“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Mauk, Georgia
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel is small, but nice. The inside smelled clean and looked clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room nice, bedding very nice. Enjoyed our stay tremendously and would stay again any time! Stayed in a room with King bed (had pull out love seat bed, as well). Third floor. Absolutely nothing was dirty, broken or missing that I noticed. Excellent!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Athens,tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The staff were very accomadating and courteous. We were travelling with 3 teenage grandsons. We had a king suite with a pull out couch. The staff had a rollaway bed in the room waiting for us when we got there. The room was spacious enough for all of this. Rooms were clean. The pool while not large was good depth and very clean. Nice spa as well next to pool. Fitness area with all you need and plenty of resturants nearby. The prices on the weekend make it a real value for the money. Loved it would definately return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JACKSONVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel was very clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and breakfast was plentyful. The only negative thing I can say is the evening we arrived as soon as we stepped off the elevator we were bombarded by the smell of cigarette smoke. Our room didn't reak and the smell was gone by morning. I don't know if this was a one time thing or not.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor opposite Waffle House. Room was quiet with no smell.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel rates average to me. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The breakfast seemed less than other HIE where I have stayed. The room was difficult to keep the correct temperature. I did not sleep very well. I was only there one night and will probably stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Rosebud,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you have acknowledged the services of our staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I apologize for the room temperature issues you experienced during your stay. Rest assured we will address this and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Great overall stay. Located less than 3 miles from North Point Mall. It also shares a parking lot with the famous Waffle House.
The rooms were kind of on the small side, (2 Queens room) I'm hoping that's why it smelled a little muggy after a shower or two. There was a pool, spa and business center. The room came with a fridge, coffee maker, iron + board, microwave, free wifi.... And to top it off FREE HOT BREAKFAST. I will stay here again with no doubt. Minus the muggy smell I give this place 2 thumbs UP.

• Stayed February 2012
Newville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

the hotel staff at night is friendly and more accommodating than the meaning crew. Two days in a row they had missing items from breakfast, yogurt and low fat milk. When asking if they had more we were told they ran out and the delivery didn't come. Hello, hear of a grocery store? The treadmill had a note that the speed was wrong, the water cooler was empty although there were no cups for water anyway. After working out went to the front desk and the morning desk person was sitting down watching the news, ask if they had water bottles because the fitness center was out, without moving he said you will have to see if they have water in the breakfast area otherwise I can't help you. Really, because upon check in after 4 pm, I was handed a bottle of water. I would not stay here again except work uses this as their hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked this online through a third party for a very descent rate for the suite. Upon arrival...we were pretty much already checked in...rooms keys ready and all. It took literally 3 minutes from the time we walked up to the front desk and walked away with our room keys. This was a huge PLUS for me being that we arrived at the hotel shortly before 10 p.m. and was ready for bed. Upon entrance into the lobby, it was nicely decorated and very clean. The front desk clerks were extremely helpful and very, very nice! The elevators and halls did ream the smell of smoke. It didn't bother me or any of the traveling occupants with me, but if you have allergies, this could be a serious problem. We had two rooms booked, a suite and a double queen. Both rooms were clean with updated amenities. The bed in the suite was a bit hard, but to my surprise, I did sleep decently throughout the night and did not awake with severe back and neck pain. The breakfast was pretty good, the only thing I hate about that was that it was only served until 9:30 a.m. So if you're not an early bird, this could be a problem as well. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again when returning to the area. It is literally 5 minutes if that from the Northpoint Mall, so there are tons of restaurants, stores, and a movie theatre within a great distance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell? Share your experiences!