“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

During bad storms here a tree fell and destroyed our power box leaving us without power. This hotel was close to the mall and plenty of places to eat. Glad we stayed there. The hotel was clean and service was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was given a clean, comfortable room on the 5th floor, as I've come to expect from this chain. The walls are thick, and very effective at isolating sound. We were never bothered by noise from any other guests, despite the fact that the hotel was full (or nearly full), and the blackout curtains were good at keeping the room dark since we were out late and slept in for awhile. The area, off North Pointe Dr. and Haynes Bridge Rd., is very safe, and near a major mall and shopping center, so there are plenty of good restaurants. As a plus, there is a nice greenway about 3 blocks away to the east on Haynes Bridge Rd if you need a little exercise in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I thought that this hotel was wonderful. The room was clean, cold, and had a very cool, different shape to the room. Our room overlooked the pool on the 5th floor. The windows had great light and the ceilings were high. Very comfortable, clean, and most of all affordable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I made Elite by staying at this LaQuinta 25 nights in the last 90 days and with very few exceptions (other weird guests, their pets, etc) I have been very pleased with all aspects of this hotel. For the money you can't find a better value in this part of the N Atlanta suburbs.

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am a gold member...never offered water/pretzels upon check in....Asked front desk BEFORE given the assigned hotel room if the refrig I was paying for worked. She assured me "it did". Got into room...Upon pulling back the bed sheets, the sheets were covered with urine/bodily fluid stains. The refrigerator was COVERED inside with black mold. The Health Department would shut down this place. The second room I was moved to...I pulled back the sheets and they were COVERED, even more than the first room bed sheets, with heavy bodily fluid stains on the sheets. Looks like the sheets were NEVER changed! The room had a very bad mold stench. The floors needed badly to be stream cleaned. Battery hanging out of the radio..Checked the smoke alarm...It did not work at all. The refrig was missing the cold/warmer adjustor button. Maintenance came. He assured me the refirg would get cold but never returned with a better refrig that had a knob to adjust the temperature. The front desk never called to see if my room was ok. And I am paying for what? To be treated like this. No person staying at ANY La Quinta should ever be put into a room with bodily fluid stained sheets or should have to put up with what I did. It is disgusting and ridiculous. I will stick up for the other guests who "think" this is a good hotel and are being given horrific rooms. I have pictures to forward to the appropriate people. It is NOT ok for people to be treated this way. Funny thing is, it was never reported to the manager..at least that is what the manager said. But, this hotel is WAY BEYOND having to deal with a manager. It way bigger problems.

Room Tip: Don't go here until this place is renovated, gets trained staff and cleaned thoroughly including...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carbondale, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We checked in and immediately left to visit family. We arrived back late that evening. That is when we noticed that the bedspread had a stain on it. We folded that and then went to fold the comforter which was also stained and had multiple holes in it from what appeared to be burn holes from smokers. We opened the bed, and found what appeared to be blood stains on the bottom sheet. We turned the sheet around placing the stain on the bottom part of the bed. One of the hand towels was also stained. Assuming that housekeeping was no longer there, I waited until morning to complain. In the morning, I complained and only received excuses for why things were that way. I asked to talk to the manager but was told that the manager was out of town. I was assured that things would be fixed.

The next evening, the room had been cleaned but the replacement comforter had what appeared to be fresh blood stains on it. I complained again. Supplies had been partially replaced. The third night that we returned, the room had not been cleaned. When I asked about it, I was told that policy was that when personal items are left on the bed, nothing is done with the room. (We had left our personal pillows on the bed!) I pointed out that they were there the previous day and other motels in the area do not have such a policy. I also told them that we have stayed at lots of places and used our own pillows without such a problem. The only thing that had been taken care of this night was that we had fresh towel, but no wash clothes.

The next night, our keys would not work for entering our room. When I went to the front desk, I was asked if we had extended our stay! That would have been the last thing we would have done.

Things were messy around the entrance with a piece of paper laying the same place in the hallway during our 4-day stay. Staff appeared more interested in visiting with each other rather than doing their jobs.

Upon writing an email to the manager, a standard response was returned regarding not meeting our expectations. None of the mentioned problems were addressed. Who would want to stay here again!

Room Tip: rooms are large and bathroom's have great counter space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family