“Great Bang For The buck” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12505 Cingular Way, Alpharetta, GA 30004 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Alpharetta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Bang For The buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked this based on previous review. I was slightly sceptical since I didn't know the brand. I usually only stay at Marriott brands or Hilton brands. This may be the best bang for the buck in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We are so glad you gave us a chance and happy to hear we met your expectations. We hope you will be back again in the near future. Thank you for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My stay at this hotel was great. Hotel staff was great. Rooms was nice and clean, wifi speed was great, beds were very comfortable, bathroom was very clean and had a great hot shower. Hot breakfast was great. There is renovation going on at this property but it did not affect my stay. I would recommend to all my friends ad family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you and your business. We love to hear you will not only return, but let others know about your excellent stay. We are so excited about our renovations and new brand. We look forward to seeing you back again soon. Thank you so much for your business!!
Loveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for a conference back in August. It was ranked #1 in Alpharetta. I come here about once a year for business and have stayed at a number of other hotels. I had never heard of Hotel Sierra and decided to give it a try because of the rating and the "make to order" omelet bar for breakfast and evening reception. Upon arriving, I saw the signs about the remodeling and changeover. All in all, the hotel was a little disappointing. I understand the fact that they are painting, etc. But they need to make some changes quickly before their rating goes down any more. My room was ok, but getting tired looking. It is the little things. The television stand looks like it was deigned for something else; there is a place to hold a tissue box in the bathroom vanity that is no longer used and a box sits on the counter; no usable drawer space; only one glass in the cabinet; sad looking lamps and bed linens. I was only there two nights and by myself, so it was sufficient, but certainly not a #1 rating.
The room wasn't dirty, except for one strange thing that I saw. When I plugged in my phone charger next to the sofa, there looked like what appeared to be a sink stopper sitting on the floor. It is hard to believe that someone wouldn't see that when cleaning the room.

The ice maker on my floor was not working and had a sign on it as to the other floors to get ice. I went up one floor and that ice maker room was locked with no sign. It was the little things.

The breakfast room was a real disappointment. It was very drab, had no appeal. The tables and chairs were worn and just generally sad. When I arrived for breakfast a little after 6:30 on the first morning, the omelet station was just being set up, so I got some breakfast off of the buffet. The station was still not ready when I left. The next morning I rearranged my schedule and went down for breakfast at 7am. The omelet bar was up and running and I had to wait for mine to be made. The cook was working very hard and breakfast was good, but again I was disappointed that the timing was a problem. This is the same area where they have the evening reception set up. It was nice in that there was beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks. They change it out every evening. But again, the room is so uninviting to sit and have a drink in the evening after work.

The front desk was very nice and welcoming. The room rate was very reasonable and the room was spacious and quiet, but they need to do something quickly to get return customers.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review. We are sorry we did not meet your travel expectations. As you mentioned, we are currently going through a complete renovation, so the items you mentioned are currently being upgraded. As you know these big renovations do take time, so we hope you will return in the near future when we are a brand new hotel.
Thank you for your business.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a great bath and wonderful night sleep in this king suite. Desk attendant was friendly and helpful and when I walked into the room iPad dock was playing spa sounds. There is a faint smell of paint in the halls and lobby, but none in my room. Also they are changing out furniture so lobby is bare. Breakfast is free omelette bar etc.. And good, not great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay. You are correct, we are making some great new changes, so we hope you will be back in a few months when we are all done.
We value you and appreciate your business!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although there was ongoing renovations for the rebranding, it did not affect too much of my stay. Just a little inconvenience getting in/out of the hotel while the flooring was being done.
Hotel is quiet, located at a convenient location with several restaurants in walking distance.
Wifi is at an acceptable speed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, we are renovating the property so we greatly appreciate your patience while we are in the process of giving you and our other guest a brand new product. We value you and your business and hope you continue to be our guest, while in Alpharetta, Ga!
Statesboro, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Sierra in Alpharetta, GA for a business trip. I selected this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, which indicated it was the number one hotel in the area. The staff were friendly when I arrived and the room was priced a decent bargain for the locale. However, I my room was unclean, my bedding was filthy and had plenty of hair on each bed. I called downstairs that evening and was informed that no one could assist me until a relief staff arrived to switch places with the one man at the front desk.

