“Very unhelpful staff” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Very unhelpful staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night to see a local concert. This is a very average hotel although I suppose the room was ok for the price. The breakfast buffet was a bit tired. But my unpleasant experience began when I arrived home and realized I forgot two items of clothing in my room. This was approximately 4 hours after I checked out. I realize that hotels are not responsible for forgotten items, but I called to inquire if they were found. I gave my room number and described the items clearly. After being put on a long hold, a front desk clerk told me he would call me back. He did not. I called the hotel again, and was cheerfully told that my clothing was still there and I could come and get it. I explained that I live 4 hrs away and they agreed to send my clothing at my expense. A week later with $13.80 billed to my AMEX, I received someone else's clothing (an employee's) in the mail. I called and was placed on a long hold. I called again and I was again told they would call me back. I called the hotel after another 3 hours and they told me they did not have access to their own lost and found. I'll let you know if I ever see my clothes! (and if you're the employee known as Jen, I have your shirt and sweater- but I really would prefer my own skirt and blouse!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
It was a pleasure speaking with you last week. We understand that you have now received your clothing and are glad to hear that you plan on being a returning customer. Again, we apologize for the mix up and appreciate you working with us to remedy this situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brooklyn, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is ok. No microwaves and no mini-fridges even in the upgraded rooms. The carpet is mid-90's and the shower doors are done in brass-gold tone. The grouted tile in the bath was all missing and some tiles were cracked - because the floors are a wood subfloor and not concrete. The furnishings have been updated however and everything was nice, clean, and fresh smelling. All in all in need of an upgrade but nothing I wouldn't stay at again..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for recently staying with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again.
Alpharetta, GA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Staff was GREAT! Was greeted with a smile and felt very welcomed. Each time I entered, was also greeted with a hello and a smile. Even as I pasted staff in the halls, the experience was pleasant. It was obvious to me that this is a well run hotel who's focus is on their guest. There are many hotels in this area and I would recommend giving this one a chance. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our DoubleTree in Alpharetta. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers.
Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

ALL the staff that work there are amazing. They are friendly and go out of their way to accomodate.
Everytime I am in Alpharetta I prefer to stay at this location.
My room is always spotless.
The rooms need a little updating ( showers ), but everything is spotless and very very clean.
Ps...They have te best pillows and awesome ( complimentary ) Chocolate Chip Cookies, too!

Room Tip: All rooms are convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We've passed along your comments to our entire staff so that they can read your praises as well. We appreciate you leaving your feedback for other travelers. Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 5 years. The staff has remained pretty much the same all these years, and always welcomes me with smiles..and by name! Carlton has been here for years!! This hotel is always clean, and the bar is a nice retriet. the bartender is fun to chat with too :-). there are many restaurants within walking distance, including a Starbucks right across the street! I recommend this hotel for anyone!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We always love having you stay with us and greatly appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, always asking if they can help with anything else during my stay. The rate was great for this time of year and the location. I would recomend this hotel to any business traveler staying in Alpharetta. I will stay here agin on future business trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving your five-star review of our property for other travelers. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
columbus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located for easy shopping. Area is very nice and hotel is very well lit. I felt very safe even with a late check in. Plenty of things to do in the area but traffic can be a bit heavy during peak hours. Great value for the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of our DoubleTree hotel. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoy their stay. We hope you'll choose to stay with us on your next trip to Alpharetta.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!