“Phenomenal Hotel -- World-class staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Phenomenal Hotel -- World-class staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Springhill Suites and the Alpharetta, GA Springhill Suites, in particular are terrific. I've been staying here three days a week for several months. The hotel was happy to receive the bicycle I shipped before my first stay. They're happy to hold it between my Thursday departures and Monday arrivals, even when I may be gone elsewhere for a week. Every person at the front desk knew me within a week or two. Everyone's super friendly. The hotel managers are always looking for ways to make their hotel a little special; complementary massages on Tuesdays, Halloween decorations throughout the lobby, cheese / cracker and hors d'oeuvres every now and again, fresh-baked cookies almost every day, fresh popcorn every evening, not to mention their great breakfasts! Staying here is almost more fun than being home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thenk you for your kind comments William N. We are always pleased to have the opportunity to get to know each guest like family. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope your trips to Alpharetta will continue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Casselberry, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I had a room booked coming from Florida I was so...tired the lady at front desk short hair long nails a black woman I hope she isn't a manager there Marriott needs to teach her better customer service in my book I give worst then a f rating my preference had on our account early ck in she kept battaling me about I dident have it there I had to prove to her by going bk to the car to show her my paper wk she told me to come bk I got there around noon I cancelled and went to the Hyatt cause of u I won't ever stay there I will stay there across the street poor service lady very poor service and I had my two yr old son that was restless she showed no care I would love to call her every bad word I could think of but will keep it casual Hyatt checked me in five seconds no issue so cancelled them and Hyatt on windward took my good money

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you Rina2009 for your comments regarding your experience when trying to check in. We do our best to get guests in as soon as rooms are ready and in this case we did not handle your request properly. Please accept my apology for this inconvenience. I have used your comment as a learning opportunity with our staff. I would love to welcome you back in the future to show the service you should expect from Marriott SpringHill Suites.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over 30 nights in 2013. The property is up to date, the staff is extremely friendly, internet is reliable, and breakfast is good. I continue to return week after week because they do a great job for a fair price!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time Rich K. to comment on your experience at the SpringHill Suites Alpharetta throughout the year. I am pleased to hear that your stays have been enjoyable.
Columbiana, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

SpringHill Suites in Alpharetta, GA was recommened by a friend. What a wonderful place. The room was absolutely amazing. The continential breakfast was delicious!!! My only complaint is that we could only stay one night!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you 123Cooper456 for staying with us during your recent trip. We are pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful, hopefully your next trip will be longer than one night! Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here on our way to and from Gatlinburg TN. Angela, front desk, was very helpful and polite. She gave me information on local restaurants and activities for children.

The room was comfortable and had tons of room. We had 5 people in our party. The living area was separate from the beds and bathroom. It had a small refrigerator, microwave and sink. It had cupboards but no dishes. This did not make sense to have cupboards without dishes.

Only complaint: sofa sleeper mattress had a stain and the linens had some hair.

Breakfast was great. There was cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit and pastries. On Sundays, a waffle maker is available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Brockport95, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at SpringHill Suites Alpharetta, we know you had a choice and appreciate you choosing us! I appreciate you sharing the positive encounter you had with Angela as this is also a great way to recognize our associates. I will certainly get with housekeeping on the sofa sleeper and linens for it. We hope to be your stopping point for each trip to and from the Smoky Mountains!

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We purposely stayed here so I could catch the Caffeine & Octane car show that happens the first Sunday of every month. Last year, we had stayed at the full-fledged Alpharetta Marriott right down the street and this is a much better value in comparison. Granted, the amenities aren't as nice but that's to be expected. Regardless, this is a very nice, clean hotel completely deserving of the Marriott name. From now one when we come to Alpharetta, this is where we'll be staying!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello Piratepress! Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you had a enjoyable stay and we hope to have you back for the next Caffeine & Octane car show!

Prattville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stay at the Newnan, GA Springhill quite often and I guess I've become spoiled. Because we recently stayed at this Alpharetta location and found the service lacking. A certain attitude seemed to shade the staff. Kind of a...we are working here but we are not happy about it and don't really care about the customer's stay.

My husband was here for business but the family joined him there for part of his stay. He gave specific instructions for a key to be left for us. But when we arrived, they couldn't find his instructions and wouldn't give us a key. When he did arrive to meet us, he was told that the person he gave his instructions to had "left for the day" and so they couldn't let us in. I'm not sure why that was important. Couldn't this other employee have been left instructions or a note? Very unprofessional. They also failed to make the wake-up call my husband requested.

Then, when we came down for breakfast (with about 30 minutes left before breakfast ended), there was nothing left to eat. The choices were limited to cereal and one bagel. If the breakfast is until a certain posted time--the food should still be available. Very disappointing and the cream cheese for the one remaining bagel was not cold and had gone bad.

So, the family did take a trip out to the pool area. It was not in good repair. The pool railing was almost completely loose. This was a hazard for my children as they need to hold on to enter the pool. The pool had not been cleaned in a while as it was full of leaves. The chairs around the pool were filthy and had not seen a good washing in who knows how long. Little things like these could have made all the difference in our stay.

Then, my favorite part of the stay was when the housekeeping came walking into our room at 8 a.m. unannounced and woke up all my children. Now, I know that this is typically a business stay type location, but this was totally unsatisfactory. I've never had this happen at any other hotel. Uncool.

Also, the television was having problems. No matter how you adjusted it--the picture was off. This needs to be looked at. TV is important in a hotel room!

I say all these things to give you the full picture of our stay. So, I will note the few positives. The hotel usually has fresh baked cookies in the evening but had none when we returned from dinner. Upon request, they did bake some and bring them up to our room. This was nice.

The air conditioner worked well and allowed us to sleep in a nice cool room. The hotel was also quite and made for a good night's sleep (until awoken by housekeeping).

They also allowed us one additional hour until check-out so that we could wait for my husband to finish his work-related meeting. This was helpful to us.

All in all, I would not choose this location again but I'm still on speaking terms with the Springhill chain and look forward to staying in other locations in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you Kerri1973 for choosing SpringHill Suites Alpharetta on your recent stay. Please accept my apology that your stay did not live up to the SpringHill Suites expectations. We are always excited to hear on how each guests stay was both the highlights and also ways we can improve our guests experience. Again, I do apologize that we dropped the ball during your stay and hope to bring you back to show you the service you have come to expect from SpringHill Suites.

Brooke Stall

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!