“Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
trinidad & tobago
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Was sent on some training for ADP. After taking a taxi from Hartsfield Jackson airport to the hotel which is approx. 35-40min with no traffic. Staff were very welcoming after receiving our info, gave us our room keys right away after realizing we traveled literally all day from Trinidad. As what we needed badly was a shower and a change of clean clothes and to rest our luggage down.
The hotel is very sheik, has all the amenities from bar to resturant which served a great breakfast, but was not included in our room charge. US$17 for b/fast was a bit high for us. We did not dine there as we were taken out every night. There's a steak house and a cigar bar next to it, by the name of Cabernet. It's a definite recommendation for GREAT food and good drinks. Also Sage Wood fire Tavern which is about 10minutes by taxi which the hotel calls for you. BTW, there are no complimentry shuttles to anywhere with this hotel, so walk with extra taxi fares. But being a business oriented hotel, I guess they expect all guests to be up the wazoo in mula ! lol
Overall nice hotel, it was literally next door to the office where we had to go, the ppl are friendly and do recommend nice places in the area to visit.
If you do get time to sight see, the Aquarium and World of Coca Cola is a must.

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We booked this hotel last minute due to a horrible hotel stay in a nearby town and were extremely pleased! The room was comfortable, clean and just amazing all around. The staff was absolutely suburb and professional and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. The only complaint, is you have to pay for the internet. You can get it for "free" if you use the internet in their lobby or their business center, but you still have to sign up for the internet service for a one day free internet usage if that makes any sense.

Overall AMAZING and we would definitely stay again.

Owensboro, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We came for a wedding and opted to upgrade our room to the American Girl package. What a sweet deal! My girls will always remember the special touches provided in their room and the special treatment from the staff.

The ballroom was also perfect for a wedding. So elegant and the food was not your traditional hotel fare.

We will definately come here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
jacksonville, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I just recently returned from a trip with several moms and daughters. The main purpose of our trip was to celebrate several birthdays at the American Girl store. This hotel was absolutely perfect for our needs. We booked the deluxe American Girl package which meant that the rooms included things like pink towels, a pink beanbag chair and other silly girl accessories. The rooms were just basic hotel rooms but there were perfectly clean and nice. The lobby and common areas were really lovely. We spent one afternoon at the pool which was a pleasant place to spend some time. The main standout was the breakfast. Many in our party compared the buffet to the ritz. It was outstanding with something for everyone and omelets and pancakes made to order. The separate check-in for the girls and their dolls was adorable. They have really thought of everything to make a special girls trip. Finally, the hotel was close to any major chain restaurant you might be in the mood for. With kids, this was a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel several times, but it has been awhile since my last stay so I am writing another review. I reserved my room on the Marriott website for $75 per night. What a deal! I requested a high floor and a quiet room. Upon arrival the clerk advised me that there were two wedding parties involving young guests, One on the top floor and one two floors below. He recommended a room on the fifth floor due to the noise. He said the room was a corner room and newly updated, but best of all it was away from the partying guest. I took the room and I never heard a sound from anyone during my stay. I was offered a coupon for 500 reward points if I chose to dine in the on-site restaurant, Vidalia's Steakhouse. I decided to take advantage of the offer. I had the wedge salad with grilled herb chicken. The wedge was good with nice chunks of blue cheese and crisp fresh lettuce. The chicken, however, was quite dry. I also had the apple walnut cobbler for dessert along with a B&B and all in all I was happy with the meal. The restaurant was largely empty and the service started out being very good but was less efficient near the end of the meal. I had to ctach the waiter's attention to get the check. A manager did stop by my table soon after the food was served and asked me about everything. I felt they genuinely cared. The staff at this hotel is very good. The room was well appointed with a nice flat screen high def TV. There was a lot of rain and it interfered with reception. There was a tub with shower and the bathroom was largeer than most. I like that this hotel does not charge for parking. If you are contemplating a trip to Atlanta please realize this property is in Alpharetta -- North of the city. I would not stay here without having a vehicle.

Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Alpharetta Marriott is one of the best hotels I've ever been to lately. I stayed there for a week on a business trip on two occasions (both lasted a week). First one was at end of August and 2nd trip was 2nd week of September. Everything is great about this hotel so I don't even know where o begin. Rooms are very clean with nice decor and comfortable beds. My room had a plasma tv and from what I was told by my colleagues, most of the rooms have them. There's a restaurant (steakhouse) in the lobby that serves great breakfast (all you can eat or a la carte). The all you can eat price is about $18. I know it's kind of expensive but wwith the vaariety of food available, I have to say it's worth it. There are two pools, an indoor and outdoor, the indoor pool aalso has a hot tub. Nice exercise room with several treadmills and other equipment. Staff is wonderful. They'll do almost anything you ask them to. The hotel has a shuttle van that will take and bring you back to anywhere within a 3 mile radius free of charge. Drivers are very courteous. There's also a business room in the lobby with computers and printers that you can use free of charge. One of the computers will allow you to print your boarding pass before heading to the airport. For those cofffee lovers, the hotel bar brews starbucks coffee. My only problem is the fact that the hotel is located quite a few miles from the Atlanta Int'l Airport (about 45 min drive). If you take a taxi, get ready to spend about $85.

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We made a trip to the American Girl store (at North Point Mall) for my daughter and found that the Marriott was perfect. It had the MOST comfortable beds..great nite's sleep. The breakfast was delicious.
The staff was most accommodating to our few request. We only stayed one nite but had wished we could have stayed another. I will certainly keep this one in mind when heading that direction again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta? Share your experiences!