“Nice stay, despite the ongoing renovations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12505 Cingular Way, Alpharetta, GA 30004 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Alpharetta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice stay, despite the ongoing renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although there was ongoing renovations for the rebranding, it did not affect too much of my stay. Just a little inconvenience getting in/out of the hotel while the flooring was being done.
Hotel is quiet, located at a convenient location with several restaurants in walking distance.
Wifi is at an acceptable speed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, we are renovating the property so we greatly appreciate your patience while we are in the process of giving you and our other guest a brand new product. We value you and your business and hope you continue to be our guest, while in Alpharetta, Ga!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Statesboro, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Sierra in Alpharetta, GA for a business trip. I selected this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, which indicated it was the number one hotel in the area. The staff were friendly when I arrived and the room was priced a decent bargain for the locale. However, I my room was unclean, my bedding was filthy and had plenty of hair on each bed. I called downstairs that evening and was informed that no one could assist me until a relief staff arrived to switch places with the one man at the front desk.

I then decided to walk downstairs to discuss this further, at this point the young man, who was helpful, brought me one set of sheets and told me that I was going to have to remake the bed myself. Shocked that I paid money for a room I would have to clean and change the linens myself, I felt as though this place was more like a hostel than a number one hotel. Then I was asked if I wanted to switch rooms, which I replied, I would. I then moved all of my things to the next room, which was dirty like the first room and smelled of mold. I could not sleep because the AC was very loud and the drunk guests (from the free booze at the manager's reception) continued to make noise outside of my room. As a single women I was very concerned for my safety from the types of drunk and strange men that were constantly stinking up the elevator and making unwanted advances. My head was stuffed up the next morning for the allergens and I ended my stay at the Hotel Sierra promptly and moved to the Embassy who has been informed of my dilemma early that morning. I would have left earlier if I had of known how horrible this hotel truly was, but given the time of night when I discovered the issues it was too late to leave and locate another hotel also I had booked on Orbitz, therefore, I could not receive a refund for the room, if I left. Rather than lose money, I chose to stay, losing my money, sleep, and lastly, I my standards of hotel cleanliness. My advice to anyone who uses this hotel, bring sheets, don't book on Orbitz, so you may be able to obtain some of your money back, and expect there to be derelicts staying with you for the free booze. The manager called me and attempted to offer me a second chance to stay here when the hotel becomes a Holiday Inn, however, while the name changes, the cleaning staff will remain the same and the standards that the hotel accepts as "passing" will no doubt remain in place. Therefore, I will avoid this let down at all cost.

The only positive about the stay was the fact that the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: To pick a good room here means not to stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review about your recent experience at our property. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your travel expectations. We have high standards for our team, their cleaning practices and guest expectations. We will address your concerns with our team and ensure this does not re-occur as this is NOT our standard practice, nor does this happen on a regular basis.
Regarding the manager reception, which only offers complimentary beer and light wine, it is only offered for 2 hours in the evenings, along with a light meal for our guest to enjoy.

We appreciate you noting our staff as they do make every attempt to assist every guest and their travel needs.
We value your time, but more importantly your business.
Our #1 goal is to always make every guest 100% satisfied on every stay.
We hope you will allow us to not only meet, but exceed your expectations in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property as we attended a concert at the nearby Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. This hotel is clean, modern and well taken care of. They are currently under construction completing a renovation of the lobby and the hallways. A beautiful new lobby floor was in the process of being installed during my visit, and the hallways were being painted. The final result will prove to be beautiful, I am sure. This is a hotel that is geared more towards weekday business travelers as it is located in an area with lots of office complexes. The entire surrounding area was clean, and I felt safe. Many restaurants located close by to the hotel. Free breakfast is included. Choices were bread items, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage patties, made to order omelets and waffles. Fresh orange juice and Starbucks coffee completed the breakfast choices. There was a glitch in the service while I was there,as there was only one person cooking omelets and he was backed up with at least 8 orders. All the pre-cooked food ran out and at least 8 people were waiting for it to be refilled. The one person working went to cook the food for the buffet and it was pretty much chaos with everyone waiting. Two other staff members finally came to help and order wad restored relatively quickly. The staff remained calm and friendly through a stressful situation. The breakfast was delicious, despite the long wait. Every staff member I came into contact with was pleasant to deal with. I paid $65 total for a Saturday night stay. I would definitely return to this location of I find myself traveling to Alpharetta in the future. I how you have found this review helpful. If you did, please give it a helpful vote. Happy travels!

