“Great Location for Business Travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
American Girl® Getaway
Ranked #4 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
“Great Location for Business Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights during the week and at 200+ a night I thought it was a bit steep. Yes, it is a great hotel with fantastic amenities but the room decor did not warrant such a steep price tag. Staff was super helpful with some requests that I had prior to check in and everything was just as promised once I checked in. Super Convienent to ADP, as that is where I had training for 2 days. Personally, I would not pay the steep price to stay here but my company was paying so what do I care. Could use a revamp and free Internet. Give me a break, 13 dollars a day! I just stayed at another hotel and it was 80 a night and the Wifi was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We just returned from spending an "American Girl" weekend at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta. We were celebrating our daughter's 10th birthday and had heard about the "American Girl Package" offered by the Marriott. We could not have been more pleased with our experience. The package was all about how the Marriott could make the experience special for our child (and for a very reasonable price!). All of the Marriott employees that we encountered were friendly and gracious. Our child was thrilled with her AG doll bed, milk and cookies, and gift card for a free dessert. She also enjoyed the AG movie that was showing the night we were there (along with popcorn and drinks). We all enjoyed the wonderful breakfast. We will look forward to making this trip again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was excited to have gotten a good rate for a weekend at this hotel. I have always had good Marriott experiences and feel that you can expect a certain level of standards there. This one was super disappointing. It was clean and it was convenient, but that's all it had going for it. It was very dated, cheap looking furniture, old wallpaper borders, etc. Not the place you'd want to spend alot of time, but I figured it was ok for sleeping. Bed was fine and clean. There was lots of noise until 2AM and the room was uncomfortably warm so I couldn't sleep even if it weren't noisy. I ended up checking out the next morning instead of staying another night. I guess you get what yoo pay for. The low rate was too good to be true.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We decided to stay here so we could watch a Braves game the next day. My brother and my best friend don't travel often, and they aren't used to staying in the nicest of places, so it was nice to watch their expressions as we stayed here. Now I know there are other hotels that are much nicer and this may not be something to be in awe over, but it was for them.

The lobby area was pretty busy, as was the restaurant when we checked in. The rooms were nice and clean. My wife was happy about the Bath & Body Works amenities within the rooms. My brother wanted to steal a pillow from the room, he liked them so much. My wife and I had adjoining rooms with my brother and friend, which was nice.

Internet is not free (Unless you're a Marriott Gold Elite or up), so keep that in mind. I ended up just using my smartphone for the duration of the stay.

We had found a great rate to stay here over the weekend, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This property is well maintained, quiet and relaxing. The concierge lounge is spacious and well staffed. Room service was prompt, efficient and courteous. Several other "little things" made a big difference, like an abundance of elevators so that guests did not have extraordinarily long waits. The staff is fantastic, particularly at the front desk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed for a three night business trip. No problems with reservation, checkin, checkout, bell hop, etc. Business hotel without perks like valet or doormen (that I could see). Very active number of people and events happening throughout the week. We had a few catered events for our business meetings, for breakfast and lunch only, and they were quite good. The food quality was excellent, and quantity was way more than enough, the choices were great, and they had staff planted/dedicated for us, even though we were only feeding between 10-20 people each meal. The staff were not lazy in any way and they helped with picking up dirty plates consistently, kept things very clean, spoke only when spoken to, etc. The rooms were not high end (more than good enough for business travelers), but they were very clean, with plenty of quality towels, iron, board, etc. Water was $6+ in the room, but we tend to expect that these days. I was pleasantly surprised and it was well worth the very reasonable minimal price per night. One night I ate in the bar... a slightly happening place, with great food. Another night about 12 of us ate at the restaurant... they had the same food as in the bar... which was quite fresh, a lot of choices, and satisfying after a long day. The drinks were consistently not made well; in my mind, the bartender was not qualified. They do have an outside pool, but I did not use it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

THIS HOTEL IS VERY NICE! Its very neat and clean. Also the pools are very nice and clean, even the outdoor one. The staff is wonderful too. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta? Share your experiences!