“Totally disappointed with my accomodations!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Totally disappointed with my accomodations!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at this property for 3 nights. The staff was very nice but that didn't make up for my room! I'm not one to complain but we mentioned on the first night how bad the room smelled of mildew. Rm #135 They told me that they were going to clean the carpets but why on earth would you place people in those particular rooms if it hasn't been done yet? We didn't spend much time in our rooms because we were looking for housing (relocating to the area). After the second night the smell became stronger and I couldn't take it anymore...I have a 4 yr old so at that point I felt the room was unclean and unsafe. I called the front desk that night and asked to be moved to another room due to smell. They moved me to Rm #127 and it was like night and day. He then told me that the higher ups had visited just recently and they also complained of the smell.

I was totally shocked to think that this particular franchise would continue to book a room under these conditions! Please beware. We also had a swarm of ants in our room #127 and a dead insect on our pillow. Again, the staff was AWESOME but customer service was horrible. For the money we paid to stay there it wasn't worth it. NO apologies, no discount, NOTHING..just a rapid check out receipt. We were glad to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear YBeamon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room that you were given. I have taken note of your feedback and we'll have this forwarded to our management to consider for upgrades needed.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights. Great service, quiet, clean, nice breakfast included and really comfortable beds! No complaints...great value and several restaurants within walking distance. Book it....

• Stayed July 2013
Sidney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

After a fairly bad stay at another chain we were very pleased with our stay here. The checkin and staff were great. How great? The cleaning staff took care to place ou lr daughter's stuffed animals back on the bed as she had them after cleaning. The rooms were great, quiet, and clean. The pool was warm and cleaned daily th at ee saw and the wifi worked very well . All in all all a very good visit

• Stayed April 2013
Holiday Inn Exp... A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
All of us at the Holiday Inn Express-Alpharetta appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us. Providing above average guest satification is our highest priority and we are so glad you felt that from our team. We look forward to accomodating you when you are back in the area.

Vinny Mehta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Clean rooms, good staff, comfortable beds, business center is available at no-charge, large pool, rooms on several floors, rooms are spacious, safe area, decent free breakfast, free internet....everything a business traveller wants to a couple of nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Vinny Mehta
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Front desk staff was very friendly and aknowledge my platinum status. Room was very nice and clean. Living room with desk and sofa. Mini fridge and microwave also included. No complaints about the room. Wifi worked great with a strong signal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was easy to get to from the Atlanta Airport with under an hours drive. Hit a lot of traffic but not any different from any other city. First impression of the hotel was welcoming. Lobby was bright and clean. The agent who checked me in was friendly and swift. Hallways were bright and clean. The room was spacious and had a light pleasant smell to it. Bathroom clean, bed comfortable and I had everything I needed. Breakfast was good and fresh. The staff was very helpful with helping me with directions. Very friendly! I brought my Kindle Fire with me instead of the laptop. My first night I couldn't get on the internet but I called the help number in the room and they were great with helping me. There was plenty of shopping in the area, restaurants and plenty to do. Thank you for a nice stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff are so friendly and you can't beat the location for a shopping trip! We came in very late one night and the nice man at the desk was so considerate and even offered us a wake-up call because he knew we were gonna need it. All smiles from the staff. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell? Share your experiences!