“Always a great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Always a great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for a business trip and this is always a great experience. They staff is very friendly, rooms are clean, good concierge lounge, and it is in a great location. Leaving the hotel in the morning, I was greated by no fewer than 4 staff members wishing me a nice day! My only feedback is that they need some new towels....they are getting pretty thin. My hotel of choice in Alpharetta! I will be back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you had such a stellar guest experience during your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. In reference to your concern about our towels I wanted you to know that in 2014 we will be replacing all of the terry in our guest rooms. Thanks again for all of the great comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our hotel.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Durham NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was on business and stayed in the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta. I was warmly greeted by several staff upon arrival and at the check-in desk. The staff were all smiling and they appeared to really enjoy their jobs which was evident in everything that they did. I saw an American Girl display in the lobby and was told they have a meeting there every Saturday for moms and their children. Kids and moms dress up like their dolls and walk on a runway and a stage that sounded like a lot of fun for both parents and kids. The fact that this meeting repeated there every weekend told me that there was a lot of local people that found this property and service to their liking.

I was shown where the sundry shop was and told that the bar restaurant was open that night and that the food was excellent. I have heard this many times before and asked a few follow up questions. The staff readily shared some of their favorite meals and menu items that all sounded great. Room check-in was a breeze as they quickly found my reservation and confirmed that I would be receiving Marriott reward points for my stay.

The room was very clean as to be expected and had a few excellent touches for the business traveler. It had a slide out computer table under the desk that was a perfect height for me. The wake up calls were easily completed and the bathroom was huge. The bed was more than comfortable and I slept better there than in my own bed.

I did eat in the lounge and found the staff there to all be happy and provided excellent service. The bartender Eric has been there 13 years, Lanair the waiter has been there over 10 years and knew the menu and the craft beers very well. Catarina was very friendly when she brought me my meal and she also has been there over 10 years.

The next morning Valerie was my waitress for breakfast and she had been there for "many years" and "loves her job". So why have these staff in an industry that is high on turnover all been there for this long? Simply said they all love what they are doing, they love where they work and it shows by their smiling faces and dedication to their duties. Valerie mentioned that they could grow by training on other jobs and said that Marriott was the best place she had ever worked in over 25 years in the industry.

That is exactly what makes for a great hotel and the "Marriott Difference".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We really appreciate all of the outstanding feedback about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. You can be assured that I will share all of your positive comments about your experience with all of our associates, especially Eric, La Nair, Catarina, and Valerie who you noted in your review. I want to thank you so much for staying with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

OK, so last weekend (Labor Day weekend, 2013) we stayed at the Marriott in Alpharetta, GA. Was our stay perfect? No. But, when necessary they did a good job of “service recovery.” Here are a few details:

• Upon first use of the toilet in our room we discovered it was plugged up, and a flood ensued. I managed to turn the valve off to stem the tide, and within 6-8 minutes a maintenance person arrived to fix the problem and mop up the mess. Problem solved.
• After 3-4 uses it was obvious that the sink was draining very slowly. Within about 15-20 minutes of calling, someone arrived to fix that problem, as well.
• After the first night of poor quality sleep, due to three overly stuffed and very hard pillows, and three very soft and under filled feather pillows, we explained the problem to the front desk and were offered foam filled pillows that made our second night much more comfortable. Order the foam pillows immediately upon check in.
• The Wi-fi worked flawlessly in our room and in the lobby, and all other room amenities were up to the Marriott standard.
• They had roped off a large part of the parking lot for some reason so competition for parking spaces was intense. This situation only eased late Sunday night when enough people had checked out. I don’t think they have enough space to create enough parking when they’re fully booked, so be forewarned.

We observed an interesting incident while having the Sunday buffet breakfast. One person had cleared dishes off a nearby table and a small packet of jam fell on the floor in front of the buffet line, unnoticed. It sat there as another employee (name withheld to protect the guilty) came by, eyed the packet, and then made a very conscious decision that it was “below her pay grade” to bend over and pick it up. She passed by again in 30-45 seconds, and again made the same decision.

Then along came Raphael, pushing a huge cart full of clean dishes. He spied the packet, paused with his heavy load, walked over and picked it up and tossed it in a nearby wastebasket, then went on with his “real” job. This guy seems to "get it."