I then decided to walk downstairs to discuss this further, at this point the young man, who was helpful, brought me one set of sheets and told me that I was going to have to remake the bed myself. Shocked that I paid money for a room I would have to clean and change the linens myself, I felt as though this place was more like a hostel than a number one hotel. Then I was asked if I wanted to switch rooms, which I replied, I would. I then moved all of my things to the next room, which was dirty like the first room and smelled of mold. I could not sleep because the AC was very loud and the drunk guests (from the free booze at the manager's reception) continued to make noise outside of my room. As a single women I was very concerned for my safety from the types of drunk and strange men that were constantly stinking up the elevator and making unwanted advances. My head was stuffed up the next morning for the allergens and I ended my stay at the Hotel Sierra promptly and moved to the Embassy who has been informed of my dilemma early that morning. I would have left earlier if I had of known how horrible this hotel truly was, but given the time of night when I discovered the issues it was too late to leave and locate another hotel also I had booked on Orbitz, therefore, I could not receive a refund for the room, if I left. Rather than lose money, I chose to stay, losing my money, sleep, and lastly, I my standards of hotel cleanliness. My advice to anyone who uses this hotel, bring sheets, don't book on Orbitz, so you may be able to obtain some of your money back, and expect there to be derelicts staying with you for the free booze. The manager called me and attempted to offer me a second chance to stay here when the hotel becomes a Holiday Inn, however, while the name changes, the cleaning staff will remain the same and the standards that the hotel accepts as "passing" will no doubt remain in place. Therefore, I will avoid this let down at all cost.

The only positive about the stay was the fact that the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: To pick a good room here means not to stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review about your recent experience at our property. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your travel expectations. We have high standards for our team, their cleaning practices and guest expectations. We will address your concerns with our team and ensure this does not re-occur as this is NOT our standard practice, nor does this happen on a regular basis.
Regarding the manager reception, which only offers complimentary beer and light wine, it is only offered for 2 hours in the evenings, along with a light meal for our guest to enjoy.

We appreciate you noting our staff as they do make every attempt to assist every guest and their travel needs.
We value your time, but more importantly your business.
Our #1 goal is to always make every guest 100% satisfied on every stay.
We hope you will allow us to not only meet, but exceed your expectations in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property as we attended a concert at the nearby Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. This hotel is clean, modern and well taken care of. They are currently under construction completing a renovation of the lobby and the hallways. A beautiful new lobby floor was in the process of being installed during my visit, and the hallways were being painted. The final result will prove to be beautiful, I am sure. This is a hotel that is geared more towards weekday business travelers as it is located in an area with lots of office complexes. The entire surrounding area was clean, and I felt safe. Many restaurants located close by to the hotel. Free breakfast is included. Choices were bread items, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage patties, made to order omelets and waffles. Fresh orange juice and Starbucks coffee completed the breakfast choices. There was a glitch in the service while I was there,as there was only one person cooking omelets and he was backed up with at least 8 orders. All the pre-cooked food ran out and at least 8 people were waiting for it to be refilled. The one person working went to cook the food for the buffet and it was pretty much chaos with everyone waiting. Two other staff members finally came to help and order wad restored relatively quickly. The staff remained calm and friendly through a stressful situation. The breakfast was delicious, despite the long wait. Every staff member I came into contact with was pleasant to deal with. I paid $65 total for a Saturday night stay. I would definitely return to this location of I find myself traveling to Alpharetta in the future. I how you have found this review helpful. If you did, please give it a helpful vote. Happy travels!

• Stayed September 2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for your kind, detailed review. We appreciate your details about our property, team, location and service. This is what makes us smile, knowing our guest leave, review and want to return. We thank you so much for your business and look forward to seeing you back soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!