“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked this online through a third party for a very descent rate for the suite. Upon arrival...we were pretty much already checked in...rooms keys ready and all. It took literally 3 minutes from the time we walked up to the front desk and walked away with our room keys. This was a huge PLUS for me being that we arrived at the hotel shortly before 10 p.m. and was ready for bed. Upon entrance into the lobby, it was nicely decorated and very clean. The front desk clerks were extremely helpful and very, very nice! The elevators and halls did ream the smell of smoke. It didn't bother me or any of the traveling occupants with me, but if you have allergies, this could be a serious problem. We had two rooms booked, a suite and a double queen. Both rooms were clean with updated amenities. The bed in the suite was a bit hard, but to my surprise, I did sleep decently throughout the night and did not awake with severe back and neck pain. The breakfast was pretty good, the only thing I hate about that was that it was only served until 9:30 a.m. So if you're not an early bird, this could be a problem as well. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again when returning to the area. It is literally 5 minutes if that from the Northpoint Mall, so there are tons of restaurants, stores, and a movie theatre within a great distance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ontario's Near North, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Travelling through Georgia with family. Pre-booked online and asked for suite as I was travelling with children. When I arrived I wasn't given any special consideration, considering I am a Platinum Priority Club member. Front desk reception was friendly. Room was tidy, but not spotless, and was in bad need of an update (ie. bathroom tub, sink, carpet, paint, artwork). Could hear a dog barking from a room down the hallway but did not persist. On the plus side, the price was very reasonable, the breakfast bar area was clean and well stocked, and there was plenty of free parking (just don't park in the Waffle House parking lot). Checkout girl was very friendly. Would not stay again if given the choice.

Room Tip: Put special requests in electronic booking and then call hotel to confirm items are on the computer...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The rooms are average, but nice and quiet - no traffic and in good area. The pool and hot tub are so hot it puts a chorine aroma throughout the hallway at times. Their pet policy (didn't learn until they billed me) is $50!! They didn't say anything at check in, and I was shocked to see the bill. The first front desk woman refused to refund the fee, and referred me to a manager who never showed up. The second morning front desk young lady was very helpful and nice. She removed the fee immediately. There are plenty of restaurants in the area too.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The hotel is good for budget travel. The rooms are adequately clean. The beds are a bit hard but you can still get a good night's sleep. The business center had several computers and a working printer that I saw several people using. The breakfast was pretty good also but probably not great for those one a diet. The one major negative I have about this hotel is that there is a strange smell. The elevator smells like an ash tray and although my room was non-smoking there was this funky mildew and smoke smell. Not pleasant at all. I kept spraying Lysol. The smokey smelling elevator seemed bothered the sinuses of myself and my travel companions so we took the stairs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

A clean comfortable hotel, friendly helpful staff. Ok breakfast, small pool, good restaurants in the area. You do need a rental car as shopping, sightseeing are spread out. I usually have a difficult time sleeping in hotels, slept extremely well at this property. Just enough staff to operate the hotel, breakfast person does not show up or is late the breakfast is late. 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour from Atlanta Hartsfield, $60+ one way shuttle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We were headed back to Florida & needed a place to stay outside of Atlanta so we picked this Holday Inn Express. The hotel is fine but our room was somewhat outdated. The furniture is older & the bathroom could use some updating. But it worked fine for the 3 of us and since it was July 4th, the hotel wasn't very full & we were upgraded to a suite. So I am not complaining about the room, just saying that it could us some updating. But it was clean & certainly was fine for a night. The lobby is nice & that's where the free breakfast is served - it was good too. There is also a pool indoors & a fitness center.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

We had a hard time finding a Hilton property on short notice, so ended up in this hotel. It shares a parking lot with a waffle house chain restaurant on a busy, main road. Very convenient to shopping, hwy 400, restaurants, wal-mart, movie theater.

The hotel rooms are clean. We had an issue with our first room, and had to be moved. But they handled it well. The second room was noisy only because the person above us got in very late and seemed to walk around a lot, then got up at 5am, and almost sounded like he was doing in-room jumping jacks (smile!).

My security program wouldn't let me connect to their free wi-fi - my iPhone could connect no problem...

The free breakfast is nice - pre-cooked food, yogurt, bananas, juice, cereal, coffee.
The staff was exceptionally nice.
The business center is just 2 computers and 1 broken, 1 working printer in a hallway (no door) - fie to print out boarding passes.
The indoor pool and hot tub looked nice and clean.

The exercise room was horrible, tho - really old, outdated, unsafe equipment (tremendous "slip" in the treadmills - made you feel very unstable when you walked fast, like you'd fall off - someone will get hurt) - the displays on the treadmills were broken (it showed my heart rate as 165 even tho there was no heart rate connection, very old "sears" quality equipment had a bunch of user-settings that you couldn't change, so can't see your own calories burned, etc). No towels to wipe the equipment down.

This is a cheap, lower end hotel in a convenient location - My $100/night rate seemed appropriate, although I really wish they'd buy newer equipment and add towels to the exercise room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell? Share your experiences!