“Great Exprerience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Eatonton, Georgia
“Great Exprerience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel was updated, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that by my 5AM work out the water and towels were depleted. The location is great - close to 400, shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving an update review of our property. We always strive to ensure our guests have a wonderful visit with us and are so happy to hear your second visit was much more enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Spotsylvania, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here earlier this year, and we were disappointed. The manager followed up and offered us a free stay on our next visit. We just got back and the place is much improved. In my last review, I noted that the employees were uninterested at best. This time, we got a warm greeting when we arrived. One evening, our request for a diet coke from the front desk was swiftly filled. We ate breakfast two days. The waitress the first day was the same one we had last time. She was more polite and attentive. The waitress on the second day was positively eager to please, launching a half hour search to find an Earl Grey tea bag for me. As other reviewers note, the rooms are small. The bathrooms are very small. But the place is stylishly decorated, more so than other Hilton properties in this price range. It seems a little less "used" than the Hilton Garden Inn near North Point Mall. The fitness room is above average for this price point, and was much cleaner on this visit. Speaking of price, over the weekend is a real bargain (around $62.00 for the government rate). I think the Hilton Garden Inn on Windward Parkway (across the GA 400) still gives this place a run for its money, but I was gratified that management has made a real effort to rectify some deficiencies.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your review of your most recent visit. We are delighted to hear that found your second visit to be much better. We are especially pleased to hear your experience with our staff was much improved. We have shared your feedback with them and appreciate you leaving your updated review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding in a one bedroom suite. It looked fairly new and was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Convenient to the highway. Lots of restaurants in the area. The staff was also friendly and helpful. There was a pool, it looked clean but I never used it. I was on a 2nd floor and was not disturbed by noises from downstairs. If I ever had business in Alpharetta again, would definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you would definitely stay with us again on future visits. We look forward to seeing you next time. Thank you for leaving your comments for other travelers.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The experience at the front desk was the best part. The ladies who checked us in were very friendly. Welcomed me as a Diamond member and were very quick and professional. The hotel reminded me of a Hampton Inn, not the standard Double Tree I am used to. The hotel was clean and quiet. I am used to a made to order or buffet style breakfast, not the contential offered with this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recently choosing our DoubleTree hotel in Alpharetta. We are very happy to hear that our front desk associates were so friendly and helpful and that you found our hotel to be so clean and quiet. We aim to ensure all our guests are made to feel welcome while they stay with us. Thank you for leaving your review.
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We are from Atlanta, but moved to Charlotte recently. We were just in town for one night and needed a place in the Alpharetta area. The location of this hotel was convenient to everything, but the room was small. The bathroom tile needed to be re-grouted, but I only noticed because I repair old homes. We experienced some noise from the room above and outside from the hallway. This was taken care of as soon as we called the front desk. Overall for the price it is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our DoubleTree hotel. We are glad to hear that our front desk was able to assist in ensuring the noise you mentioned was resolved. Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll choose to stay with us next time your traveling back to the area.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My work required me to visit the home office which was in the northern Atlanta suburbs of Alpharetta. I would say I enjoyed my stay there and the hotel made it just that much more enjoyable. As I checked-in late at night, I found parking easily and walked in to a small yet cozy lobby area which was connected to the breakfast seating area which I would ravage hours later. Check-in itself was fast and ended with a happy ending of a free warm chocolate chip cookie; already off to a good start.

Very simple layout, only 4 floors but it seemed like customer service was paramount here, everyone I passed by either greeted me or asked me if I needed anything; very rare compared to most hotels I have visited... could also be this southern hospitality that I keep hearing about.

The room itself was very clean, good climate, nice TV, huge California King size bed that allowed me to pass right out while setting the Sleep timer on the TV. Bathroom was clean and mostly modern with a dual-head stand-up shower which was quite nice. I made a rather amateur 4 minute video of me walking through the room, just search YouTube for "Doubletree alpharetta hotel room" should be the 1st link.

Room service was spot on, they even reorganized my toiletries in a way that it was actually helpful like they put some thought into it or something, crazy. Breakfast was buffet style mostly, but it was on-par with most hotel food, get the French Toast, skip the eggs.

Check out was quick and painless. I didn't experience a single issue with noise. But my only qualm was that the treadmill in the tiny gym downstairs was broken and I was forced to just jog outside instead, darn. Overall, highly recommended to stay here, especially for business travel.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, bit more roomy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear about your recent visit. We do strive to provide the very best in customer service and are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We have passed along your review to our entire team so that they can read your kind words as well. Thank you for leaving your review.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stay in this hotel frequently when traveling on business. Always have excellent customer service and the rooms are great. The staff calls me by name when I enter and exit the hotel. I have never had any problems with any of the amenities and facilities. Associates are always treated with the same respect and friendliness that I am given.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We're always delighted to hear when our guests have a great experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!