“Interesting Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Interesting Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The place was not busy on a Saturday night. Unusual in Alpharetta. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The food took a while to get out and the wine list was short though we found a few gems hidden away. The food was good but the sweet potator fries were over cooked.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“it just got messy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The beer has always been a reason to visit 5 seaons. Mind you the food has been good in the past but I didn't imbibe this time... probably should have. The staff and locals made it a night to remember.

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Took a group of a out a dozen there in late August 2012. Everyone loved their meal: food was fresh, attractively presented and tasty. Interesting microbrewery on site also. Service was very good, and price was reasonable. Don't make the assumption that organic = boring, this place is fantastic. And there's plently on the menu for vegetarians and carnivores alike.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Fresh Seasonal Food & Nice Drinking Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

While visiting Alpharetta, we stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant.

Why did we pick this restaurant? We stopped because of the number of cars in the lot..always a good sign : )

I am not so hot on bar food because of the limited menu. Thus, we were pleasantly surprised to find the rustic interior with a hint of whimsy (glass beer Stine room dividers) offered a diverse healthy menu at decent prices that would make it easy for almost anyone to find something to eat. Gluten free included!

The restaurant was busy at 6:30pm with many business people socializing after work at the bar, and a few families sprinkles here and there at tables. We opted for a small table near the fire place in the bar, and service was spot on and very friendly. Our server even offered up a list of other dining establishments for us to try while visiting the area (all spot on...see my other reviews).

Our Choices:
-Homemade Spent Grain Bread- Just Ok, bought it to go the soups.
-Vegetarian soup- this was a miss. Mostly what looked to be cabbage, not a lot of favor, or vegetables.For a place that offers seasonal fare, I expected better.
-Beer cheese soup- pretty tasty with just the right consistency, but with temps in the 90's while we were there, I would save this for colder weather.
-Balsamic Roasted Beet Salad. Chopped Beets & Goat Cheese salad with balsamic vinaigrette- Awesomely good! Some of the best outside of New York CIty ( Cafe Loup) go there if you make it to NYC it rocks!
- New zeland lamb chops (2) got rave reviews from hubby. Small but tasty side plate.
-Seasonal Ales- very nice and refreshing

My friend that lives the area has a preference out of the 3 locations. This not being one of them, as he prefers the other brew masters. However for us it was delicious, with good service, attentive staff, and I would definitely visit this location or another when I get back to town to visit my friend again!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Don't be fooled by the external appearance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

From the outside it has a log cabin look and feel, but do let that fool you.......The cuisine is fabulous. I have been to 5 Seasons numerous times and try to go whenever I am in town on business. I have never been disappointed.....in the food, the beer or the staff. This place hires very well with friendly customer centric staff. The food is always well prepared, uses lots of organic ingredients and the beer ( their own) represents some of my favorite ever micro-brews. I'm very partial to hoppy IPAs and theirs has never let me down. If you're ever in the neighborhood or even need to drive 10 miles to get here make the trip. I'm headed there again one more time this trip before I head back to NJ......to get my "fix".