“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Riverview, Florida, United States
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here on our way to and from Gatlinburg TN. Angela, front desk, was very helpful and polite. She gave me information on local restaurants and activities for children.

The room was comfortable and had tons of room. We had 5 people in our party. The living area was separate from the beds and bathroom. It had a small refrigerator, microwave and sink. It had cupboards but no dishes. This did not make sense to have cupboards without dishes.

Only complaint: sofa sleeper mattress had a stain and the linens had some hair.

Breakfast was great. There was cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit and pastries. On Sundays, a waffle maker is available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Greetings Brockport95, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at SpringHill Suites Alpharetta, we know you had a choice and appreciate you choosing us! I appreciate you sharing the positive encounter you had with Angela as this is also a great way to recognize our associates. I will certainly get with housekeeping on the sofa sleeper and linens for it. We hope to be your stopping point for each trip to and from the Smoky Mountains!

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We purposely stayed here so I could catch the Caffeine & Octane car show that happens the first Sunday of every month. Last year, we had stayed at the full-fledged Alpharetta Marriott right down the street and this is a much better value in comparison. Granted, the amenities aren't as nice but that's to be expected. Regardless, this is a very nice, clean hotel completely deserving of the Marriott name. From now one when we come to Alpharetta, this is where we'll be staying!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello Piratepress! Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you had a enjoyable stay and we hope to have you back for the next Caffeine & Octane car show!

Prattville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stay at the Newnan, GA Springhill quite often and I guess I've become spoiled. Because we recently stayed at this Alpharetta location and found the service lacking. A certain attitude seemed to shade the staff. Kind of a...we are working here but we are not happy about it and don't really care about the customer's stay.

My husband was here for business but the family joined him there for part of his stay. He gave specific instructions for a key to be left for us. But when we arrived, they couldn't find his instructions and wouldn't give us a key. When he did arrive to meet us, he was told that the person he gave his instructions to had "left for the day" and so they couldn't let us in. I'm not sure why that was important. Couldn't this other employee have been left instructions or a note? Very unprofessional. They also failed to make the wake-up call my husband requested.

Then, when we came down for breakfast (with about 30 minutes left before breakfast ended), there was nothing left to eat. The choices were limited to cereal and one bagel. If the breakfast is until a certain posted time--the food should still be available. Very disappointing and the cream cheese for the one remaining bagel was not cold and had gone bad.

So, the family did take a trip out to the pool area. It was not in good repair. The pool railing was almost completely loose. This was a hazard for my children as they need to hold on to enter the pool. The pool had not been cleaned in a while as it was full of leaves. The chairs around the pool were filthy and had not seen a good washing in who knows how long. Little things like these could have made all the difference in our stay.

Then, my favorite part of the stay was when the housekeeping came walking into our room at 8 a.m. unannounced and woke up all my children. Now, I know that this is typically a business stay type location, but this was totally unsatisfactory. I've never had this happen at any other hotel. Uncool.

Also, the television was having problems. No matter how you adjusted it--the picture was off. This needs to be looked at. TV is important in a hotel room!

I say all these things to give you the full picture of our stay. So, I will note the few positives. The hotel usually has fresh baked cookies in the evening but had none when we returned from dinner. Upon request, they did bake some and bring them up to our room. This was nice.

The air conditioner worked well and allowed us to sleep in a nice cool room. The hotel was also quite and made for a good night's sleep (until awoken by housekeeping).

They also allowed us one additional hour until check-out so that we could wait for my husband to finish his work-related meeting. This was helpful to us.

All in all, I would not choose this location again but I'm still on speaking terms with the Springhill chain and look forward to staying in other locations in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you Kerri1973 for choosing SpringHill Suites Alpharetta on your recent stay. Please accept my apology that your stay did not live up to the SpringHill Suites expectations. We are always excited to hear on how each guests stay was both the highlights and also ways we can improve our guests experience. Again, I do apologize that we dropped the ball during your stay and hope to bring you back to show you the service you have come to expect from SpringHill Suites.

lakeland,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here from Fri 7/26 until Sun 7/28/13. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. There were a lot of teen girl basketball players there. Must have been a tournament somewhere that weekend. Some had gotten very rowdy and the desk manager told them it was not acceptable and apparently it worked. They never bother us though. The room was nice and the best were comfortable. The kitchen was small usable. The vanity area was small too but there were so many mirrors it didnt matter. The ironing board wouldnt stay up so we improvised. I could have probably gotten a new one, but we just made it work. The exercise room has a small tv and 2 machines one behind the other. Very narrow, but if you really wanted to walk on your vacation, then it was there for the using. The pool area needs help bad! The table and chairs were plastic and so dirty. We took pool towels and used them to sit on. The pool itself looks very neglected and needs a lot of tlc. Breakfast was the usual waffles eggs muffins etc. We never saw bacon, only sausage patties. What we had was good though. All in all it was nice enough. Not the best but comfortable and quiet.The location was good. Easy access to GA 400 which took us where ever we needed to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you Bkerber for taking the time to visit Trip Advisor and share your recent stay with us! I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the pool area not being clean for you during your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that the noise issue was handled quickly by our staff.
The SpringHill Suites Alpharetta is planning a renovation on the pool area for next season. The team looks forward to having you back next year for a relaxing time at the pool.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Goochland, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is one of the few Springhill Suites that is yet to be renovated and it is time...Rooms are dated, no fitness room, although they give you a temp card to the LA fitness club nearby. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have just gotten used to the newer/fresher Springhill Suites. The location is the best thing for being near businesses and good restaurants.
My room needed work due to the A/C causing the carpet to be wet around the unit. Threw down a couple of towels but still a pain to deal with.
Unless updated by my next visit will probable stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillalp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you Mark G for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I appreciate you recognizing the staff for being helpful and friendly as they truly do a wonderful job. The SpringHill Suites team is working at updating our rooms. I hope that you stay with us in the future to see the progress.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff at the check in/out counter were quite pleasant. However, the room was very dated and smelled like a retirement home. It felt really moist, damp, and I swear I was bit by something during the night because I woke up with several red marks and scratches from where I had must have scratched during the night. I really wanted to go elsewhere. The outside looked great but I would not stay again. It was not up to "clean" and "comfortable" standards. It appeared clean but if I am getting bites during the night it cannot be.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Meek P for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that your stay was not an enjoyable one. I have shared your comments with both the housekeeping and maintenance staff and the entire team is working hard to ensure that each room is crisp and clean. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night, and as expected during the summer, it was busy with family groups on vacation. The room and service were great but we gave up trying to eat breakfast. The eating area is far too small. We went back twice and there were no tables, and the food line was so backed up you couldn't get near the food. As we were checking out, there was finally space, but it was too late for us at that point. If you stay here plan on taking your food back to your room.

The location is good if you happen to be in Alpharetta - it's not convenient to any of the interstates but there are plenty of good restaurants and shopping close by. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Maverickgal for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your trip. I apologize for the space issue you had with breakfast. Our new breakfast is so delicious everyone ensures that they don’t miss it. We certainly welcome guests to spread out into the lobby chairs and when available to spill into our meeting room. We look having you back as guests and to enjoy the breakfast!

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!