“They pack too many meetings into this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
American Girl® Getaway
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
New York City, New York
“They pack too many meetings into this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A good hotel manages its conference business. This hotel doesn't do a good enough job. I wouldn't use it again. The food is decent enough and the staff tries to be helpful. but sales and catering clearly doesnt communicate or coordinate w the service staff. Our meeting was surrounded by a noisy corporate group that wasn't handled well. Imagine haven't to push your way through a noisy crowd of people just to get to the front desk and check out.

• Stayed May 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thanks for your feedback concerning your group meeting at our hotel. Please be assured that we work hard to be sure that all of our meeting attendees have and excellent experience. I am available to speak with you at your convenience to discuss your experience about your meeting. Your satisfaction is our #1 goal. Thanks again for staying with us at the Alpharetta Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed in the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta for two nights the weekend of May 17, 2013. We were in Atlanta on business. This weekend there were several families with girls staying as part of the American Girl package so the pool was packed with kids and overall there were more kids than are typical in a hotel. As a side note, they had a really cute pink check-in area for the families on this package; if I had a small girl with me I’m sure she’d love it.

When trying to go to bed on Friday night, there were girls in the hallways screaming, chasing each other. Now, this is not the hotel’s fault – seriously parents, where are you? When I called the front desk, the hotel handled it immediately.

The hotel is a nice, business class hotel with some extra perks. We ate in the restaurant Vandalia’s two times, once for dinner (amazing), and also for breakfast, the buffet. The buffet was very nice but again tons of kids. The hotel seems to handle the amount of kids well; there were special tables (in pink) for the families on the American Girl package. I typically don't like a lot of kids in my business hotels but they did a good job of separating that group from the rest of the guests. I don’t use the pool so dealing with the kids wasn’t an issue either.

The room was spacious and very clean (no mini-bar but there is a refrigerator), if you've stayed in a good Marriott, this is the same. The only complaint I had was that the set up of the bathroom and toilet was awkward (see my picture). The toilet was right next to the front door. When sitting on the toilet (even with the bathroom door shut, you could hear all the activity in the hall. I could clearly hear the room attendant next door getting items off her cart. So, this made me feel a bit awkward -- if I can hear them, they can hear me.

I wouldn’t hesitate booking this hotel again, but be aware of kids on the weekend.

Room Tip: maybe away from the elevator to keep noise down.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We really do appreciate all of the nice comments about your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I do apologize for any noise issues that you and your family experienced during your time with us. I promise that we will continue to deliver a first class experience and I look for to meeting you the next time that you stay at our hotel. Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us!
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed last weekend for my daughter's 4th birthday. We had the American Girl Deluxe package and were very impressed with everything. The hotel itself is very beautiful and every employee we met(from the front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant) was warm and friendly. I liked that they "checked in" my daughter and spoke to her directly and made her feel very special. The room was clean, beds were soft. The pillows, however, are FIRM. They were extremely busy, yet our room was quiet. Breakfast was much better than I expected. The food is typical "hotel" food but I really enjoyed having a sit down meal with a waitress and requesting a waffle be made by the chef rather than fighting with other guests to get to the waffle iron to make my own. The value of the package is worth every penny. My daughter loved the decor of the room(pink, pink, pink), the robe to wear, milk and cookies waiting for her and her doll after returning from dinner, and keeping her doll bed. She also received a pink pencil, pink notepad, a sucker of her choice and a gift card she was able to use in the gift shop(three choices: ice cream, candy or chips.) Our package also included breakfast. The dinning room is large and offers plenty of seating so there is no need to get up early and rush downstairs - they have pink tables for the "American Girls" but you may also order room service for an additional 20% fee. The location was great - right off the interstate - two exits from the American Girl shop at North Point Mall - and close to several strip malls with TONS of places to eat, Kroger and gas stations. We will be back since the hotel is pretty close to Stone Mountain. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are thrilled that you and your daughter were able to experience our one of a kind Deluxe American Girl Package at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We really appreciate that you took the time to describe your visit and hope that you will tell all of your friends and family about your stay. Thanks so much for staying with us and we hope that we see you again very soon!
roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property many times and have always enjoyed it. Hotel is always bustling with weddings and special events, but they are very professional and offer wonderful hospitality. Rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thanks so much for being a fan of the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. I promise to share all of your nice comments with our associates. We really do appreciate your Marriott loyalty as a repeat guest and we hope that you will return again very soon. Thanks again for staying with us!
Shorewood, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at quite a few Marriott properties traveling on business. This particular hotel had the friendliest staff of any I have visited. Room service was prompt and courteous, a question on my bill was promptly addressed and every employee I interacted with went above and beyond.

The only negative comment I would have, the pillows.......larger very firm pillows or smaller too soft pillows.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators, as like with many hotels, the noise travels through the doors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for continuing to stay with us at Marriott. I really do appreciate all of your kind words about your room service and your overall staff experience. I will be sharing your feedback concerning our pillows as we work to improve your future stay at our hotel.We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Alpharetta area.
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a sports event with a group of about 20 other families. It is really a lovely hotel. The rooms are large and very comfortable, except for the pillows. I would recommend taking your own! The pool area was great, with both an indoor and outdoor pool and a hot tub. There is also a large lobby with multiple seating areas which made it convenient for families to sit and visit. We had good service the entire time we were there. My main complaint is parking. The hotel seemed to be hosting several events during the time we were there, and the parking lot was full. The hotel had someone out to direct guests to an adjacent parking area, which I appreciated. However, it was raining and the walk was a little long to get inside the building. Overall I enjoyed the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room with only a stairwell next to us. It was very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you had such a nice stay with us. I do apologize that we had limited parking due to several hotel functions during your stay. Thanks again for staying at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you're visiting on the north side of Atlanta, this is a great place to stay, especially over the weekend.

The hotel is well booked early in the week and you could expect to pay up to $200 per night. we were in-town for four nights, Thursday through Sunday and were able to get a rate of $67 per night, including access to the Concierge Lounge (not open on weekends).

The rooms was spacious and comfortable - my wife was impressed (believe me, that is hard to do). It's convenient

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you and your wife had such an enjoyable experience. Your feedback really means a lot to us here at the Alpharetta Marriott. I promise to share your kind comments with all of our associates. Thank you so much for staying with us!

Been to Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta? Share your experiences!