspects of your stay. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Crown Point, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I paid for this room on hotwire. Tried checking in at noon with the nice big hair lady. Rooms weren't available. Told her we paid for room on hotwire and she wrote our name on post it note. Well 14 hours later we got back from working all day and only person there was the laundry lady. They had no record of us. Resold our room. Stiffed us and left us with no where to go at 2 am.thank god for sites like this so people will get fair warning and not be screwed like we were. When you prepay for a room it can't be resold. Think I'm going to look into pressing charges

• Stayed June 2012
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My elderly parents and I, a paraplegic booked 2 rooms in this so-called hotel. I never encountered such a staff. The rooms we paid extra for were not available as promised. The no smoking rooms REEKED OF SMOKE. The two bed suite we booked and paid for, was only one bed and cramped. The desk clerk reassigned us two new rooms up on the 2nd floor, however, the woman sleeping in one of them was surprised to see my nephew opening her door. Glad my nephew was not shot! That clerk went home so now we had to explain everything all over again! The next room assignment was even stranger. It looked like a meth-head had trashed the room. Bed flipped up against the wall and stuff strewed all over the place. By then (almost Midnight) my 90 year old father with severe health problems was on the verge of collapse. We were forced to take the original rooms and 2 days later we were offered rooms on different floors. That was unacceptable since my dad is recovering from a stroke! If either one of them needed me in the middle of the night they would likely have trouble finding me. I called corporate after I got nowhere with the manager. We at least wanted the $60 owed to us for the suite we paid for. I’m still waiting since last week for a callback from the regional manager who I was told would take care of this mess. I have family in the area and I also have business trips to Marietta and Alpharetta. So I frequent hotels here and I have never been treated so badly or seen service as screwed up as this nightmare! Save yourself a lot of trouble and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, responded to this review, June 12, 2009
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future."
Cleveland area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

I have done a lot of travel in the last 3 years. Mostly staying at Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, and a few Wingates. This was my first stay at any kind of extended stay hotel. I am used to paying $100-$150 a night. This hotel was only $62 per night with a king size bed. I am single and traveling alone on business. If I were traveling on a budget, I think this hotel is an acceptable choice. The shower, couch, and sink are not unlike a Hampton or Holiday Inn. They provide you with soap, but I had to ask for shampoo. The bed is pretty firm / hard, I woke up probably 10 times last night... usually I only wake up once. The TV is has about 30-35 channels including SHO and SHO2. The internet connection was surprisingly reliable, but it costs $4.99 one-time fee per stay, I could tell the internet connection was capped at 512 kilobits (64 Kilobytes/sec MAX) download and 512 kilobits upload... don't plan on watching much youtube. Don't plan on eating the continental breakfast unless you like plain bagels or coffee. Kitchen was equipped with a few place settings, a microwave, and a stove (but no oven). The room cleanliness was on par with a hampton or Holiday Inn (but there was a long disgusting black hair on the top shelve of the refridgerator. By far, the worst parts about my stay would have to be 1) the super firm bed and the sheets that seem to crawl off of the mattress by the morning and 2) the baboon/gorilla/elephant of a person on the 2nd floor stomping around for 4 solid hours giving me a headache. Don't stay here unless you get a top floor. Also I had to kill a small beige spider (about half the size of a dime)crawling on the wall. The entrance on Old Milton Pkwy is one way and in order to get back to GA400 you have to do a U turn. I felt I had to get on here and write a review. This hotel was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be after reading everyone else's reviews and I think for $62 a night its a good value. However, I will be returning to Alpharetta for 1 year and I opted for a corporate apartment a few miles away and got it for $65 a night, 700 square feet.

• Liked — good value for the money
  • Disliked — People above me stomping around for hours every night
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

We usually go to Atlanta to shop, but stayed in another hotel. I searched for another hotel in the area we had planned to shop and found Extended Stay Deluxe and was so glad that I did.
I was very much suprised and pleased with the excellent service that my wife and I received, and that they even served continental breakfast, even though the room has a kitchenette.
We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2008
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Alpharetta the early part of November 2007 for business purposes. The hotel is in a decent location, as there are a lot of shops and restaurants around. But the entrance of the hotel is really tucked away and you have to be on the ball once you get off the interstate or you will miss it. Since you can only enter the parking lot from one direction, it makes turning around and getting where you're going a bit difficult. You can only turn right out of the driveway, away from the entrance ramps to the interstate as well so you have to do another loop-de-loop.

Word of caution, the parking lot is small. You may not be able to get a spot near the hotel and if you go towards the back, it dead ends. Make sure that you can execute a three-point turn before heading back there or you'll gum up the lot for others trying to leave. I got stuck waiting for two big SUVs trying to turn around.

The hotel is a basic Extended Stay, three floors tall. There's a very small lobby. The rooms are accessed through a depressing hallway that normally smells like whatever someone else had been cooking. The room is fairly typical, you enter the door and are immediately in the very small kitchenette. There is a half-size refrigerator, two-burner electric stove and a micro. The small bathroom is off the side. The main sleeping area had a queen bed (although I swear it was a full) and a dresser. I was surprised that it did not have a couch, only a recliner. There is no closet, only an open area with hangers.

The room was mostly clean, little bits in the bathroom that probably could be scrubbed a bit. The bed was uncomfortable and there were only two small, flat pillows. I brought my own travel blanket. TV worked fine and there were a bunch of channels of nothing on.

Main issue for me was the lack of internet service. I was there on business and while the site mentioned that they had internet with an additional charge for wireless, it really is just wireless or nothing. Internet service was about $5 a day, which is ridiculous in this day. There is no business center either. Why my company has this hotel on the list for us is another question.

The front desk staff were actually very nice and helpful, directing me to a local grocery store. That is the one good thing about this hotel. The only issue I had with them is that the final bill does not break down the taxes per night, instead lumping them all together. My company makes you break out the taxes per night, so I had to do some math when I got home to do my expense report.

One really good note, I was on the non-freeway side of the hotel and it was actually very quiet. I had the window cracked open the whole time and was not bothered by any noise, except the garbage truck one morning.

All in all, if you're looking for a cheap place in the area, it's not too bad but it's not too good either. I would probably try to book at the Courtyard or Hampton next time I was there on business though.

• Liked — refrigerator in room
  • Disliked — internet access charges, lighting
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West

Address: 3329 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Georgia > Alpharetta
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #26 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alpharetta Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alpharetta

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.