• Stayed September 2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for your kind, detailed review. We appreciate your details about our property, team, location and service. This is what makes us smile, knowing our guest leave, review and want to return. We thank you so much for your business and look forward to seeing you back soon!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

To be fair to the hotel it is currently in the midst of quite a major overhaul as it now comes under the Holiday Inn wing. The reception floor was being relaid and plenty other work going on so it was in a bit of a mess. Nevertheless the staff did a grand job coping with this, especially the reception staff.
I had a larger king size room and this was nice and spacious. Good size bed and separate desk area with an armchair with a kitchen area off to the side. Decor was a bit tired, carpet rippled up and fittings a bit worn, but I assume this will be rectified under the refurbishment. I found the bed very comfortable though, although the sleeping experience was ruined by an extremely noisy air con unit. Turn it off and it is too warm so you just have to suffer the noise. Also, as previously reported, the room had a very strong smell of air fresher or maybe cleaning products. Quite over powering.
Pool area was scruffy with discarded towels, litter in the pool and cigarette butts on the floor. Just did not give the right impression.
I did not enjoy breakfast. Yes they would cook omelettes for you but if this is not to your liking then there is not a lot of alternative variety. Also if you take breakfast later then items were not replenished. I asked for butter which created total confusion involving three members of staff, eventually resulting in being told they had none. Actually the problem was more of staff not being totally conversant in English.
To summarise, reasonable value for money but the experience could be a lot better with some attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. As you mentioned, we are currently going through a complete renovation, so we sure hope you will return once we are finished with the entire renovation. You will be pleased!
Thank you for your review and thank you for your business. Please come back and see us again in the near future!
Thomaston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I were quite pleased with our weekend stay in August, 2013. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very accommodating. When we needed extra bath cloths, they were more than happy to provide them. I believe our room was supposed to have an alarm clock, but we could not find it. However, we called the front desk to set up a wake-up call and no worries.

Hot and intercontinental breakfast items were available for guests. To add, they served Starbucks (brand) coffee, and provided a selection of Tazo (brand) teas. There was also a cook on hand to prepare omelets (with guests' choice of toppings) and Belgian waffles.

The hotel is in a busy location; but the area was really quiet. The traffic noise was never a problem, and it is in a nice area for walking or jogging. The fitness center is really nice also. At the time, there were some signs of ongoing painting projects (internally)...but management did not have the contractors working during the time of our stay (a very considerate gesture by management to ensure their guests' comfort).

We will definitely be willing to stay here again, and highly recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind review. We are so happy to hear we met your expectations! We hope you will always make our hotel your hotel when your travels bring you back to our area! Thank you so much for your business. We appreciate you!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Family stayed for 4 nights over a weekend, 2 db bed suite worked fine. Only negative is why Double beds instead of Queen size ? Front Desk staff was very polite and addressed all our needs. Hotel was going through a 'rehab' , painting and hall repair when we visited - staff made visit comfortable by warning us of the mess and bad painting smell. Overall hotel is in great shape, staff was friendly and heplful and priced right. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay. We are very excited about our new fresh look, so we are happy to hear you will return to our property when your travels bring you back to the area! We look forwarding to see you again soon. Thank you for your business!!
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room was comfortable, we appreciated the mini-fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast was fantastic, if not quick - made to order omelets were delicious, and prepared by a very friendly chef. Other than the omelet-maker, there was one employee responsible for the coffee, waffles, and omelet ingredients - he was working hard, but having a hard time keeping up. The hotel was in the midst of guest room renovations. Staff was friendly. Good location, we got a great price through Hotwire.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are happy to hear you had a nice stay with us. Chef Tim loves to make a great breakfast for our guest, so we will let him know you mentioned him in your review. We sure hope you will be back in the coming months to see the new product we will have for our guest.
Thank you for your review and thank you for your business!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!