“Hotel geared towards Business travelers” 4 of 5 stars

American Girl Getaways
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
“Hotel geared towards Business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Myself and some co-workers stayed here during a recent business trip. We attended a one day seminar here and decided that we should just stay here since it was attached. We recieved a group rate that was reasonable that included internet. However, I see that since my last stay internet is STILL an additional cost, normally. In this day and age, that is just ludicrious.
The rooms were comfortable, as were the beds. We encountered no problems and recieved only the best of service.
Parking is self service and if you come in after 9pm many of the spots are taken. The parking lot was dimly lit and could use a couple more lights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I understand your concern about internet pricing which is why we offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby space as an option to the in-room fee. Thanks so much for posting another review about the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I just enjoyed another pleasant stay at this hotel. Dinner in the bar was tasty, and all staff was friendly. Hotel location is great and amenities are excellent. Rooms are spacious and quiet, with good channels on the tv. Kosi was especially gracious and helpful when I encountered a small problem. Overall I had a top notch experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We are very happy that you had such a great experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I promise to share your kinds words with Kosi and the rest of our associates about your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is generally a good hotel with some good amenities, but some things that may affect whether
It is the right hotel for you over a weekend.
The rates reflect that it is generally a business hotel - well over $200 pn during the week but under $100 pn on the weekends. As such this makes the daily charge of $12.95 a day for wifi crazy - to charge this in today's age is a rip off and must make a pretty profit.
The room was good and clean, reasonably comfy bed, large TV and handy desk space for laptop work. Tea and coffee facilities in room, although no kettle provided only a coffee machine. This may be a bit picky but only cardboard cups provided - not expecting bone china but still.
Bathroom facilities were adequate with decent shower and bath, albeit small.
Decent workout gym and both indoor and outdoor pools - more about these below.
Lobby bar was nice with good selection and excellent friendly bar staff. Bar food was good with a reasonable selection. In fact the full service bar and restaurant is a big plus point for this hotel. Very few if any hotels in this area provide this.
However the hotel on the weekends attracts a lot of families with young children which, whilst probably being great for such families, does tend to take over the whole place. The pool areas were full of children which basically makes them off limits to anyone wanting a relaxing time. And the breakfast experience was, well, more like being at a theme park restaurant. This will not to be to everyone's liking and if you are a couple or single looking for a chilled out weekend then you may well want to take this on board.
In general you get a lot for your money at the weekend rates in this hotel, but you must accept that the hotel has set itself for family weekend breaks. If this is OK with you then you should enjoy it. But it was not for me which is why I can only give an average rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate that you took the time to detail your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience that was caused to you because our hotel was so busy during your visit. The Alpharetta Marriott Hotel is a very popular weekend destination but you can be sure that we are focused on making sure that all of our guests have the best staff and service experience. You can be assured that I will share your feedback my associates as we work to improve your future guest experience. Thanks so much for staying with us!
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are quite big for a hotel. All employees we met were very friendly and said, Have a nice day, whenever we encountered one. The bed is very comfortable, but I agree with other comments about the pillows. This is standard at all Marriotts and there doesn't seem to be a "between" pillow. They are either very soft or very hard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for all of the positive feedback! Your feedback is very important to our future success. We understand that a pillow is very important to getting a good night’s sleep which is why we have both feather and foam pillows available during your stay. Please let us know on your next visit which pillow you prefer and will be happy to have it in your room before you arrive. We truly appreciate that you took the time to post your comments and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for a business trip and this is always a great experience. They staff is very friendly, rooms are clean, good concierge lounge, and it is in a great location. Leaving the hotel in the morning, I was greated by no fewer than 4 staff members wishing me a nice day! My only feedback is that they need some new towels....they are getting pretty thin. My hotel of choice in Alpharetta! I will be back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you had such a stellar guest experience during your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. In reference to your concern about our towels I wanted you to know that in 2014 we will be replacing all of the terry in our guest rooms. Thanks again for all of the great comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our hotel.
Durham NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was on business and stayed in the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta. I was warmly greeted by several staff upon arrival and at the check-in desk. The staff were all smiling and they appeared to really enjoy their jobs which was evident in everything that they did. I saw an American Girl display in the lobby and was told they have a meeting there every Saturday for moms and their children. Kids and moms dress up like their dolls and walk on a runway and a stage that sounded like a lot of fun for both parents and kids. The fact that this meeting repeated there every weekend told me that there was a lot of local people that found this property and service to their liking.

