“Always feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Orlando, Florida
“Always feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 5 years. The staff has remained pretty much the same all these years, and always welcomes me with smiles..and by name! Carlton has been here for years!! This hotel is always clean, and the bar is a nice retriet. the bartender is fun to chat with too :-). there are many restaurants within walking distance, including a Starbucks right across the street! I recommend this hotel for anyone!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always love having you stay with us and greatly appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, always asking if they can help with anything else during my stay. The rate was great for this time of year and the location. I would recomend this hotel to any business traveler staying in Alpharetta. I will stay here agin on future business trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving your five-star review of our property for other travelers. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
columbus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located for easy shopping. Area is very nice and hotel is very well lit. I felt very safe even with a late check in. Plenty of things to do in the area but traffic can be a bit heavy during peak hours. Great value for the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of our DoubleTree hotel. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoy their stay. We hope you'll choose to stay with us on your next trip to Alpharetta.
Alpharetta, GA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very good rate, but breakfast not worth it. There was only one other person in the restaurant, and I had to wait to be seated. Turns out the only waitress was snoozing in a booth. Ordered and omelet. Overcooked, brown, dry, I didn't eat it. Very limited selections on buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We deeply apologize for your recent experience in our restaurant. This is by no means the norm and we have alerted our Food and Beverage Director as well as our General Manager. Thank you for making us aware of this situation so that we can ensure this does not happen again in the future.
Decatur, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My daughters and their families spent one night with us while we were visiting Atlanta. We had 3 rooms and 5 little boys! The rooms were very clean, very comfortable and very sound proof! The breakfast the next morning was very good and everyone was very patient with the boys! Will stay here again when we return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for recently staying with us in Alpharetta and leaving your review for other travelers. We're so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Thank you once again for your review and for choosing our DoubleTree hotel.
Norfolk, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

had a short overnight stay for business in the area. the parking lot has plenty of space and offers free parking. I arrived in the early evening and was promptly greeted by the friendly receptionist. he had me checked in quickly, gave me my cookie (one of the main reasons to stay at a doubletree) and I was off to my room. I had a standard king room and the room was dominated by the huge bed. the room was very clean and had plenty of space for my bag. the sink was in a separate area from the toilet and a large shower which I appreciate. the hotel AC is one of those individual units and it blows very very cold air. I was very pleased with how well it cooled down the room.

The hotel is located walking distance from many restaurants.

In the morning I had the buffet breakfast (included in the rate). the food was good, with some very tasty biscuits. the wait staff was a bit disappointing. first they told me that diet coke was not included in the breakfast rate (a first for a Hilton property or really any hotel I have ever stayed at). second was that they did not give me a second thought after seating me and delivering my coffee. no offer to refill the coffee, no cleaning of plates, no delivery of check. they in fact huddled around the bar chatting. When I left they didn't even acknowledge me.

Checkout was simple, just dropped off the key and I was out of there. overall would recommend the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall however, we are sorry to hear about your experience with our wait staff during breakfast. We have passed along your comments to our Food and Beverage Director and have alerted our General Manager of the situation. Thank you for your review and we do look forward to seeing you again.
Hendersonville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff was good, but the pool was terrible. Don't go here if you're planning to spend some time sitting around the pool. It's tiny, in the shade, and there's no sitting area. Also, customer service for reservations didn't know what they were talking about and told me the wrong price for the second night we stayed. It IS very clean with comfortable beds. It didn't smell funny like most hotels do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for recently staying at our DoubleTree hotel in Alpharetta. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable however, do apologize that other aspects of your stay were not as excellent. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again should you travel to Alpharetta as we strive to ensure all our guests leave 100% satisfied. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!