“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
USA
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had a weekend stay with family to visit local attractions. There were 6 of us total and we had enough space with 2 double beds and the sofa bed. The rooms aren't huge but again we all fit with our luggage. As listed with another review, you do have to move the TV cabinet/nightstand over to use the pull-out sofa but that wasn't a big deal. Our first room the air conditioning did not seem to cool well so we asked to be switched to another room. We were given another room with no problems. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast had a good selection of your standard amenities along with some hot food--eggs, ham, and sausage on different days. My kids loved trying the different flavored waffles--strawberry on one day and blueberry the next day. Overall for the rate that was paid for this hotel it is a great deal and a good place to stay. Some updates could be done but honestly that's not what we are about. We want an affordable clean place with cool rooms, decent breakfast, and convenient eating nearby. This hotel had all of that.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I rated this as very good, because it was a great value. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. We payed a great price for the room so we didn't expect much. The room was large and clean however the bed was not too comfortable and the temperature of the room was definitely not cool enough. May or may not return, but definitely a good hotel at a good price.

Macon, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my daughters birthday with a trip to the American Girl store. We chose the hotel solely based on the good tripadvisor ratings. Big mistake. I'm fairly sure most of the great rankings here are made by hotel employees.

First of all, these are not "suites". Our king "suite" simply had a wall half dividing the space between the king bed and the sofa bed. The area is so small that we had to slide over the TV/cabinet just so the sofa bed could pull out all the way. Luckily, the TV cabinet was nightstand-sized and not like a large entertainment system. The "kitchen" area is simply a microwave, fridge, and sink. Beware of these small rooms.

The hotel is also a bit dated. I don't see how they could possibly put any more yellow in the guest rooms. There was a nice-sized insect in our bathroom to greet us in the morning. I even took a picture of it. We were on the pool side of the building. There are halogen lights illuminating the pool area, but no heavy curtain to block the light from coming into the rooms.

The "exercise room" was simply a trainer bike and a treadmill. No other equipment. The pool was refreshing and breakfast was adequate -- nothing special, just adequate. As others have said, the popcorn and lollipops were a nice touch and a great hit with the kids.

I will say, however, that the service at the front desk was friendly and excellent.

Room Tip: Watch out for hotel rooms described as "suites"
Rock Hill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We decided to stay here seeing that this was the #1 hotel rated in Alpharetta. We figured it would be really great. Looking at the pictures and other reviews it looked great. We arrived and were greeting by the friendly staff. We get to our room and were nothing like we expected. It was a very small room to start off with. We then found a sock under the bed from a previous guest (which leads to the room not being cleaned as it should). The fridge barely cooled anything at all and there was no way to adjust it to be cooler. The knobs on the AC unit were broke and came off as I was trying to adjust the settings. The light in the sink area didn't come on when we turned it on. We called and they were going to switch our room right then, but soon as we got off the phone the light turned on and didn't have a problem with it the rest of the trip.

The location was great, was close to many shopping areas and other things to do with the family. The breakfast was good. The wife and I loved the waffles we could make ourselves. The popcorn and cookies were nice as well. The kids wanted it every time we came from being out.

Since it started to get warm we decided to take the kids out to the pool after breakfast. The pool was filled with dead bugs, leaves, and even a dead frog. We had to clean out the pool ourselves before we got in. It seems that the filter was not working/running.

I would not recommend this hotel for a family vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Checked in on 6/10/12 around 7 PM. Front desk lady was exceptional - she explained everything clearly and concisely. I was visiting for my job for the first time and when questioned about directions; she gave me directions and even offered a shuttle in the morning! (Didn't need to use it as it was literally right across the street). However, I was surprised by how small the rooms were to be considered a "suite". Perhaps a "mini-suite". It was just me, but if I had others traveling with me then it would have been an issue - although I'm sure that there are probably larger rooms available. The area is very nice & they have very nice curb appeal. The MOST important review here was the bed - very comfortable and clean. The cable in my room also kept going in and out; I had to constantly check the cord to bring it back to life and finally just turned it off. I was tired anyway so this was not an issue at the time. There was some mildew in the bathroom and the shower didn't look as if it was cleaned properly... If this had not just been a one night stay, I definitely would have requested a different room. Loved the popcorn in the evening - first I've seen of this and it's nice to see something other than "cookies". Breakfast was good. Better than nothing I suppose & you really can't go wrong with one of those waffles. I was also very happy to see croissants - don't see that everywhere. At checkout the next morning around 7:30AM, the receptionist was extremely nice. Please recognize her - very, very sweet lady! All in all, I felt welcome and the hotel served the basic stay over needs. I slept extremely well and was prepared for my day. Thank you!

Room Tip: 1) I always choose a room on the highest floor possible. I hate having people over me. 2) Find out...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here with family for 4 nights. The rooms are large and very clean and the beds are comfortable. The hot breakfast is very tasty and the nightly popcorn made in the lobby was a great touch. The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs.

The hotel is centrally located in an area if you need to get to the north side of the Atlanta area with good highway access.

This will be my regular place to stay when I come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bloomington,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Front desk was courteous check-in fast, rooms super clean spacious nice hot shower! Hotel is in business area near stores a nd resturants. Will be back again!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!