I was shown where the sundry shop was and told that the bar restaurant was open that night and that the food was excellent. I have heard this many times before and asked a few follow up questions. The staff readily shared some of their favorite meals and menu items that all sounded great. Room check-in was a breeze as they quickly found my reservation and confirmed that I would be receiving Marriott reward points for my stay.

The room was very clean as to be expected and had a few excellent touches for the business traveler. It had a slide out computer table under the desk that was a perfect height for me. The wake up calls were easily completed and the bathroom was huge. The bed was more than comfortable and I slept better there than in my own bed.

I did eat in the lounge and found the staff there to all be happy and provided excellent service. The bartender Eric has been there 13 years, Lanair the waiter has been there over 10 years and knew the menu and the craft beers very well. Catarina was very friendly when she brought me my meal and she also has been there over 10 years.

The next morning Valerie was my waitress for breakfast and she had been there for "many years" and "loves her job". So why have these staff in an industry that is high on turnover all been there for this long? Simply said they all love what they are doing, they love where they work and it shows by their smiling faces and dedication to their duties. Valerie mentioned that they could grow by training on other jobs and said that Marriott was the best place she had ever worked in over 25 years in the industry.

That is exactly what makes for a great hotel and the "Marriott Difference".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We really appreciate all of the outstanding feedback about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. You can be assured that I will share all of your positive comments about your experience with all of our associates, especially Eric, La Nair, Catarina, and Valerie who you noted in your review. I want to thank you so much for staying with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Hurricane, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

OK, so last weekend (Labor Day weekend, 2013) we stayed at the Marriott in Alpharetta, GA. Was our stay perfect? No. But, when necessary they did a good job of “service recovery.” Here are a few details:

• Upon first use of the toilet in our room we discovered it was plugged up, and a flood ensued. I managed to turn the valve off to stem the tide, and within 6-8 minutes a maintenance person arrived to fix the problem and mop up the mess. Problem solved.
• After 3-4 uses it was obvious that the sink was draining very slowly. Within about 15-20 minutes of calling, someone arrived to fix that problem, as well.
• After the first night of poor quality sleep, due to three overly stuffed and very hard pillows, and three very soft and under filled feather pillows, we explained the problem to the front desk and were offered foam filled pillows that made our second night much more comfortable. Order the foam pillows immediately upon check in.
• The Wi-fi worked flawlessly in our room and in the lobby, and all other room amenities were up to the Marriott standard.
• They had roped off a large part of the parking lot for some reason so competition for parking spaces was intense. This situation only eased late Sunday night when enough people had checked out. I don’t think they have enough space to create enough parking when they’re fully booked, so be forewarned.

We observed an interesting incident while having the Sunday buffet breakfast. One person had cleared dishes off a nearby table and a small packet of jam fell on the floor in front of the buffet line, unnoticed. It sat there as another employee (name withheld to protect the guilty) came by, eyed the packet, and then made a very conscious decision that it was “below her pay grade” to bend over and pick it up. She passed by again in 30-45 seconds, and again made the same decision.

Then along came Raphael, pushing a huge cart full of clean dishes. He spied the packet, paused with his heavy load, walked over and picked it up and tossed it in a nearby wastebasket, then went on with his “real” job. This guy seems to "get it."

Just then some guy in a nice suit came by wearing a Marriott nametag, so I motioned him over and inquired if he were somehow connected to the restaurant. Turns out he was the Director of Operations for the whole hotel, Mark Van Wagenen. I related the story of the errant jam packet, and he said he would make a point of telling that story in the staff de-briefing at the end of the shift. Sort of a real-world “teachable moment.”

To the young lady who refused to pick up the jam packet, you have much to learn from Raphael.

The next morning I was in the lobby and along came Mark V. He offered to get me a cup of coffee, which I declined, and we chatted a bit more. In the 6-7 minutes we chatted he stepped aside at least 4-5 times to open the doors for entering and exiting guests, some with kids and strollers. He sees everything. He misses no opportunity to be of service to others. That same young lady has much to learn from Mark V.

Would we stay again? Sure. But we’d try to schedule our stay when there would be more parking spaces available.

Dean Herrington

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dean, It was very nice speaking with you and your wife during your stay. I really appreciate that you took time out of your day to detail your guest experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. It is only through this feedback that we can hope to improve your future service experience. This information is truly invaluable and you can be sure that I will share your review with all of our associates. I hope you and wife had a nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel on your way back to Las Vegas. It was an honor to to brillantly host you and your wife. Please come back and see us the next time that you visit the Alpharetta area.

Been to Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta? Share your experiences!