“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Vance, Alabama
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed for my birthday weekend with the girls. Everything thing was wonderful during my stay with a few minor details. The breakfast was the issue; the milk was 3 days away from expiring. Alexis at the front desk for the afternoon shift was absolutely amazing. She always had a smile on her face and answered every question we had. She is truly a blessing to the hotel. She made the stay fantastic! I do plan on staying again.

• Stayed November 2013
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello UM_CML! Thank you for sharing on our Trip Advisor Page about your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay. I appreciate you recognizing Alexis and I will certainly ensure she hears your positive feedback! We hope to see you on the next Birthday weekend! Happy Birthday!

Hospitably,
Brooke Stall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Dates of Stay: Friday, August 30th - Saturday, August 31st, 2013

Location: The Springhill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta is conveniently located off of I-19 and Windward Parkway. Even though it is just off the main drag, the hotel has a secluded, moutain chalet feeling. There is a wooded section at the back of the hotel, and therefore no road noise. The only odd thing is that if you are coming from Windward Parkway, you have to drive past the hotel, and make a u-turn. Also, there are a variety of shops and restaurants very close to the hotel.

Value: The two occasions that we have stayed at this hotel, the rate has been under $100. On this particular visit, we paid $79 for a King. I love that they offer complimentary parking, WiFi, and breakfast. All small expenses, that can really add up. I would much rather stay here, and make the drive into Atlanta, than pay two to three times more for my hotel room, plus a chunky parking fee.

Room: The room includes a sitting area, nice desk space and a kitchen with sink, microwave, mini refrigerator, and coffee maker. The sleeping area is separated by a partial wall. The bathroom is a nice size and the vanity is outside the main part of the bathroom. I do wish they would give you more vanity counter space, because there is not room for two toiletry bags. During both our stays, the rooms were very clean.

Breakfast: The breakfast is your standard Marriott continental breakfast with cereals, bagels, pastries, fruit, waffles, and more. This location pre-pours the waffle batter into small carafes, so you don't have the typical mess from the batter dispenser. I wish Marriott would adopt this idea chain wide. It's a little thing, but one that I really appreciate. The lady that keeps the area stocked and clean is very nice and does a great job.

Front Desk: On both of our visits, the front desk staff has been courteous and professional. Check-in was quick and efficient.

The SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta is one of my favorite Marriott hotels. We will definitely be back, next time we are in the Atlanta area. You just can't beat the great location and the fantastic rates!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you OUTCRUISIN2610 for your contribution to our TripAdvisor page! Your comments are wonderful and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We hope to continue as your "Favorite Atlanta Area Hotel"
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who noticed the musty damp smell. There was also a very strong cleaner smell, as if the crew attempted to hide the musty smell with some sort of cleaning solution. The smell was so overpowering that I had to request a room change. I suspect the culprit is the AC unit. The second room smelled much better but as soon as I turned the AC on, the damp smell came back, though not nearly as bad as the first room. Based on the mostly good reviews, this problem might be limited to only some rooms/AC units. The place was otherwise very nice. It is situated in a very nice area, the breakfast was good and the staff was nice about the room change.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you JohnNYPlus for your valuable feedback. Please accept my apology that your stay was less than perfect. We are in the process of replacing some older AC units and hope that you will come back on your next trip and give us another try. Thank you again for your feedback.
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the SpringHill Suites in Alpharetta, GA. I was pleasantly surprised by the hospitality of the staff, squeaky clean accommodations, and general comfort of my stay. I've stayed at many different Marriott properties (my husband is Lifetime Platinum Silver Elite) and there is a definite difference in the feel of this brand and in this property in particular. As a woman traveling alone, I felt safe and very much at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We love being the Little Hidden Gem! Thank you Yogagirl67 for your kind feedback. We pride ourselves on offering a friendly, comfortable and clean hotel in the Alpharetta area. We know that our Marriott Rewards Elite members make Marriott so successful and want to recognize each one! Hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Very large and sparkling clean suites. A nice little goody bag was waiting in my room and the 2 bottles of water were very welcome. The breakfast is more than continental and includes, eggs, meat, biscuits, and cheese among other things. There is truly something for everyone. It is within walking distance to many stores and restaurants. Great location in a safe area.
The evening staff here is some of the best I have met. When I checked in they were talking with guests like they had known them forever. After a few minutes they were treating me the same way. Every day they would greet me with a very genuine "welcome back". They had a nice reception one night that I was there and they offered free chair massages on another night. The lobby was decorated for Halloween. They really made me feel at home. I will stay here again when I am back in Alpharetta.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Jellysnana for sharing your recent stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and felt like we had known you forever. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to view the next Holiday's decorations.

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Alpharetta!
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Springhill Suites and the Alpharetta, GA Springhill Suites, in particular are terrific. I've been staying here three days a week for several months. The hotel was happy to receive the bicycle I shipped before my first stay. They're happy to hold it between my Thursday departures and Monday arrivals, even when I may be gone elsewhere for a week. Every person at the front desk knew me within a week or two. Everyone's super friendly. The hotel managers are always looking for ways to make their hotel a little special; complementary massages on Tuesdays, Halloween decorations throughout the lobby, cheese / cracker and hors d'oeuvres every now and again, fresh-baked cookies almost every day, fresh popcorn every evening, not to mention their great breakfasts! Staying here is almost more fun than being home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thenk you for your kind comments William N. We are always pleased to have the opportunity to get to know each guest like family. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope your trips to Alpharetta will continue.
Casselberry, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I had a room booked coming from Florida I was so...tired the lady at front desk short hair long nails a black woman I hope she isn't a manager there Marriott needs to teach her better customer service in my book I give worst then a f rating my preference had on our account early ck in she kept battaling me about I dident have it there I had to prove to her by going bk to the car to show her my paper wk she told me to come bk I got there around noon I cancelled and went to the Hyatt cause of u I won't ever stay there I will stay there across the street poor service lady very poor service and I had my two yr old son that was restless she showed no care I would love to call her every bad word I could think of but will keep it casual Hyatt checked me in five seconds no issue so cancelled them and Hyatt on windward took my good money

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you Rina2009 for your comments regarding your experience when trying to check in. We do our best to get guests in as soon as rooms are ready and in this case we did not handle your request properly. Please accept my apology for this inconvenience. I have used your comment as a learning opportunity with our staff. I would love to welcome you back in the future to show the service you should expect from Marriott SpringHill Suites.