“The manager of this hotel rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 North Point Dr, Alpharetta, GA 30022   |
Ranked #23 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Athens GA
“The manager of this hotel rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed at the LaQuinta prior to taking the marta to the airport for a trip to WA. The staff at the LaQuinta was so nice to us! The manager, Barnett I think, made sure we had a ride from the hotel to the Marta and they were just so nice. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. I have stayed in many LaQuinta's over the years and this hotel is the best of all! I had forgotten to bring some important items and the desk staff had them! For free! And we love making walfles! Great place and lovely plants and yard around the property!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

After reading the positive reviews of this hotel I thought we might be getting a great bargain under $50 for a Saturday night stay. But this hotel needs lots of work and a good cleaning. The public areas are very worn which is OK for the price, but they are also very dirty. The rooms appeared to be clean enough, but still were questionable. We were on an upper floor and placed in a room next to someone with a dog that yipped from 11:00 PM until 1:00 AM . The hotel was nowhere near full, so it seems we could have been placed much further away from someone with a pet in their room. In summary, this appears to have been a very nice hotel at one time but until it gets refurbished and deep-cleaned, I'd pay extra for one of the many nicer hotels in the area. *Note that the pool is out of service until at least the end of May 2009.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights and was very pleased with the hotel. After reading the other reviews I was not sure what to expect but they must have done some upgrades in the last 6 months or so because we found it to be clean, well maintained and the front desk staff to be helpful. There is alot around the hotel . I would stay there again, we were lucky enough to get the "Weekend Deal" through La Quintas website.
Give it a try.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buffalo, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

I was booked into this hotel by our corporate travel planner, and I intend to tell her to cross this property off her list.

At one time, this may have been a decent place to stay, but it is now pretty run-down.

First of all, when I arrived, the person in charge of the desk couldn't find my reservation, even though I had the confirmation in my hand (complete with confirmation number).

When we finally got that straightened out, I rode up in the elevator, and I couldn't believe how disgusting it was. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The first room they gave me, the bathroom was filthy. I had to change rooms.

In the second room, the heat/AC unit was so noisy, it woke me up several times during the night. The sheets were rough and uncomfortable to sleep on. I'm no princess, but my face was actually red and irritated-looking after sleeping on these pillowcases for 2 nights.

I switched to a third room for my second night's stay, and this one had unfixed water damage on the ceiling and wall, plus a broken plug in the bathtub.

The free breakfast was nothing special. They did have waffle irons so you could make your own waffle, but other than that, they had cellophane-wrapped pastries (Otis Spunkmeyer and Sara Lee), packets of cereal, hard-boiled eggs, and perhaps toast -- I didn't stick around long, just grabbed some juice and went to a nearby restaurant.

The location is nice -- it's located close to the 400, several restaurants, and tons of retail establishments, yet quiet -- but there are plenty of other hotels in the area that are probably clean and in good working order.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

A decent hotel in boston

I booked this hotel because it seemed to be close to the North Point Mall, and it was less than a 5 min walk.

My room was large, clean and comfortable. The hotel did look a little tiered in places but the staff were helpful and was price brilliant.

The breakfast is free and I thought it was pretty good.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando, FL, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2006

We stayed there in November 2006, while looking for a house. The hotel was in good shape Our room was nice, clean and large. Great price. Close to everything, safe envionment. The front office staff was very nice and helpful. We had our dog with us, it was so nice to be able to walk around with her.
The outside grounds were in very nice. It seems like everyone there had pets. It was great to be in a very friendly, clean, hotel that loves pets.
The outside courtyard was very cozy. We were there for Thanksgiving, and all the Christmas lights were up, it felt very relaxing like home.
The free breakfast buffet had more than anyone would need for breakfast." Cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice, toast, bagels, waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, muffins, hot tea and coffee." What could you want more for your FREE Breakfast...I have stayed at many hotels and resorts,From $50.00-300.000 a night. This one was great for only 47.00 The best deal I have had in years. Thank you for a great visit.
I was sad to leave. I will definitley recomend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — pets were free
  • Disliked — no internet available, very slow...
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2006

I booked our soccer team here for two nights. Half of us checked out and changed hotels after one night. Air conditioners not working well. Rooms in poor shape. A roach on a bed. Yuck.
Only postitive is its locationis near many retail stores and restaurants. There are many nice, new chain hotels in the area to choose from- skip this one!

Stayed August 2006

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!