“It's the little things” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Richland, Georgia
“It's the little things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this inn rather than one I usually stayed because it was 5 miles closer to my destination. This property is near North Point Mall which is a perk. The Inn was clean and in good repair. Front desk was polite and efficient. Bed comfortable. But, it is the little things that make a great hotel rather than a good one. There was no coffee in the lobby for you to grab a quick cup. Also, no frig or microwave in my room even though there was free wifi. For the price, there should have been a microwave and refrig in the room and coffee in the lobby. When I asked the front desk, the lady indicated that only a few rooms had those perks. I will go back to the other establishment because those are standard in every room (for a lesser price) and they always have a pot of coffee for you no matter how early or late.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a room with microwave and refrig.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Although the price has been creeping up the last couple of years, I always stay here when I'm in the area for a dog show and rarely ever have a complaint. One of the nicest La Quinta's for sure... Very satisfied again, as usual.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Shalimar, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

First I want to say the staff is very friendly and I was there with my 2 large dogs....

However I want to comment on my room. When I got around to checking my room which was late at night when I was about to lay down I noticed blood on the bed skirt of the bed, and on the floor near the head of the bed.

I had a room with two beds, and looked at the other bed and there was blood on that bed skirt too.

I did ask to change rooms they were accommodating in that matter; however, I was very disgusted with the way they obviously didn't care about how clean the sheets were. Makes me wonder how often those sheets are cleaned...

Room Tip: The walls are terribly thin so you can hear everything in the halls...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stopped over here for a week on the way to Atlanta. The rooms are average sized and fairly dated looking. There is a fitness room with a single treadmill that is kinda busted ( doesn't go more than 3 miles an hour). I tried using the laundry room and found the washing machine was out of order. The general impression I get from this place is that it's pretty run down and busted. I guess the price could be worse. though.

Room Tip: the rooms on the first floor have higher ceilings, but are noisier. Your call.
Orange Park, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed 3 nights while on business but will never go back, there are numerous other places in the area to stay at. There were a lot of barking dogs even in the late night,Dog excrement in the lawn araes and the pathway, guests that were loud and intoxicated. Beer bottles laying in my hall and the maid service consisted of making the bed when I didn't. Nobody replenished the toiletries once and the coffee did not get replaced nor the towels. Nobody even attempted to vacuum or put away the ironong board. Front desk did not answer the phone it was busy for a long time then I gave up.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is the nicest pet friendly motel I have ever stayed in. Great accommodations. Great breakfast options. Even gave us a dog goody bag/poop bag when we checked in. I wish some of the guests had used them. There was fresh poop in the grass and even on the drive way. PICK IT UP GUYS. I'd like to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!