“Nice and good value, but ...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi free!
Ranked #10 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice and good value, but ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My pre-teen daughter and I stayed here fo a night in order to attend a concert at the verizon amphitheater about 2 miles away and the hotel had a package that included transportation to events at that venue. Hotel was very nice--typical embassy suites-- but the whole concert package seemed to throw their shuttle driver because there was confusion about when he would pick us up and whether their shuttle service was available after 11 pm-- and this was the reason I booked the package! Well we ended up taking a cab back from the concert to the tune of $20. But, the moment I mentioned this to the front desk, they were very apologetic and my hotel bill was credited $40. So it worked out fine after a little frustration. All in all it's I nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback! There was some confusion that particular night regarding the shuttle but I'm pleased to know our team members made it right as soon as you let them know. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We chose the Embassy Suites for a weekend business stay because it is a Hilton facility. I called the hotel direct to make reservations. During the conversation, I emphasized the need for a quiet location. At no time did the reservationist indicate that there was a soccer tournament and that there would be lots of kids in the facility. Since the facility has an open atrium, any noise along the hallways and in the main lobby and dining area can be heard on all levels. The kids were running up and down the halls shouting to one another all day (the matches were rained out at midday). When we complained to the desk staff, they said there was nothing they could do; the kids would quiet down when they went to bed. We ordered room service which took 45 minutes to an hour to get a burger and turkey reuben, the turkey was dried out. Room service trays were left in the hallways for almost 24 hours (and it looked like the kids had been playing with the food). Yes, it is the responsibility of parents to supervise their children; however, the hotel staff did nothing to relieve the situation. Will never go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
I am so sorry you experienced unruly children during your stay with us. Since your visit, we have provided additional training for our team members in order to alleviate the very issues you experienced. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thanks for your feedback.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Hotel desperately needs new management. Took a suite on July 29, 2011. Room was dirty (cookie crumbs on the floor in the living room tells me it wasn't vacuumed) filthy door jams in the bathroom shows that room hasn't been properly cleaned in months. 'Free Breakfast' was flavorless and practically inedible - can't prove it but I suspect that the eggs were really 'egg beaters' all the bread, bagels, danish etc were served frozen - No microwave to heat them up. No free internet access anywhere in the hotel. Chairs in both the living room and in the bedroom had holes worn in them. Sheets on bed one night also had holes. It's obvious that the management is concentrating exclusively on 'saving a buck'. When I tried to complain to the front desk the man on the desk was disinterested and rude - told me 'That's not my problem....' I've stayed in this hotel three times before and have watched it go down over the past two years from a nice place to a real dump... I've spent my last dollar at the Embassy in Alpharetta.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the concerns you had during your stay. We've made several changes since your last visit that I wanted to make you aware of. Wireless internet is now completely free in the lobby and atrium area, we have all new bed linens, and there's now a microwave in the breakfast area. In addition, we have resurfaced the pool, the hot tub, the pool deck and purchased all new pool furniture. We've also implemented more "checks and balances" to insure all guest rooms are cleaned to the highest standard. As far as "eggbeaters" at breakfast, I can assure you this is not the case. We do have an eggbeater product available upon request, but this product is actually much more expensive than real eggs and would be very cost prohibitive to serve exclusively. I hope you'll come back to visit us to see the exciting changes taking place at the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Alpharetta!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

I forgot to check to see, but assumed that there would be free Internet in all decent hotels. Not so.
Even Super 8 gives their customers free Internet! If you've got business to do, or free time, don't expect to spend it on the Internet at this hotel unless you want to pay.
It sucks.

• Stayed July 2011
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I apologize you were disappointed with our fee of $6.95 for internet access (per 24 hours). I do hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Of course, we will also continue to offer a complimentary business center with internet access for our guests as well. Each year we reevaluate our pricing models so comments such as yours do assist us in decisions regarding pricing. Please check back with us regarding this fee should you have the opportunity to stay in Alpharetta again. Thanks again.
dullsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

The walls are very thin, so if you are unfortunate enough to stay next to an arguing couple or a screaming baby, you will hear them as if they are in your own room. Also the atrium design of the hotel ensures that all rooms are exposed to any noise in the hallways. We had the choice of being next to the elevator or next to the ice machine - equally bad for noise. The hotel caters to partiers, including drunk concert goers and giggling screeching teenaged girls. It is a horrible choice for business travelers because the desk/table is right next to the interior window where the noise is the worst. The rooms themselves are clean and spacious and the staff is friendly and accommodating, so if you are severely hearing impaired this hotel may work out fine.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thanks so much for your feedback. On nights there have been concerts in the area, we have had an occasionial situation where concert goers have gotten too loud. I assure you that when that happens we make every effort to keep the disruptions to our guests to a minimum. Usually we are able to remedy this very quickly. Apparently, this wasn't the case during your visit. I apologize that you were inconvenienced and that your stay was less than perfect. I am happy to hear that you found the suites to be clean and spacious and my team was friendly and accomodating. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you during your next stay in Alpharetta.
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I've stayed at this location on 2 weekends in the past year. Overall it is a pleasant experience. The rooms are very nice and the lobby is beautiful. Both weekends I've stayed here the hotel seemed to be very full but the noise doesn't flow over to the sleeping areas. The 2 things I don't like are the elevators are very slow. Be prepared to wait. Also, I never found a way to take the stairs up from the 1st floor. When I took the stairs down the only exit on the 1st floor was to the outside of the building. The other issue is the food and service in the restaurant are not consistent. It seems like the staff does the best they can but there are never enough people working. However, due to the location I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

On paper a good location with good facilities. But reality is less than this.

Leisure facilities comprise a pool and a fitness suite. Pool is small and L shaped, and while OK for children to play in not good for exercise swimming. Exercise suite comprises five machines (two stair master, two treadmills, one exercise bike). When I was there two were completely broken, and rest defective but useable.

Location has a short-order restaurant, offering deep-fried things mostly. Expensive, and not much range of choices. Breakfast to be avoided.

Rooms were a good size, but gloomy due to layout vs. windows windows: one small window from sitting area (with anti-theft glass) looking into central atrium, and another looking out of building from sleeping area. You have to have room lights on all the time.

Standard Hilton spec TV channels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Alpharetta, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Complete guest satisfaction is our goal and your valuable feedback helps us improve in areas we've fallen short.. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the fitness equipment. Our maintenance department is addressing this to insure this is not an issue going forward. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Alpharetta!

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Alpharetta? Share your experiences!