Just then some guy in a nice suit came by wearing a Marriott nametag, so I motioned him over and inquired if he were somehow connected to the restaurant. Turns out he was the Director of Operations for the whole hotel, Mark Van Wagenen. I related the story of the errant jam packet, and he said he would make a point of telling that story in the staff de-briefing at the end of the shift. Sort of a real-world “teachable moment.”

To the young lady who refused to pick up the jam packet, you have much to learn from Raphael.

The next morning I was in the lobby and along came Mark V. He offered to get me a cup of coffee, which I declined, and we chatted a bit more. In the 6-7 minutes we chatted he stepped aside at least 4-5 times to open the doors for entering and exiting guests, some with kids and strollers. He sees everything. He misses no opportunity to be of service to others. That same young lady has much to learn from Mark V.

Would we stay again? Sure. But we’d try to schedule our stay when there would be more parking spaces available.

Dean Herrington

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dean, It was very nice speaking with you and your wife during your stay. I really appreciate that you took time out of your day to detail your guest experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. It is only through this feedback that we can hope to improve your future service experience. This information is truly invaluable and you can be sure that I will share your review with all of our associates. I hope you and wife had a nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel on your way back to Las Vegas. It was an honor to to brillantly host you and your wife. Please come back and see us the next time that you visit the Alpharetta area.
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Marriott properties rarely disappoint and this is no exception. The room was comfortable with a good bed. The food was good and the property clean and well maintained. A niggling note, we were with a group and our room was missing its mini-fridge, which was present in the rooms of other attendees.

The area is close to lots of restaurants and we had a fantastic meal at a nearby Cuban restaurant (Mambo's Cafe, 4915 Windward Parkway).

The staff and management were extremely accommodating to our car club, roping and maintaining a separate area for us to gather and park. - Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mark V, Director of hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We really appreciate that your S2000 Club of America held your car event at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. All of your members had a great time and we truly thank you for all of the nice comments about our property and associates. Please accept my apology that you didn’t have a refrigerator in the room that you were assigned. We are in the process of installing refrigerators in all of our guest rooms which will be completed in 2014. In the meantime you can request one to be delivered upon request. Many thanks again for your business and we hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to the Alpharetta area.
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Attended a conference on the weekend. We got a very low rate. This hotel has all the extras such as outdoor and indoor pool and whirlpool. Lobby and grounds are lush. Full serve dining onsite. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Very fast elevators. Right off the interstate. I would send the most fussy traveler there. Do not let the low weekend rate scare you away.

Room Tip: Corner room is a plus. A bit larger
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We are so happy to hear that our hotel has provided you with the outstanding value that you have come to expect from Marriott. Thanks for pointing out all of our most popular features and especially our pleasant and helpful associates. It was a pleasure to brilliantly host you and we look forward to your next visit to the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel.
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our fourth time staying at the Alpharetta Marriott for the American Girl weekend. Again, our stay exceeded our expect ions. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. Christina, at check in, went above the call of duty to make my daughters feel extra special. I am always overly impressed with the staff, they are always as friendly as the staff in Disney, very impressive. They know how to make each girl feel very special, from the pink rooms, doll beds, pink robes, movie night, cookies and milk and eating breakfast at a pink table. The AG stay is truly a memory to make with your daughter, niece, granddaughter or friend. You will not be disappointed!! We can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I really appreciate all of the awesome feedback about your American Girl Package weekend! We are truly honored to have you stay on our American Girl Package four times. It is so nice to hear that your American Girl Package experience gets better with every visit to the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to detail your American Girl experience and we look forward to having your family visit us for your fifth American Girl stay very soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Everytime I travel to Alpharetta, I stay at this Marriott. It's conveniently located just off the highway and near great restaurants, shopping and industry. The hotel is always clean and the staff is very accommodating for whatever I need. The restaurant on site is also very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I truly appreciate all of your outstanding feedback about your stay here that the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Many thanks for being one of our repeat guests. We hope that you will try our new Marriott Mobile Application available for iPhone® and Android™ devices to check-in the next time that you make your next reservation at any Marriott Hotel. This new app makes booking and checking-in for your Marriott stay more convenient than ever. Plus, you’ll earn Marriott Rewards points for your trips to either business or vacation destinations booked through this free app. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Alpharetta area.

Been to Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta? Share your experiences!