“Wonderful gem of a restaurant in the 'burbs” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 438 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful gem of a restaurant in the 'burbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is great. The food is always very fresh (some of the food comes from the owner's own farm located a few miles from the restaurant), and very tasty. I have had a variety of dishes here from pasta, to meats, polutry, and fish. In all cases I keep being pleasantly surprised by the flavors, freshness, and overall quality of the food. The family owners always make you feel very welcome and take time to chat with every table. Even the wait staff is very enthusiastic and pleasant to chat with. The entrees are not inexpensive, but I would rather pay more for good quality food as you do here as opposed to many other restaurants where the prices might be less, but the quality is definitely not on par with what they serve here at Casa Nuova. I wholeheartedly recommend this place as a top choice for a nice evening out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Family Owned Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

A real gem in Alpharetta. Don't let the strip mall location stop you from trying some great Italian food. We have eaten here many times and the food is always delicious. Generally we just listen to the specials and get what sounds good - we haven't been disappointed yet.

The best part of the experience really is the family atmosphere - the owners are always interacting with customers and really make you feel welcome.

Generally we do try to stop by during the week as the weekends get completely packed! You can end up waiting quite a while for a table so plan accordingly.

They don't have an extensive wine list but there are some solid choices and one night a week (I think Monday but I'm not sure) they do $20 / bottle specials.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Another lovely evening at Casa Nuova”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Another lovely evening, good wine, delicious food, and excellent, personal service at Casa Nuova. We started with a nice bottle of chardonay -- on their wine night special, $20/bottle. I had chicken Marsala and my husband had chicken caccitore, plus we both had house salads. The dishes were so good, and the servings big enough for lunch tomorrow. The service was excellent, attentive and personal. The food and service are consistently fine at this restaurant. Our bill for a bottle of wine, two salads and two entrees was about $66 (before tip), which I consider very reasonable for the excellent quality of the food, service and restaurant.
The first time I went to Casa Nuova, we had just moved to the area. It was a cold and rainy nighti in Febuary and my husband was out of town... I was fairly miserable, so I went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant, Casa Nuova. The decor of the restaurant is warm and intimate. My server was friendly and made me feel welcome. And then there was that wonderful lasagne dinner... I left the restaurant with my world looking a whole lot better.
Really, for a delightful evening, lovely restaurant, excellent food and service, do try Casa Nuova. We've never been disappointed there.

Cumming, Georgia
“Yum and Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I love this place. Great Italian food always. Even great when we are feeling lazy and get it to go. We love coming here. I usually eat the same meal everywhere I go but I always like to try new things here. One of my favorite places.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Rome Away from Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Most of you might have heard the phrase 'home away from home' to describe organizations that cater to an individual's ancestral / demographic background. Well, this place caters to any individual's desire for an authentic Italian cuisine.

From the entrance you are given a warm greeting. When you are seated two staff members come to take your order and serve you bread and water. The dimly lit, calming atmosphere makes you forget you're at a restaurant until you realize you are being served deliciousness on a dish.

Throughout the entirety of your meal you are constantly bothered if you could be better serviced to the point where it feels like you have a personal butler at your command. The service here is absolutely amazing.

Keep in mind that during the appetizer / salad and main course phase of your meal nothing will be removed until the busboys / busgirls can ascertain that everyone at the table is done with their plates. It seems that the staff members are put through rigorous training to guarantee absolute professionalism.

The food here is beyond any human adjectives; there are no words I can possibly use to describe the sensation of taking a bite of their lightly breaded calamari fritto or the intriguing blend of softness and tenderness of their veal francese. The vegetables served here are all home grown by the owners themselves.

Trade secret: before you even open the menu just listen to the specials. Every item on the daily special will cause you to impulsively order without a second thought.

• Visited July 2013