“Breakfast at the Diner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 428 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Norcross, Georgia
“Breakfast at the Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We made the journey to The Diner at North Point on a rainy Saturday morning. We were seated quickly, and met by our waiter. A little confusion was caused by my wife's order, and a similar item was served, but not exactly what we ordered. The manager quickly noticed, and said he would make the order right although my wife said it was not necessary. Within a few minutes, the current item was brought. There were a good number of choices, and being at a round table made it easy to converse.

• Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Head to the Marietta or Buckhead Diners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently moved near the Diner at North Point and gave it a shot a couple of weeks ago to see if it would be added to my Sunday brunch rotation. Despite a cavernous interior, there weren't many people in the restaurant and staff was highly inattentive. I ordered pancakes and have had better meals at Denny's for half the price. No matter how convenient, I won't be returning.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank bobkos55
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Should be called "NOT JUST a Diner"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was traveling through town & had to stay near the mall. There are your garden variety chain restaurants that just hurt my stomach. So, I saw The Diner. Being from NY, I figured I'd just get simple eggs & toast before bed. Well, you walk in, and it has a super warm, sophisticated feel like an upscale steak restaurant. The menu was vast and varied with pretty much any offering you could want! My server was very attentive, and was right at the ready. I went for the classic Bruschetta to start & Mahi Mahi as a main. The bruschetta was a twist on the classic with a crumbled cheese and kalamata olives and a thick drizzle of (I think) a dark vinegar. It was delicious. The Mahi Mahi was AMAZING. I got it grilled instead of blackened, and the flavor was so light and delicate, so fresh tasting!! It had a tropical salsa of tomatoes, mango, lime and a little chopped red onion to give it a zing on top.There was a creamy risotto and a variety of vegetables with it. In the veg, there were a lightly sauteed zucchini and lets put it this way- I hate vegetables, and I ate all of them. Why can't I make them like this? No heavy, cloying sauces, simple, delicious and such a surprise!!!! Had no room for desert- my only regret! The case filled with huge, no nonsense cakes look like they could take anyone down. Traveling home I took the leftovers with me. The ONLY thing I could say is, bring earplugs. Like many restaurants these days, the music can be great, but it competes with rather than compliments the dining experience. Maybe I'm old :)

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Great....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Alway enjoy eating here. Servers are great and make you want to come back. Food is great. Great location and hours.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Karen T
Lithia, Florida
“Really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The sign said open for breakfast, really,.... when is that served? Because after traveling all the way across town to try it you were closed!

Visited July 2013