“OK hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
OKC
“OK hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here one night in March 2012. We were in Alpharetta visiting my daughter and granddaughters and this trip was part of a road trip. We had reservations to stay at The Hampton Inn & Suites on Old Morris Rd, but due to an error on my part, we weren't able to get a room there for our last night, so stayed here at the LaQunita.

We arrived about 3:25pm only to be told our room was not ready. The lady at the front desk had a bit of an attitude when I asked her when it might be ready. She said she didn't know that they were behind. This didn't sit well with me as we were tired and check in time is suppose to be 3pm. We decided to come into the lobby area and wait. We had only waited about 10-15 mins when she said our room was ready. It had been ready the whole time but the house cleaners just forgot to report that it was ready. So the front desk clerk actually went to the room and checked it and then found out it was ready.

We got in our room, a suite, and it was clean and a nice set up. The only thing I didn't care for was the vanity area was with the tub/toilet area so makes it hard when several are getting ready at once. It had a separate bedroom area with french doors, a small living area, a small area with microwave and frig. Had two flat screen TV's...once in living and bedroom.

Free breakfast was typical continental...pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. Just ok. Also offered free Wi-fi in room and in lobby. I used their computer and printer free of charge.

The location was good. We walked over to Wendys that evening. Just a short walk. And just a few blocks or so from the mall. Nice mall. Across the street to restaurants and shopping.

Of both hotels in Alpharetta that we stayed at, this would be my second choice. With Hampton Inn on Old Morris Rd being first choice. But this one wasn't bad at all. Just wish the front desk clerk was a little friendlier. I don't remember her name.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sudbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Located in an area as fake as Disneyland - next to shopping malls and highways - the hotel was, nevertheless, all that I needed. The room was big, the HD TV worked and the staff helpful. Conveniently located near food and easy navigation back to the highway. Did I mention: cheap!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor -- too noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Warner Robins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Good value for the money. This is a relatively new LQ in a quiet location, easily accessible from Hwy 400. The beds were much more comfortable than is normally found at LQ's, new 42" flat panel HD TV, good continental breakfast in the morning and easy checkout. I'd stay there again and it's a good example of the LQ chain.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fairhope, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The room was clean...bathroom had a very flimsy shower curtain that if not situated just right would get water everywhere, but otherwise ok. Conveniently located, close to shopping and restaurants.

The bill: Our reservations were made online with AAA discount. We arrived after 1am due to an emergency stop I had to make at work. I did not think to call the desk...and didn't know I needed to (I could barely keep my eyes open). The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful and polite. Upon checkout 2 days later I noticed a discrepancy in our room rate. I pointed this out, provided a copy of the email confirm. and was told it would be credited. Later , at home, I noticed that no credit had been made (2 weeks later) and there was a 3rd charge. When I called to ck on this I was informed that b/c I had not called to tell them we would arrive after midnight there was a no show chg. + the chg for staying! Supposedly this is being removed "as a courtesy". There were 2 missed opportunities to tell me about this charge, check in and check out. It was not on the bill.....are you serious?!?! Possibly the employees did not know to mention this as it was automatically generated, but they should have. Shame on La Quinta....it is doubtful I will stay at another La Quinta...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Short story - had been traveling via air since early AM to business meetings in Alpharetta. Had originally made reservations at the Extended Stay America in Alpharetta but walked out of the place when I was what type of people had populated the hotel - lots of loud obnoxious people yelling and fighting - no thanks. Took a chance and ended up 2 blocks down the street at the LQ.

Lady at the front desk was awesome - said they get people all the time who flee or leave the Extended Stay America. Got a king bedded room for 3 nights with added amenities (fridge, microwave, and oversized bathroom). Everything was above average - including great bedding, a large working area, and huge TV. Minor issues are: limited breakfast assortment, housekeeping needs to clean the edges of the room as I came across some hairs, and the room has some minor damage to the walls and one bathroom door due to rude guests.

Piece of advice if you have never been to the south: I learned what a "hick" is the hard way and if you are traveling on business, you don't want to be staying at the same place as they are loud and obnoxious - even the LQ had a few - must be the upbringing that they can't respect the need to quieter after 10pm? I don't know for sure as this was my first trip to AL.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter but is also an all-smoking floor at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SOUTHAMPTON, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were visiting family in Dunwoody and Alpharetta and needed a place to stay for 4 nights. We chose La Quinta after checking Tripadvisor reviews. We loved it! The location couldn't have been better. Our room was large and spotless. Breakfast was fine for us since we don't eat much more than cereal, juice, and coffee. The breakfast area was very comfortable with plenty of room. We had some spare time to fill and we were pleased to find that there is a large shopping mall within walking distance. This hotel is just off exit 9 of rt. 400 which was very convenient for us. Finally, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and the room rates very reasonable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed at this property about 5 months ago and it was a very nice property. Not sure what happened but on this stay there were a number of significant maintenance and housekeeping issues. Room 219 has food crumbs between the bed and nightstands, mold in the tub caulking that was coming loose, broken shower handle, the common area trash cans were overflowing, there was broken door frame on the south entrance door, a cracked column base at the South entrance, all the entry ways were dirty with leaves blown inside and tracked all down the hallway, etc. Something happened to this property since my last stay and this will probably be my last stay. Serious maintenance and housekeeping problems. Wanted to let the front desk know I was going to check out early and I could not get anyone to answer the phone or show up at the front desk. The place is a mess. New management is needed. Somebody needs to be less concerned about the budget and more concerned about properly running this place,

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!